edited 8 January 2018 at 9:50PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
302 replies 20.2K views

Replies

• markudmanmarkudman Forumite
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I am trying to reply to a post and I keep getting this error:
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Its 35 words?
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    QUOTE=D_P_Dance; 75629219]You can take them to court
    This is my plan, They have given me around 40 tickets on the highway,

Advise please, should I do a few tickets first, like a test case, or do them all at the same time,

I want to hurt them, (so do lots of others on my estate)
    The reason for my thinking, The max I can get from them in court is £5,000, but if I do lots I can get lots of £5,000.

This is not about me getting rich, or greedy, but about hurting them, I would like to see them on cant pay we'll take it away.
    Plus the money can go into a pot to help others fight them.

Complain to your MP. On 18th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

My MP is, I cannot find words for him, useless is just not strong enough, They told me that this bill would never make law, I had great pleasure in tell him he was wrong when it passed.

In fact if the MP is not interested who is there boss, or who do you complain to?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/QUOTE]
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    I am trying to reply to a post and I keep getting this error:
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Its 35 words?

If you are using a quote box, to quote the post to which you are responding (like above), make sure you type your response outside of the quote box.

If you inadvertently type within the quote box, your new text does not count at all towards the minimum character count.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact if the MP is not interested who is there boss, or who do you complain to?

You are. There is no-one to whom you can complain, but you can vote for someone else at the next election and/or try to get them thrown own, but you will need the support of 10,000 more constituents.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. It takes little bit of work but it is easy to:
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    If you are using a quote box, to quote the post to which you are responding (like above), make sure you type your response outside of the quote box.
    break up the quoted post
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    If you inadvertently type within the quote box, your new text does not count at all towards the minimum character count.
    so you can respond to sections of it.

Simply ensure you have the QUOTE= bit at the start of what you want to quote and respond to, and the /QUOTE bit at the end (not forgetting the [ ] parts); repeat as needed. It's simply a bit of copy-paste. :)
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I got a letter from PCM today, interesting reading,

after a exhaustive investigation , consisting of re-reviewing the evidence/ information held, seeking further advise and consultation with additional resources, it appears that some of the parking charge notices pertaining to yourself have been issued incorrectly.

But failed to tell me what tickets, how many, or any further information,
    I think they are running scared,
    Got Court on Monday for two of my wife's tickets, can not, they were ordered by the judge to correct the name to my wife's this has not been done, also they were ordered to provide more detailed evidents, again not been done, unless you call a dot on a map, and a picture of the windscreen more.
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I first posted on here just over a year ago, and the help is unbelievable,
    I was worried at first, but now i have the upper hand, due to all the advise from some very on the ball people.
    if I have any advise for anyone going though fake tickets, research and research some more, read the newbies tread, and then read it again, then ask questions.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    I got a letter from PCM today, interesting reading,

after a exhaustive investigation , consisting of re-reviewing the evidence/ information held, seeking further advise and consultation with additional resources, it appears that some of the parking charge notices pertaining to yourself have been issued incorrectly.

But failed to tell me what tickets, how many, or any further information,
    I think they are running scared,
    Got Court on Monday for two of my wife's tickets, can not, they were ordered by the judge to correct the name to my wife's this has not been done, also they were ordered to provide more detailed evidence, again not been done, unless you call a dot on a map, and a picture of the windscreen more.

I hope you are going to ask for the claims to be struck out due to the Claimant's abject failure to evidence the PCNs, their written admission (take that email/letter with you!) that some PCNs were wrongly issued (but they didn't bother to list which ones) and their disregard for the order of the court, to correct the name to your wife.

State that this has gone on long enough and wasted more than enough of your time and the court's - and then ask for your costs on the indemnity basis.

Take a wage slip as proof of loss of leave/salary, and claim for any other hearing you attended along the way, and take a COSTS SCHEDULE that you should email this weekend (SUNDAY) to PCM (so they can't say they never saw it).

List something like 20 hours of research at £19 per hour (LiP rate) and go into detail about every Act you had to read, every pile of paperwork you spent time on, all the hours of research to overcome this scam, etc. If the DJ says they can't award that, push again for a finding of 'unreasonable conduct' as what they've done seems to cross that line, to me.

If there are any other claims still hanging, ask your judge to strike them out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I hope you are going to ask for the claims to be struck out due to the Claimant's abject failure to evidence the PCNs, their written admission (take that email/letter with you!) that some PCNs were wrongly issued (but they didn't bother to list which ones) and their disregard for the order of the court, to correct the name to your wife.

State that this has gone on long enough and wasted more than enough of your time and the court's - and then ask for your costs on the indemnity basis.

Take a wage slip as proof of loss of leave/salary, and claim for any other hearing you attended along the way, and take a COSTS SCHEDULE that you should email this weekend (SUNDAY) to PCM (so they can't say they never saw it).

List something like 20 hours of research at £19 per hour (LiP rate) and go into detail about every Act you had to read, every pile of paperwork you spent time on, all the hours of research to overcome this scam, etc. If the DJ says they can't award that, push again for a finding of 'unreasonable conduct' as what they've done seems to cross that line, to me.

If there are any other claims still hanging, ask your judge to strike them out.
    Will do, thank you again for your help, I am also going to help others.
    I now feel that confident
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    D_P_Dance wrote: »
    You can take them to court

]https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim?msclkid=43c963d3705d14e6d3283f4a9d208289&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**Consumer Rights-Letter Templates-Broad&utm_term=+letter +before +claim&utm_content=letter before claim

for inter alia harassment, misusing your personal data, derogation from grant, trespass, lots of information here.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=suing+a+private+parking+company&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-gb&httpsmsn=1&refig=860d5eb08a334fcc84f4d886b031f9c0&PC=ACTS&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=suing+a+private+pa&sc=0-18&qs=n&sk=&cvid=860d5eb08a334fcc84f4d886b031f9c0f

Complain to your MP. On 18th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    Advise please, should I do a few tickets first, like a test case, or do them all at the same time,

I want to hurt them, (so do lots of others on my estate)
    The reason for my thinking, The max I can get from them in court is £5,000, but if I do lots I can get lots of £5,000.

This is not about me getting rich, or greedy, but about hurting them, I would like to see them on cant pay we'll take it away.
    Plus the money can go into a pot to help others fight them.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides