Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    Ok so an update on today's court hearing,
    So the first and most important, all case where set aside,
    Judge was fair, she told us both off, but mainly him, (Elms Legal)
    she said the paperwork from Gladstones was incomplete and sent stuff to the court but not to me, she also said that they needed to amend they paper to show my wife as a women and not a man.
    They needed to put vehicle reg's / ticket numbers on the documents.
    she wants the paperwork in 14 days for a trial,
    The Elms man said signage a few times and the judge basically said is that all you got?

all in all a good day,
    and I so hope the Elms man is there again, I feel I had more argument that him, he may have been asleep?

That's good. Gladstones reaching even higher levels of incompetence ???
    The Elms guy was probably asleep:rotfl: ... bored with the same old rubbish
  • markudmanmarkudman Forumite
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    After today and all the help I have had from here, I feel ready for the kill, can not wait to see if they continue or drop it,
    one thing I am confused about is the judge asked why I had such A long list of defence, was I parked on the highway or not?
    should I just write, I was parked on the highway, so they had no right to ticket me?
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • Lego-9Lego-9 Forumite
    28 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Good Luck @markudman!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If they were ordered to do new Particulars, you get to do a new Defence - unless of course the judge just wants a nice tidy statement from them.

Kitchen sink is fine, but it can be better to just put down the good arguments.
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Just looking though the the court paperwork they have the Claimant ref no
    XXXXXXXXX/Parking con (Parking Control Management)
    :rotfl::T
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect description!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    OK in court the judge asked for The parking con to serve amended particulars, I got them today, the pictures show a different car to the the one in the particulars. different reg, make and model and about ten years between them,
    both car were owned by me but on different dates.

I really am not sure if they are winding me up or they are really that incompetent.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really am not sure if they are winding me up or they are really that incompetent.
    Without doubt the latter. Make sure the court is aware of this joke of a response to their order.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I will, I done a SAR, and I have all there evidents of where the different cars where parked, I believe they are hiding the real pictures because it shows the cars parked on the highway.
    Is it against the law to use fake evidents? .
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    OK in court the judge asked for The parking con to serve amended particulars, I got them today, the pictures show a different car to the the one in the particulars. different reg, make and model and about ten years between them,
    both car were owned by me but on different dates.

You could not make it up!

OK, now prepare a sassii style costs schedule (see NEWBIES thread). Four figures, for punitive costs for wholly vexatious and unreasonable conduct in the case from start to finish, for which there is no reasonable explanation.

Your £255 set aside fee and costs for appearing that that hearing are just the start. Go for your hours of wasted time in dealing with this, including but not limited to, your hours at £19 per hour or higher (half the hourly rate of a band D 'trainee solicitor/paralegal' fee earner can be appropriate, in rare cases we've seen, and yours now seems like a complete farce and a waste of your valuable time and that of the court).

After this set aside hearing that you described below, did the DJ issue an Order and state that they have to issue amended particulars and then you are to send a defence by a certain time?
    Ok so an update on today's court hearing,
    So the first and most important, all case where set aside,
    Judge was fair, she told us both off, but mainly him, (Elms Legal)
    she said the paperwork from Gladstones was incomplete and sent stuff to the court but not to me, she also said that they needed to amend they paper to show my wife as a women and not a man.
    They needed to put vehicle reg's / ticket numbers on the documents.
    she wants the paperwork in 14 days for a trial,
    The Elms man said signage a few times and the judge basically said is that all you got?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS