NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    luckbox wrote: »
    I’ve met all 3 of the criteria now, but still need a card reader to get my 1.5k out. Can’t even transfer £5 to a switched payee without one.

Of all the switches I have done over the years, I think NatWest stands out as the one that requires the most work, more so given that the criteria for the £125 is easily met with no DD’s involved.

Still, won’t turn it down and will stay with them until another bonus becomes available.

Do you have a card reader from elsewhere?
    I ordered mine on Saturday but no sign of it yet....... however, the Nationwide one worked fine yesterday.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    There was a lot of messing about before I managed to open the account with different pieces of information arriving at different times and not necessarily in the correct order! However, since I managed to open the account everything seems to have worked well. The switch was completed successfully from a BOS Account which had £5007 in it. I immediately enabled my Nationwide card reader and transferred a payment to my Santander account. I deleted a couple of Tesco DD's that had come across and the next day I transferred more money to my Santander account for which I didn't need the card reader as I had set the details up when I transferred the first payment.
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Great news! Today when I called, they were willing to give me my account number. So I can register for online banking. Yay!

Screenshot_2018_02_01_14_19_35.png

Oh.
  • pmatt_2
    Options
    Oh, and PS

Screenshot_2018_02_01_14_25_24.png

Yeah. NatWest is a great bank.
  • Katiehound
    Options
    pmatt wrote: »

Screenshot_2018_02_01_14_19_35.png

Oh.
    Oh look, you might have a relationship manager- that must be exciting!

They just want you to earn your welcome bonus!!
    :whistle:

and it's not me blocking their phone line- I'm too busy muttering at Saga savings! (all thanks to Mr T withdrawing the DDs!!)
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 February 2018 at 3:45PM
    Options
    Oh, and PS

Screenshot_2018_02_01_14_25_24.png

Yeah. NatWest is a great bank.
    It was fine before their account opening and customer services were flooded with thousands of new customers chasing their quick £125.

PS: It wasn’t really fine but probably slightly better than it is now. :)
  • pmatt_2
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Oh look, you might have a relationship manager- that must be exciting!

They just want you to earn your welcome bonus!!
    :whistle:

and it's not me blocking their phone line- I'm too busy muttering at Saga savings! (all thanks to Mr T withdrawing the DDs!!)

I did tell them I was single when I applied. Will the relationship manager find me a boyfriend? And I get the £125 on top of that? Wow. That’s a great bank.
  • Katiehound
    Options
    I did tell them I was single when I applied. Will the relationship manager find me a boyfriend? And I get the £125 on top of that? Wow. That’s a great bank.

I like it, I like it!! :j
    What more do you want??
    That has brightened my day! (it's dark, cold and pouring with rain here!)
    :laugh:
    Many thanks

• tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2018 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Full t & c here: https://beta.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/Switching_Offer_Terms_2018.pdf.

My understanding is that it is limited to one incentive per customer - so you can't get it twice by (say) switching a joint account and a sole account

Have spoken to the switching team and they say the switch was rejected by Nationwide as the joint name was different, (my ex wife but thought I would try) so account opened in Joint names but no switch incentive.

If I applied for a joint account and the switch failed to complete due to wrong doner name, as it was in the wrong name and the birth date was wrong, can I apply in my own right for another account single account in my name only?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And I get the £125 on top of that? Wow. That’s a great bank.

You are having a difficult time of it.

It is possible that there is a glitch with their system.

Try again?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport