Concerns About Friends Behaviour

Options

Comments

• Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    It’s all rather Jeremy Kyle.
    Your heading is rather weird too. “Concern about a friends behaviour”.

It really does come across as a tall tale.

Exactly, I don't think I'd describe someone claiming to have had sex with my husband as a 'friend'.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 January 2018 at 3:10PM
    Options
    avogadro wrote: »
    So what actually ARE the rules on here for having more than one account, either running concurrently, or re-registering with new user-names?

(Question not directed at suki, but just generally wondering, because it appears to happen many times on this site, particularly on the non-money saving boards.)

It's not so much the multiple accounts, (although I see no reason to do this if you are who you say you are and only write true accounts) it's that a well known writer of tall tales is continuing to troll the site. This person has more than one alter ego and wastes others time and energy with his/her weird stuff.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    avogadro wrote: »
    So what actually ARE the rules on here for having more than one account, either running concurrently, or re-registering with new user-names?

(Question not directed at suki, but just generally wondering, because it appears to happen many times on this site, particularly on the non-money saving boards.)

MSE tend to turn a blind eye to multiple accounts unless you were banned on an account. Lots of people have two accounts, esp if they have been here a long time, give away a lot about themselves , then wish to post a sensitive issue and don't want to be identified. Which I guess we can all understand.

Bluelass is in a league of her own. Two completely different posting styles, on this board, it's all mad relatives and dodgey pub goers, elsewhere it's quite sensible posts, the sort you expect on a MSE site

Just before Bluelass stopped posting, after some really weird posts and outrageous stories, she posted that her account had been hacked and non of it had anything to do with her. Then we heard no more, until the arrival of BathCube, who comes along with the exact same charecters , just rejigged.

I personally don't care if it's a troll as I find the posts and replies hilarious. What is upsetting is those that don't know the history and get sucked in and spend a lot of time offering advice and support, and sometimes getting into disagreements with other posters. That then becomes disruptive and causes bad feeling on the board :(

Unfortunately this poster isn't the only one who does it, there's been a long line of them. Usually easy to spot when you have been here a long time. I personally just ignore their threads now and just see them for entertainment
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I meant to post as concerned about aquatainces behaviour. And no this isn't a trolling post I am very worried. The local police contacted me yesterday morning. They said the man has been told not to contact myself or my OH by any means of communication at all. He was told if he does then they will involve the CPS and he could get locked up. This afternoon whilst we were out in a shopping mall my OH heard his phone whistle. He waited until we got out of the mall and looked at his phone. The man has sent him a text which says cheers for the memory of and I'm sorry for this on here, he put cheers for dry buxxxxx me in your bathroom whilst your wife was at work 3 months ago. We are both very angry and upset and we will have to go back to the police and let them know he still continues with his unwanted contact. This bloke obviously wants to cause big trouble between us for some reason. I'm really worrying if he might try to hurt one or both of us. I know my husband has not had any sexual connection or anything dodgy with this man. This is someone who is gay and jealous that he couldn't turn a straight man whom he has a unrequited thing with.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A random bloke down the pub isn't an acquaintance either.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    I meant to post as concerned about aquatainces behaviour. And no this isn't a trolling post I am very worried. The local police contacted me yesterday morning. They said the man has been told not to contact myself or my OH by any means of communication at all. He was told if he does then they will involve the CPS and he could get locked up. This afternoon whilst we were out in a shopping mall my OH heard his phone whistle. He waited until we got out of the mall and looked at his phone. The man has sent him a text which says cheers for the memory of and I'm sorry for this on here, he put cheers for dry buxxxxx me in your bathroom whilst your wife was at work 3 months ago. We are both very angry and upset and we will have to go back to the police and let them know he still continues with his unwanted contact. This bloke obviously wants to cause big trouble between us for some reason. I'm really worrying if he might try to hurt one or both of us. I know my husband has not had any sexual connection or anything dodgy with this man. This is someone who is gay and jealous that he couldn't turn a straight man whom he has a unrequited thing with.
    Bath cube
    I'm not sure what you're expecting to get out of posting on here.
    You don't appear to be asking for advice in the above post, just posting an update.
    Do what you feel you have to do.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bath_cube wrote: »

You need to reread your posts or have a better memory, dear.

In post #48, you said the guy came knocking at the doors in your street asking which is your house. :cool:
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • chou-chou
    chou-chou Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    You need to reread your posts or have a better memory, dear.

In post #48, you said the guy came knocking at the doors in your street asking which is your house. :cool:

Not that I really want to lend any credibility to the OP but they actually said:

"He said a man knocked on a few doors on the road including his and asked when my OH usually gets home"

So, not actually asking where they lived, just when they would be home.

I quite like the random nonsense posters - makes for fun reading!
  • Yellow_petal
    Options
    Have you had any more trouble OP, or has it gone quiet? I hope the latter as I know first hand how it feels to have drama on your doorstep :(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you had any more trouble OP, or has it gone quiet? I hope the latter as I know first hand how it feels to have drama on your doorstep :(

you forgot to say...."that you both made up".;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure