PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    It's blinking perishing here, it was sunny earlier so I had the windows opened to give the place a good airing. I went for a snooze without closing them and because I was nice & cosy in my bed I didn't realise the temperature had plummeted. Suffice to say they are now closed and the heating is on. Winter is still kicking here!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hated crab sticks, yuk, tried them once

I would definitely wait caronc, putting it about that you need a cleaner is potentially very unsafe. Tried and tested and insured with a good reputation is the way to go

I really really fancied a crunch, a biscuit, any biscuit but don`t have them in the house so quickly, very quickly, made ginger biscuits and the smell through the house is lovely, buttery, gingery. They are cooling, 30 good sized ones, rusty brown with cracks on the top. About 5 x more than in one of those packets, the expensive ones. They will keep me going through the whole freezer period that we are about to face. Crunch is much more mouth satisfying than soft cake or biscuit
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    I really really fancied a crunch, a biscuit, any biscuit but don`t have them in the house so quickly, very quickly, made ginger biscuits and the smell through the house is lovely, buttery, gingery. They are cooling, 30 good sized ones, rusty brown with cracks on the top. About 5 x more than in one of those packets, the expensive ones. They will keep me going through the whole freezer period that we are about to face. Crunch is much more mouth satisfying than soft cake or biscuit

and now all I can think about is biscuits!!!
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • caronc
    Options
    I hated crab sticks, yuk, tried them once

I would definitely wait caronc, putting it about that you need a cleaner is potentially very unsafe. Tried and tested and insured with a good reputation is the way to go

Yum ginger biscuits they sound great.

Yes I'm going to keep my ears open for any recommendations but wait it out I think. I've managed so far:)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,244 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds tasty, quick & easy, would you care to post recipe please?
    Now fancy a biscuit but none in the house
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    oh dear, sounds like you have the mouth hunger for crunchy that I had. I had one satisfying biscuit after my meal just now and the lingering buttery taste has taken the place of wolfing a whole tasteless packet. Much better. I am putting the recipe ito my blue notebook. I used 175 for about 12 minutes (fan)

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1739643/easy-peasy-gingersnaps
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I had hoped to go with them and may just wait until they have a space. I'm not adverse though to putting a "shout out" for recommendations o a local FB page. I sourced folk for a number of jobs that way before and people are quick to point out if any names get mentioned to avoid.... I need to have another think though.

Another possibility, of course, is asking your local Age Concern/Age UK group if they have any list of people they can recommend for this. I think some do...
  • caronc
    Options
    Another possibility, of course, is asking your local Age Concern/Age UK group if they have any list of people they can recommend for this. I think some do...
    Thanks will check that out.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Today's meals:

Lunch - sourdough bread with seedy spread and some tomatoes and olives. Followed by kiwi fruit and apple with a bit of Oatly "cream" and "choc" chips. Yep - it was cba time.

Dinner - bit use-up. A bit more of that soya "meat" stuff made into a bolognaise type sauce and eaten with pasta. Thank goodness there's only about 2 portions of that "meat" left - as it counts as "Well I ate it" territory imo and doesnt fit in with either my tastes/way of eating basically. There's a 2nd portion still to eat - and think I'll have that on a later day (when I'm not quite sure how far I'll be walking - ie how tired or otherwise I'll be). Reason being "Litter picking groups are the new social life thing in this area". Just as well - as I've been shocked at how much litter I see around in the area. But there's all these litter-picking groups now starting up - so I can see that being some of my exercise here:rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options
    I've opened a box of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kourabiedes for my guests tonight. My son's partner's Mum sent me them from Greece. Just had a small sample - scrumptious, very light and moreish:)

I see from the wiki page they are wedding biscuits. Subtle.... I'd be delighted if they tied the knot she's a lovely girl so it would seem her Mum reckons my son's ok too:D

Whoops read down the page a bit and they are also popular at Christmas, maybe she was just being festive :rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback