PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm going to have veggie burger with fries today. I have some organic spuds to make chips in the oven.

I'm going to make a marinated flat mushroom as the burger. They have quite a meaty texture when grilled.

I am going to make a burger sauce out of mayo, mustard, hot sauce and ketchup and have gherkins, chopped avocado and lettuce on top. Yum, yum. All in a GF bun.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    G'day everyone. I'm having left over turkey rissole, beans and mash for lunch and tonight I am having unhealthy battered fish!
    Having my eye looked at this afternoon as I have a sensation that there is some foreign matter in there though the likelihood is it is just down to irritation. Plus I don't want to find myself with unresolved concerns at the weekend :(
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    G'day everyone. I'm having left over turkey rissole, beans and mash for lunch and tonight I am having unhealthy battered fish!
    Having my eye looked at this afternoon as I have a sensation that there is some foreign matter in there though the likelihood is it is just down to irritation. Plus I don't want to find myself with unresolved concerns at the weekend :(
    Hope you eye is ok x
    I'm thinking fish tonight as well though breaded rather than battered, no doubt with oven chips and peas. Swithering between that or curry from the freezer.

It is now absolutely tipping it down and blowing a hooley so my walk around the block isn't happening:(, at least we don't have snow forecast :).

Soup with crackers and cheese for lunch. I have a choice between parsnip & chestnut or scotch broth, I'll see which one I unearth from the freezer first:)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I just got my council tax bill in the post too! It has gone up a little bit, not too much, luckily. I organised all our paperwork yesterday as we switched home insurance to Directline.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That was lovely .... doing that again, but with "more stuff" in it. It was nice on its own, but could do with a little injection of "bits and bobs" here and there... mostly for the appearance.

The main trouble with adding "bits and bobs" is quantity involved, so it will mostly be served as is in future ... peppers would work well as "bits and bobs" as I do buy those, so will have them in the house 3-4x a year. Peas would work well as I've always got peas in a bag in the freezer.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2018 at 2:13PM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    This is in the context that I love my sister dearly but :mad::mad:, I noticed that my large pestle & mortar was awol. (Observation skills aren't my strong point as it is huge, heavy and uaually sits on my kitchen island so how I didn't notice before I have no idea:o). Much raking ensued in cupboards incase when folk were clearing up after "gatherings" it had been stashed, but no not there. Now my sister is notorious for borrowing kitchen things that are then never seen again so I texted her. Yep she has it and nope I probably didn't know that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I suspect it might be easier to get a new one rather than hope it is ever seen in my kitchen again........

She's got the nerve of the devil hasnt she!!!:eek:

I can only say what I would do personally. I would make sure I got it back from her - and there would be "words" about never doing anything like that again.

I don't mind lending things - if I'm asked of course. But just plain taking....you're more forgiving than I am I have to admit.

Unless you're getting "inexplicable" stuff happening - which it has to me a couple of times. I've not forgotten an incident of some years back - where I went to get one of my measuring jugs out of the kitchen cupboard I know it was in. Yep...I absolutely knew that both measuring jugs were in cupboard x and the smaller one was sitting inside the larger one. It wasn't there. Cue for total puzzlement - as I'd given up having lodgers in at that point and so knew it had to be there still. Call me stubborn - but every time I intended to use this missing measuring jug - I would go into that cupboard to get it (ie because I absolutely "knew of a certainty" it was still there as far as I was concerned). Then think "Darn it" and take the bigger one that was still there.

Months of deciding to use it/not being able to use it - and then one day I opened the cupboard door again - and there it was:eek:. No - it wouldnt have been my mother (ie only person with a key to the place) - as she is seriously not into cooking. Still puzzled as to what happened there...

But I did have several "inexplicable" incidents in that house that did rather frighten me (ie my starter house) - and it was part of a whole bundle of reasons for moving from it.

I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion that I may?/possibly?/conceivably? have an inkling of "other" (ie along psychic type lines) abilities - but basically "kill them off" because they're not "logical" and I do like being logical LOL.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Our bills are now £525 a month, but council tax and water are only 10 months a year and TV licence is every 3 months. Directline was paid in one go. I'm not sure if that is a lot or not for a 2 bed house.

My mortgage is £700 a month (we are really overpaying a lot) we were hoping to pay it off this year, but after all the expenses this year we might not be able to now.

The mushroom burger and fries were lovely. :)I just ordered some of those silicone baking sheets from Am*zon to try. It seems like every person on YouTube uses them.:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2018 at 2:26PM
    Options
    I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion that I may?/possibly?/conceivably? have an inkling of "other" (ie along psychic type lines) abilities - but basically "kill them off" because they're not "logical" and I do like being logical LOL.

I've seen things/people etc... and had messages given to me for others who are in my presence.... and it's embarrassing if you're with non-believers.

I went out the other night, in a restaurant ... and as soon as I walked in and sat down I "saw them".... it was an older man with a grey beard and a younger woman/20ish. Clear as day to me, they were aware of me and wanted me to know they were there. But I couldn't say anything, you look like a loon :)

They were from ~1880-1910 at a guess.

The oldest I've seen lived in the 1700-1800s, the pub I walked into used to be her cottage. She sat and told me about the layout etc. Later that evening I gained information that supported the fact I did see her (and her part-materialisation). The information I had directly overlaid with current manifestation problems staff had reported/were scared of.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2018 at 5:21PM
    Options
    I went out the other night, in a restaurant ... and as soon as I walked in and sat down I "saw them".... it was an older man with a grey beard and a younger woman/20ish. Clear as day to me, they were aware of me and wanted me to know they were there.
    I'm tempted to say you can get tablets for that but in my last house I was dating a guy who said that, as he passed the window, he saw an old guy (wearing old fashioned clothing) stood in my kitchen area. In fact he thought I had visitors but when he got inside, there was no sign of my 'visitor'. My date was a copper and a down to earth Yorkshireman ;)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,267 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Oooer, getting spooky now:eek: I've only once experienced something odd, years ago in old inn in Scotland, woken up in the night by someone leaning over me, I thought it may have been McEwan or Johnny Walker:beer: but not sure. I used to be very wary with my son, he used to ask who the man was at the bottom of his bed, gulp.

Beautiful spring day, over 70f in my conservatory, and the tom seeds are just poking up. Seems odd how tomorrow is amber weather warning here with frost & maybe snow

Nil breakfast, popped into L's on way to volunteering.
    I was hoping for inspiration about dinner. No luck, did get 3 YS mini pizza to bung in freezer ready for a CBA time. I wanted some toms but the ones there were manky before I'd even bought them. I'll survive

Due to lack of inspiration in L's today's food is a rinse & repeat

Lunch was LO PB baguette, with corned beef & salad topping

Dinner will be last of the LO boiled spuds, sliced & fried in omelette thing with last of the corned beef, + onion & cheese

At least I'm out for DGS party tomorrow so no need to think about dinner then
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback