NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    They have asked me to print out a document/form as well,i have downloaded it and will send it back with my signature. Its a very simple form.

I could also i suppose drop if off at the local branch i have chosen

I wouldn't recommend taking it into the branch for 3 reasons:
    1.you will need to prove who you are- even if you have done so online.
    2.They may then open the account in branch- you will then lose the £125
    3.it will delay matters.

Been there, done that, almost bought the tee shirt!! Going into branch might be a very big red herring....or maybe they have solved the problems with this scenario that existed 3 weeks ago??
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Shashy wrote: »
    Am I going to need a card reader to get my £1,500 out of the account.....?

Almost certainly- yes.
    Your activation code / debit card will allow you to the first level of security.
    To set up payees (and extract your money) you will need to get to the next level that's where card reader is needed..
    Order one from the 'security' box on the L

If you have already got a card reader from another bank you can use that- but leave a few days to allow for theoretical delivery!. It seems to take a least one week to arrive otherwise (some have reported a good deal longer!!)
    If you have a Nationwide near you maybe pick one up there??
    Not available from NatWest branches!
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Options
    barnesy99 wrote: »
    Made an application to open a NatWest account to take advantage of the £125. Have had a successful application but at no point did it ask me about the account I wanted to switch, despite choosing the option to switch at the beginning.

Did anyone else experience this? The NatWest account is now opened but obviously I won't get the bonus as it didn't ask about the switch during the application.
    Phone up now and give them the details.
    I applied at the start of the process but you can't switch anyway until you have opened a new account
    Many thanks

• Katiehound
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    I'd love to meet the manager responsible for this set up.

In true RBS tradition he (I doubt it was a lady!!) probably received a grand financial handshake for the perfect (ummm) logical application process!
    Many thanks

• wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Having uploaded all both my drivers licence and passport scans twice, with no sense of what was wrong with them the first time, I was ready to call them this morning and try and sort it out.

But then I got an email saying it has gone through. I also got some post from them, with a form to sign and return. This has reference numbers and details that they were asking if I had when I called the first time so would've been a very handy letter to have had at the start of the week.

I'm not sure what is going on with the ID uploads - but they seem to have accepted my scans the second time.

If they are going to post out things to sign and offer some online uploading too, then they really need to either send the post out much faster, or hold back on sending emails until the post has arrived.

My suggestion would be to offer the option of either doing it all online or all via post or all in branch - mixing these up just creates a lot of confusion for customers and I'm sure the people who work there...
  • Katiehound
    Options

My suggestion would be to offer the option of either doing it all online or all via post or all in branch - mixing these up just creates a lot of confusion for customers and I'm sure the people who work there...

for this promo all in branch would mean you miss £125 handout
    You have to go online as part of the deal.
    You have to go online to order the card reader and it has to come in the post!

Yes, NatWest have created loads of confusion, not helped by some of the documentation they've sent out with out of date telephone opening hours and the like.
    However it does appear that those folk who have dealt almost exclusively online/ mobile have had a quicker experience.(The red carpet treatment)

My suggestion is to take the money (they owed me some anyway! I have a long memory!) and don't linger too long in their clutches afterwards!
    Many thanks

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Switch from YBS went through today, not sure if my two small value Mr T savings DDs have been transferred or not as nothing showing on the Natwest account, although I think they won't show until they are paid the first time.

Just the other YBS waiting now to switch on Monday to a Nationwide FD, for the recommend a friend £200 and that will be us done switching for a while as we have run out of banks. Lol.

Still a cool £825 between us in the first 4 months of the year is very welcome...
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My account is up and running, has been for a few weeks now, (was one who had no hassle), money transfers in and out including the £1500.00, but the one thing I have not done is to supply a signature, I was told over the phone that I did not need this as my account was up and running, but in the account Mailbox there is a Customer Signature Form that requests it :-

"Customer Signature Form

As part of opening your account, we need a copy of your signature for our records.

Without your signature we won't be able to make certain transactions you may have asked us for, such as standing orders or Direct Debits.

If you've asked for a chequebook, we can't send this to you until you've signed and returned this form.

Please complete the form (usingblack/blueinkonly) and send it back to us at the following address

Chatham Maritime
    Chatham
    Kent
    ME44RT
    "

They have opened the account and I have not requested a cheque book or set up any DD's.

I have told them I don't have a printer and that on a previous phone call I was told the would send me out a paper form, but this person, after speaking with colleagues, said they had no facility to send out a paper form, (contrary to some on this forum). If I do not supply a signature could this mean they could use this as an excuse not to pay the £125.00 incentive?

I could if necessary get to a branch next week and sign in person.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Katiehound
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    I was told over the phone that I did not need this as my account was up and running, but in the account Mailbox there is a Customer Signature Form that requests it :-

"Customer Signature Form

As part of opening your account, we need a copy of your signature for our records.

Without your signature we won't be able to make certain transactions you may have asked us for, such as standing orders or Direct Debits.

If you've asked for a chequebook, we can't send this to you until you've signed and returned this form.

Please complete the form (usingblack/blueinkonly) and send it back to us at the following address

Chatham Maritime
    Chatham
    Kent
    ME44RT
    "

They have opened the account and I have not requested a cheque book or set up any DD's.

I have told them I don't have a printer and that on a previous phone call I was told the would send me out a paper form, but this person, after speaking with colleagues, said they had no facility to send out a paper form, (contrary to some on this forum). If I do not supply a signature could this mean they could use this as an excuse not to pay the £125.00 incentive?

I could if necessary get to a branch next week and sign in person.
    Have you switched as well? Hope so.

That's flipping ridiculous. I was sent a signature form to sign and return in the first week together with a reply paid envelope and aload of leaflets
    It wouldn't surprise me if they were making up the rules as they go along!! I would just phone up and say you are still waiting for the signature form to be sent to you,as promised- it hasn't arrived yet.
    Many thanks

• wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    for this promo all in branch would mean you miss £125 handout
    You have to go online as part of the deal.
    You have to go online to order the card reader and it has to come in the post!

Yes, NatWest have created loads of confusion, not helped by some of the documentation they've sent out with out of date telephone opening hours and the like.
    However it does appear that those folk who have dealt almost exclusively online/ mobile have had a quicker experience.(The red carpet treatment)

My suggestion is to take the money (they owed me some anyway! I have a long memory!) and don't linger too long in their clutches afterwards!

I dealt exclusively online and it has been a complete mess. I had no choice but to call them to sort out, and they didn't know for sure what the problem was and even suggested going in to a branch.

Have people really done it exclusively online? So without getting anything in the post to sign? I didn't ask to be sent any paperwork in the post, it has just arrived after doing the application and ID submitting all online.

I'm not saying doing it in branch will currently work for this deal. But that the different ways of doing it shouldn't be mixed up. If you start the application online then it should remain that way, them offering or telling customers to go into a branch or call this number or sign this form sent in the post shouldn't be possible - if it's started online, it should all be done online.

It seems to be working now though....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport