Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

What are you making for dinner? - Page 430

New Post Advanced Search

What are you making for dinner?

7.4K replies 469.8K views

Replies

• building_with_legobuilding_with_lego Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impossible quiche for me, pork pie for him, plus coleslaw/ potato salad/ tomatoes etc.

The quiche, which I cooked yesterday, collapsed, so is somewhat sturdy in texture, but I'll eat it to save waste- tastes good enough- and it saves me from having to think of anything else to eat!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • Pixie_FairydustPixie_Fairydust Forumite
    322 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    C_J wrote: »
    Beetroot penne pasta (from the OS recipe index) for us tonight.

Could someone do a link for the OS recipe index. Thanks. Sorry if it’s really obvious and I’ve missed it!
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Thank you all for the kind words - things not getting much better as just heard it's not looking positive for another family member either. :( Honestly, if a bloke down the pub told you our story this year you wouldn't believe

Hope things improve for you!

Veggie burger in a bun with salad tonight. Quick & easy as feeling shattered!

Have a good evening
    Pix :hello:
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Sept - £122.02/£200 😱
    #206 - PAYDTBX20 - £0/£10000
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could someone do a link for the OS recipe index. Thanks. Sorry if it’s really obvious and I’ve missed it!

Hope things improve for you!

Veggie burger in a bun with salad tonight. Quick & easy as feeling shattered!

Have a good evening
    Pix :hello:

Here is a link to the recipe index , you may wish to browse, it's on the first page from post number 4 onwards

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6015521

And a link to the recipe

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67561533&postcount=1244
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

It’s MIL day today and it’s HOT, I am keeping it very simple today, cheese omelette with salad, HM Pavlova for pud, with HM Lemon Curd and Raspberries from the garden
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Hi all,

It’s MIL day today and it’s HOT, I am keeping it very simple today, cheese omelette with salad, HM Pavlova for pud, with HM Lemon Curd and Raspberries from the garden

I'm in the SE but no sign of this heatwave so far - Sat is supposed to be hot for us but that seems about it...still quite happy not to have temps of 40 degrees like they do on the continent atm
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Jazee wrote: »
    We'll be having the burgers we didn't eat last night.

Spaghetti Bolognaise - hopefully with garlic bread
  • allie23allie23 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning folks
    Today's dinner will be chicken rogan josh for OH and HM burger with salad for me.

If I have time I am going to make a Terry's Choc orange cheesecake for pudding.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2020
    Save £12k in 2020 - Challenger No 4 - £24,4516/£35,000
    July Grocery Challenge £151.63/£200
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I'm in the SE but no sign of this heatwave so far - Sat is supposed to be hot for us but that seems about it...still quite happy not to have temps of 40 degrees like they do on the continent atm

Sending the sun your way :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • klew356klew356 Forumite
    835 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    its hot hot hot here, had a little jack pot for lunch with a bit of LO salad and chicken, going to see Aladdin tonight ha so I’m not sure when I will get fed as I have some builders coming to do quotes after work – iv bought a bag of chocolate for the cinema regretting that now as will be a melted mess I should imagine by now in the car haha
  • Sort of veggie pie with l/o from a carvery yesterday. Will add some curry powder I think and egg to bind it. Picked some of my salad leaves to be healthy.