NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Account now open and able to login online, ordered a card reader and need to send back paper signature.
    :T
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 February 2018 at 10:36PM
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Having now spoken to someone about the ludicrous photo ID issue it turns out that they are only interested in getting a copy of my signature, so the form I have already signed for them is enough and they don't actually need my photo ID despite asking for it and rejecting it for no good reason!

Hello left hand, let me introduce you to the right hand!

They have asked me to print out a document/form as well,i have downloaded it and will send it back with my signature. Its a very simple form.

I could also i suppose drop if off at the local branch i have chosen
    :T
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    They have asked me to print out a document/form as well,i have downloaded it and will send it back with my signature. Its a very simple form.

I could also i suppose drop if off at the local branch i have chosen

No mention of downloading a form when I spoke to them. They told me it was in the post and I would receive it by the end of the week. I'd already received it and returned it following my call to them the previous day asking what on earth was going on with duplicate requests etc.

I'd love to meet the manager responsible for this set up.
  • barnesy99
    Options
    Made an application to open a NatWest account to take advantage of the £125. Have had a successful application but at no point did it ask me about the account I wanted to switch, despite choosing the option to switch at the beginning.

Did anyone else experience this? The NatWest account is now opened but obviously I won't get the bonus as it didn't ask about the switch during the application.
  • Frank121
    Frank121 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    barnesy99 wrote: »
    Made an application to open a NatWest account to take advantage of the £125. Have had a successful application but at no point did it ask me about the account I wanted to switch, despite choosing the option to switch at the beginning.

Did anyone else experience this? The NatWest account is now opened but obviously I won't get the bonus as it didn't ask about the switch during the application.

There was another switch box that needed to be ticked during the actual aplication, perhaps you missed it? In any case all is not lost, existing customers can make the switch here:

https://www.natwest.com/apps/secure/applicationforms_dda/asp/form.asp?appid=896&CCF=Y
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hazzanet wrote: »
    They accepted a scan from me... :dance:

From me also... eventually.

I took 2 scans, one at 150 dpi and one at 300 dpi. The 300 dpi one was not accepted.

The following day I got the email rejecting the scan.

I tried with both 150 + 300 dpi but neither would go through. Although not cropped, I was only scanning in the relevant page. I then scanned including the text page and a bit of blank backgroud around the passport. The 300 dpi was rejected but the 150 dpi was OK and subsequently the a/c got opened.

Maybe the lower resolution scan looked more like a crappy mobile phone photo?
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Am I going to need a card reader to get my £1,500 out of the account.....?
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    barnesy99 wrote: »

The bonus is payable to existing customers...

I didn't have the debit cards for the donor a/cs so elected to start the switch after opening the NatWest a/cs. Just follow their 'existing customer' link on their switching page to do the switch & qualify for the bonus.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Not so sure everyone who switches has dd or so's setup, some say they are using old accounts hardly used in these bank witches.

I didn't suggest that everyone has DDs or SOs set up.

I've done many switches over recent years, but like most regular posters on here, always make sure that the account to be switched has something on or in it!
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I didn't suggest that everyone has DDs or SOs set up.

I've done many switches over recent years, but like most regular posters on here, always make sure that the account to be switched has something on or in it!
    I switched to Yorkshire from a very old account that I had with Intelligent Finance which I had run down a long time ago. It had no money in it, no DDs and no SOs but was accepted without any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure