PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tonight DH is having steak with all the trimmings, and I'm having a jacket potato with prawn mayo and some salad (as the sun is out for the third day in a row).
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We are having the mushroom risotto that was planned for Thursday.

Also making Creme caramel for tomorrow's pud, MIL coming round and she does like a pud :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • dangerbadger
    dangerbadger Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 April 2018 at 11:42AM
    Options
    There's a butter bean stew bubbling away in the slow cooker for our tea tonight. It's got all the veg from the fridge that was starting to go bendy, a can of butter beans, a can of chopped tomatoes and a packet of sausage casserole seasoning. It might turn out to be lovely, it might be hideous, but it'll get eaten either way.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We are attending the opera tonight, so Mr LW is making our main meal of the day as I type (he volunteered so that I can retain more "spoons" to be able to enjoy the performance).
    He's making omelette with cheese, onion, tomatoes, peas and diced Qu0rn slices in; this is his specialty. ;)
    For dessert, we'll have a helping of the apple'n'cinnamon crumble I made yesterday.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am in the middle of making a spinach, cheese and parsley flan which has a grated sweet potato and cheese crust instead of pastry (recipe courtesy of the recent edition of the National Trust magazine). This will be served with salad and homemade coleslaw, and a small baked potato each.

Lemon cheesecake for pud.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I bought a thin crust Margherita pizza for 50p.
    I've added 2 balls of mozzarella (sliced) at 30p each, oregano, red, green & yellow peppers, red onion, sliced mushrooms and pepperoni.
    Will add black olives.

Who needs Domino's? :D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rump steak, peppercorn sauce, flat mushroom, tomato, onion and potato slices
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Had a day tryin to bring some order to the spare room, finally emptied the last box from when we moved...nearly two years ago!

Some stuff cleared out of the garage to go to the tip tomorrow too.

OH made spicy pasta while I mowed the lawn.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 April 2018 at 11:41PM
    Options
    I had an online shopping delivery as I was going through the check out I was offered a flash sale 50% off tandoori chicken, aloo potatoes and salad. A meal in a bag with all the ingredients. It isn't something I would normally buy, but thought at £6.25 it was worth a try. When I came to cook it I felt a little robbed even at half price. There were four small boned chicken thighs, 250g of small potatoes, a lemon, a very small bag of spinach, a tomato, a red onion, a small pot of plain yogurt, a small tub containing 2 tsps of tandoori spice (dry) some aloo paste and a small tub of mint sauce.
    It was easy to put together,half tub of yogurt, half the lemon and tandoori with the chicken. Potatoes, half the onion, and the aloo paste. These were baked in the oven and the spinach added for the last few minutes. Rest of the onion went with the tomato to make a salad. The mint sauce mixed with remaining yogurt to make a raita.
    I made some paneer kebabs, we had some Indian snacks and poppadoms with it.
    It all tasted nice, but couldn't help but think that it was an expensive way for convenience.
    I would really like to be able to recreate the aloo paste as I would really like to make those potatoes again, but won't be buying a meal kit again.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I will shortly be putting a beef joint in the slow cooker, but DH doesn't fancy a roast today now, so will probably be used for curry, stew, dogs, whatever. So no idea what we'll be eating tonight.
    Spend less now, work less later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure