NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    .I have recieved my debit card today, 2 days after my online application was accepted.
    Never had a debit card with no account number on it before,it just has the sort code and the 16 long number.

Oh good, yet another weird quirk of NatWest! :( Why, after all, would I want easy access to my account number? :think:
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    .I have recieved my debit card today, 2 days after my online application was accepted.
    Never had a debit card with no account number on it before,it just has the sort code and the 16 long number.
    Yes, that's how they come!
    If you want to know your account number (and don't already) they should be able to tell you over the phone if you have all the other parts of the puzzle! ie application number etc
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Oh good, yet another weird quirk of NatWest! :( Why, after all, would I want easy access to my account number? :think:

Oh, it's a security thing! It's so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!:rotfl:
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have people really done it exclusively online? So without getting anything in the post to sign? I didn't ask to be sent any paperwork in the post, it has just arrived after doing the application and ID submitting all online.

Mine wasn't exclusively online as I too had to complete and return the signature specimen form to Chatham. But even that posed no issues on my account opening/switch, it's all gone like a dream.
  • Curls2208
    Options
    Does anyone know if you need to be registered for online banking for this? I thought I was as I have the App and it works fine. But apparently I'm not 'activated' and need the activation code. Thing is, I'm not in the country for the next few months so can't check my post.

I do however have £1500 in the account and the Mobile banking app. Recon that'll be enough?
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Curls2208 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need to be registered for online banking for this? I thought I was as I have the App and it works fine. But apparently I'm not 'activated' and need the activation code. Thing is, I'm not in the country for the next few months so can't check my post.

I do however have £1500 in the account and the Mobile banking app. Recon that'll be enough?
    The terms say you have to login to online or mobile banking. As you have logged in to mobile banking you have met the terms IMHO.
  • magicarpet
    magicarpet Posts: 7 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 February 2018 at 11:44PM
    Options
    I was tempted by this offer but a friend of mine who is a veteran moneysaver had difficulties. Used the switching service to open new account, then checked the account was working by transferring £1 in and then back out. Then deposited £1500 as required to get the incentive, but couldn't withdraw the money. They have since closed the account without explanation and now he can't get his money out! Anyone else had this experience when transferring money in and out quickly?
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Oh, it's a security thing! It's so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!:rotfl:

:rotfl:

Thank God they thought of that! I'm converted to the NatWest way of thinking; I can't believe I have been so foolish all these years. How on earth do all the other banks survive without such clever security solutions? ;)
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    Mine wasn't exclusively online as I too had to complete and return the signature specimen form to Chatham. But even that posed no issues on my account opening/switch, it's all gone like a dream.

Perhaps it has been a dream and you will wake up tomorrow to find that you've got to deal with all of their incompetence too. ;)

Seriously, I'm glad it has been painless for you. What a shame they can't manage that for everyone.
  • Katiehound
    Options
    magicarpet wrote: »
    I was tempted by this offer but a friend of mine who is a veteran moneysaver had difficulties. Used the switching service to open new account, then checked the account was working by transferring £1 in and then back out. Then deposited £1500 as required to get the incentive, but couldn't withdraw the money. They have since closed the account without explanation and now he can't get his money out! Anyone else had this experience when transferring money in and out quickly?

I seem to remember on this thread- but pages and pages back- that folk had money blocked by the fraud department and to release it they had to contact that dept.
    No one has mentioned an account being closed- (with or without money in it)
    I assume your friend was on the phone asap?
    Fraud dept: 0800 1615154- certainly suspicious if money blocked in a closed account!
    Customer helpline: 0345 3030 299 Open: M-F8-8, Sat 9-4

Once you have a card reader there isn't a problem transferring money- well not in my experience.
    I have a decent balance in the account (at the moment) so not moving money and leaving £1 behind.
    HTH
    Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure