PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bacon, egg & chips wish I thought of that!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still CBA cooking or eating much, so had cheese, biccies n Branston for tea :p
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Last night i had just had some cashew nuts & cheese crackers with Philly ' cheddar. Tonight I'll have the last of the chicken with the last potatoe & veg.

I can tell it's freezing out - just checked out the window but no snow. If it does snow, it'll settle as the ground is dry.
    Heating has been on for an hour. Might turn it in a again if I feel cold.
    Currently still warm in bed.

Breakfast/brunch - I'm looking forward to a fried egg on toast. Then chicken dinner tonight. A few house chores to do. Not really planning to go anywhere. Was looking to switch bank accounts but doing that z week before Xmas sounds daft, so it can wait til January.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,260 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Wild, wet & windy, with worse to come
    Porridge breakfast so I'm glowing like the porridge kid from Windscale in the old adverts:D
    Brambling wrote: »
    You're a braver person than me Farway, I chickened out of meeting my sister in Chichester tomorrow too close to Christmas :eek: we've pushed it back to Monday in the hope it will be a lot quieter. Thanks for the info on the lighting display in the cathedral we usually have a cuppa in the cafe there so will pop in cathedral as well :)

If it weren't for grandchildren I'd be doing same, but it's Winchester on Monday, moved from Sunday, so some respite
    Today just waiting for children to arrive and off we go, using the Park & ride today, drops us outside the Cathedral, cross road into HoF cafe, which I bet is heaving:(

Lunch whatever is around and space to sit down

Dinner, too far away to think even about

PS last night's toad in hole + beans was super, just enough for a piggy portion
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    ....toad in hole + beans ...
    So many people "don't get" that combo.... I used to love the way the bean juice soaked into the crispy bits.

My yorkie of choice is a bit of a bizarre one.... in our family our Yorkies would have a "stodgy/pudding style" base, with the sides rising. Not "dry/overcooked/crispy" like many are.... because ... we LOVED that "more pudding like stodgy bit". Well, mum wasn't overly keen....

Yorkshires were made in a very large baking dish, not individuals. I used to cut a Yorkie not into four pieces, for four of us, but into eight pieces, so those who liked corners/crispy bits could have two corners if they wished... and those who liked the stodge could have two middle bits :) Mum wasn't ever very keen so would pick the smallest corner piece.

If I'm at, say, a carvery, I'll get 2-3 Yorkies, but am always "disappointed" that there's no 5-inch wide square of "pudding like" type :)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    It's vile/cold/wet outside, with rain hammering at the windows....

So I had a hot breakfast of (the usual) hash browns, beans, eggies :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I hope Joe Wicks isn't reading this!:eek::rotfl:

I haven't had anything to eat yet. I don't know what I feel like...
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Brunch has turned into lunch. I decided to take a flask of coffee back to bed whilst I did some reading. No up to do chores.

BBC weather app says the temp in 0c & feels like -7c. Not ventured outdoors, but I can imagine it does feel like that. Heating is back on. Temp indoors is 15c.
    Might treat myself to two eggs on toast. I've a few eggs to use up
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    .... I decided on one egg & 3 slices of toast. Wish I'd had two eggs & less toast now. 2 eggs & 4 slices is too big & 2 eggs & two slices means I've no dipping toast. & 2 eggs & 3 slices felt like too big a portion....

Lazy day playing on the Internet planned. After I've done the dishes & loaded the washer ...
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I had two rolls with vegan cream cheese and Marmite.

I'm going to have Pizza Express pizza later.

I just had a bath and got back into my pyjamas. Very lazy day for me too. :) I have to do 2 loads of washing but that is about it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback