PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 July 2019 at 9:40PM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    My sis had the exact same problem and ended up having to set up another email account after much toing & froing to get it fixed. Glad you got yours sorted out.

I'm hoping it's worked as I tend to use my tablet and it likes the old password :cool:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed:)
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,379 Forumite
    Options
    I had toast for breakfast.:D

I'm making some roasted cauliflower with a sauce made from some melted marg mixed with hot sauce. You dip the florets in the sauce when they are nice and crispy.

I love it.:)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,236 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 July 2019 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Another hot day, into L's but found I'd left my shopping list behind, bummer, bought most things on list but forgot the porridge.

However today's YS was pack of hot X buns, 20p, and I remembered a pack of PB baguettes

Lunch was pair of warmed up X buns, with last of the strawberry jam
    I've taken a salmon fillet out to defrost, another salad dinner today as nothing inspiring in L's

Brambling, I was looking at AirB&B as well, but TBH found some of the prices are no different from the likes of Pr*m*r Inns or a B & B. and I'm a bit limited due to stairs at times, so traditional it is, even if exact spot undecided as yet

And I think School hols start just in time for your travels, nothing can be done about that unfortunately. Hope it's not too bad, at least you will know where you are going unlike some others on the same road

Caron, thanks, those recipes look very tempting. I suspect there will be a few CFO cakes baked over the next few weeks
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was in half a mind to make caronc's syrup mix today, but kind of waning in enthusiasm to pop off and do it now.

Today's scoffathon has been:
    2x toast, 2x scrambled eggs, 1/2 tin beans
    1 mini cheesecake
    naan pizza topped with chilli/tomato base, 1/2 a small onion, big sprinkling of chilli flakes, bit of oregano for no reason whatsoever except I thought why not, 1 sausage/cooked/sliced very thinly, thin sliced cheddar on top.
    Another mini cheesecake

I've also been toying with making another of those pizzas tonight, instead of as tomorrow's meal, because it was so lovely.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Certainly too warm to contemplate baking today even if I'd had the time, inclination or ingredients, it's been very close and muggy here with a few rumbles of thunder in the distance. Apart from the past couple of hours, when the sun came out, it's looked as though it was going to pour though never actually did! It is supposed to turn quite wet over the next few days though.
    I'm absolutely bushed, I made most of the dry weather and my nephew being about to help to tackle my Dad's garden as it was needing some tlc and tidying. My nephew isn't what you might call a natural gardener but was happy to follow instructions:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. I'm really pleased with how much we got done :D though less enamoured with the itchy rash that's came up on my arm no doubt from delving into bushes to get at weeds and getting covered in sap from something!

Lunch was a pack up of corned beef salad rolls and grapes. I've pasta/sauce LO from last night which I'm just going to cook some more veg to stir through as I really cba cooking tonight. I did debate getting a takeaway but don't know what I fancy so decided not to.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    though less enamoured with the itchy rash that's came up on my arm no doubt from delving into bushes to get at weeds and getting covered in sap from something!

Snap :o and I know I shouldn't garden in short sleeves :cool: I popped out after work and spent a lot longer pottering than I planned but the garden bin is full for Friday collection. I like to get my money's worth :D

All this cake talk has reminded me I've tea loaf in the freezer :). My colleague brought in a cake today she made to use up a glut of raspberries, lovely almond and raspberry tray bake with favours of bakewell definitely helped with all day spent system testing :D

Lunch was another salad using odds and sods, egg, cheese and seafood sticks. I've eaten a banana since I got in from the garden I have LO dinner from yesterday that just needed extra veg but I don't fancy it now. I may regret it if I wake up hungry in the middle of the night :cool: but I wouldn't waste away
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • pattypan4
    pattypan4 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I was just wondering about energy bills, those who live only on their own. I just entered my readings to octopus and it is £31 for electricity and £7 for gas = £37 for 4 weeks. I am new in my house so have no past bills. Can anyone compare with me?
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I really should start eating food out of the freezer again, now I'm working i'm eating a Subway sandwich at lunch and by time I get home just have something like a portion of rice, and once/twice a week a small takeaway. Still have plenty of butchers meat stocked up, Its hard cooking for one!
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,236 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 July 2019 at 10:37AM
    Options
    Another warm day, after porridge breakfast I mowed the grass because rain is due on Friday, at last. First time I've mown since my op, just my back hurts which is "normal" at least

Photo of last night's eclipse fail, all set up with new camera, no moon, just cloud:( Oh well, another night maybe, just no eclipse photo on Moon on Apollo anniversary

While waiting for the moon to show I snacked on YS X buns + butter

I've made a quickie small loaf in the Panny this morning, having scoffed today's X bun lunch last night:o
    So sarnie for lunch, probably cheese & salady stuff

Dinner I just fancy something Oriental, the only thing I have is a frozen MFO Chicken Tikka + rice.

It's a Morrie's one I bought last year in anticipation of my op & then being housebound for a bit
    Not had one of theirs before. Plus it'll give a bit of space, I want to refill number 2 freezer with decent meat while offer is on at local Farmers' place
    pattypan4 wrote: »
    I was just wondering about energy bills, those who live only on their own. I just entered my readings to octopus and it is £31 for electricity and £7 for gas = £37 for 4 weeks. I am new in my house so have no past bills. Can anyone compare with me?

I've just checked, total for last 12 months which includes winter period, divided by12 gives
    Elect 29.75, Gas [includes CH, cooking & hot water] 21.25
    3 beds

Hope it helps but of course depends on prices per KW + Standing Charge
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback