NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• sheffieldeagle
    Options
    Don't worry there are lots of automatic texts and e-mails that don't always relate directly to your application. You just need to understand this and be patient.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bioboybill wrote: »
    Small update. Just got email and text asking me to upload ID even though I'd done the checks online yesterday and the switch had supposedly started with completion for 6th Feb. Uploaded that and electronically signed for account. Will see what happens next. Never had to do that for an account before!
    This does seem to be something of a scatter-brained process. Oh what fun it will be if/when we actually try using the account for ... um ... er ... banking.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Oh dear, you've clearly forgotten my advice

"Keep repeating this mantra

Free £125 ohhhmmm Free £125 ohhhmmm Free £125 ohhhmmm

and breathe" :rotfl:

Erm... yes
    Certainly not holding my breath!

Shame you can't actually pick up a card reader in branch- that would be too flipping easy! and yes, I asked!

Almost 3 weeks now since applying, am I getting impatient ?
    Maybe
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    bioboybill wrote: »
    Small update. Just got email and text asking me to upload ID even though I'd done the checks online yesterday and the switch had supposedly started with completion for 6th Feb. Uploaded that and electronically signed for account. Will see what happens next. Never had to do that for an account before!

Moan, complain and ask for compensation.
  • CompletelyLost
    Options
    Hello... apologise if this has been asked :/

But I received documents in the post for this one, asking me to go to my "local" branch which is stated. However can I go to any branch or just the one stated, as the one they've suggested isn't as local or easy for me to get to iyswim!
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My relative says that he has been told that his account is open and that his switch has started - he even has a debit card......but still doesn't know his account number - the promised activation code and an e-mail with further details about operating his account have yet to arrive....he's possessing his soul in patience!
  • Mchambers
    Options
    Hello... apologise if this has been asked :/

But I received documents in the post for this one, asking me to go to my "local" branch which is stated. However can I go to any branch or just the one stated, as the one they've suggested isn't as local or easy for me to get to iyswim!

Any branch will do. Just take along your documents and/or your application reference number with you.
  • Mchambers
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    My relative says that he has been told that his account is open and that his switch has started - he even has a debit card......but still doesn't know his account number - the promised activation code and an e-mail with further details about operating his account have yet to arrive....he's possessing his soul in patience!

Phone and ask for account number, activation code and card reader. They will advise you.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »

If you are in possession of the Customer ID and Activation Code, then you have the ability to register for online banking with just those two items. Once registered for online banking, using those two items, your account number and sort code are revealed as you are logged on to the account.

Once logged on, you need to request the card reader (online) to enable you to setup payees to move money out of the account.
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am looking forward to closing the accounts once money received, have switched many times but NatWest seems to be archaic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure