First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My card reader has turned up.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pmatt wrote: »
    I already tried that, but it wouldn't allow me to register because they think I'm a drug dealer. Until they've completed their additional checks, it's no dice for me.

Oh dear, sounds like you've fallen in a wormhole.

Erm, if you think that additional checks are unreasonable, creating an unneccessary delay etc I would complain.It does rather depend on your personal circumstances ........
    It means that you certainly can't order the card reader either- they don't have them in branch! and I don't know how long those things take.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Oh dear, sounds like you've fallen in a wormhole.

Erm, if you think that additional checks are unreasonable, creating an unneccessary delay etc I would complain.It does rather depend on your personal circumstances ........
    It means that you certainly can't order the card reader either- they don't have them in branch! and I don't know how long those things take.....

I'm just going to have to be patient. The £1,500 doesn't have to be paid in till March sometime, I think, and you don't get the £125 till April. So no rush.

The whole thing has made me less guilty that I'm ripping them off. And I certainly won't be staying with them after a start like this.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    and you don't get the £125 till April. So no rush.

Not strictly correct. The specific term states:

If you meet the eligibility criteria for this offer, we’ll pay £125 into your eligible account by 13 April 2018 

Therefore you could get the £125 at anytime between now and 13 April.

This thread has become far too long. There really is no need to tell us when your individual codes, readers, et al have arrived.
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    This thread has become far too long. There really is no need to tell us when your individual codes, readers, et al have arrived.

Ugh. Do you really need to tell people off? Couldn't you just go read another thread? You might find these updates boring, other people might not. It's human nature to want to share, and the contributors to this thread have a frustrating journey in common. Some may get hope if they hear that others are finally making progress. And I've certainly picked up some useful tips from this thread.
  • Katiehound
    Options

Is there a problem?
    It just proves how some folk have walked in , got it all done and dusted in 7 days, and for others it has taken weeks.
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Options
    I'm just going to have to be patient. The £1,500 doesn't have to be paid in till March sometime, I think, and you don't get the £125 till April. So no rush.
    When does the deal end? Is it mid March?
    Many thanks

• Steve_xx
    Options
    Ugh. Do you really need to tell people off? Couldn't you just go read another thread? You might find these updates boring, other people might not. It's human nature to want to share, and the contributors to this thread have a frustrating journey in common. Some may get hope if they hear that others are finally making progress. And I've certainly picked up some useful tips from this thread.

Yes, but at 955 posts long it is exceedingly hard to pick through the dross in order to glean the information that's of any use. I'm interested in this thread, but I'm not interested to learn when each applicant receives each component of their logon detail. There is an email component there for people who want to message each other about trivia.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 February 2018 at 5:18PM
    Options
    Yes, but at 955 posts long it is exceedingly hard to pick through the dross in order to glean the information that's of any use. I'm interested in this thread, but I'm not interested to learn when each applicant receives each component of their logon detail. There is an email component there for people who want to message each other about trivia.

The nature of forums is that everyone is different, to you its trivia to others its not, for example some may find it useful as an approximate timescale when they would be likely to receive something vs should they start chasing yet. Its the nature of threads like this, you will see similar on other switch incentive offers, such as the yorkshire bank one, which is also over 1000 posts. rather than telling other users not to post such things maybe better for you to filter through them or ignore the thread if it frustrates you that much rather than trying to police what people can and cannot post.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • Steve_xx
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    to you its trivia to others its not, for example some may find it useful as an approximate timescale when they would be likely to receive something vs should they start chasing yet.

Appreciate that. But in 960 posts it's been exhausted. And because of the fact that there are 960 posts, it's a mammoth task for anyone to glean that information easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure