Options

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Yes that is OK
  • Gazza9999
    Options
    If you do not meet the minimum pay in, (I'm 100 short, but get a pay rise in 3 months). Am I able to have my mother transfer extra in on payday, before I send it back the next day?

(This is actually for the HSBC 200 switch, but I can't seem to make a new thread!)

Thanks

You will be fine.

I am a newbie like you and you won't be able to create new thread until you make a few posts. Bit silly really.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My Nat West switch is all sorted.

I requested the matured funds from my Virgin Branch account to be sent to my Nat West account, then using my Nationwide card reader (still waiting for the Nat West one), transferred £10 to my main bank, followed by £3000. Both payments went through immediately.

Just a wait now for my £125.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you do not meet the minimum pay in, (I'm 100 short, but get a pay rise in 3 months). Am I able to have my mother transfer extra in on payday, before I send it back the next day?

(This is actually for the HSBC 200 switch, but I can't seem to make a new thread!)

Thanks

You don't need to borrow: Pay in £1k - withdraw to another on-line bank and then transfer it back again = you've deposited £2000.

Or dep £1500, withdraw £250 to yr other on-line bank and transfer it back in again = £1750;

Or do it 4 times with £500..still equals £2k deposited.

Nothing says it must be your salary, or that it has to be a single deposit.

Note however, if you're applying for the HSBC account you could possibly be declined on a low salary.

PS I can't remember is HSBC £1750 pm? but you get the drift...
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    PS I can't remember is HSBC £1750 pm? but you get the drift...
    HSBC Advanced account requirement is £1750.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    I ordered Monday week ago (22/1) and ours only arrived yesterday.
    OK, thanks.

I've actually got an old RBS card reader and from what I have read here I could probably use that if I need to in the meantime.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Ordered my card reader last Saturday and it turned up today.
    You don't have one from another bank, do you? By now it would allow you to use that......(I think!!)
    Sorry, posted above before I read your reply. :D
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • CRAIGSVILLE
    Options
    Hi,

Anyone done a switch from an RBS current account for the £125 incentive ?
    I cant see anything except its not available to RBS employees

Thanks
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone done a switch from an RBS current account for the £125 incentive ?
    I cant see anything except its not available to RBS employees
    I seem to remember someone posting they were doing that. But I'm not prepared to go back through nearly 1,000 posts to find the one. How badly do you want to know? ;)
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Think i may be a bit paranoid about uploading my passport details/photo for Id with nat west digi check, will it be stored or deleted after checking? driving licence not a option.
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport