Resident Parking

edited 8 January 2018 at 9:50PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
302 replies 20.2K views

Replies

• markudmanmarkudman Forumite
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    This trial is for 4 tickets / and two people (me and my Wife) do I do a cost for each ticket, or each person?
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One costs schedule per hearing.
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Great piece by sasii, Thank you
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I got a letter from laughstones today, saying they are discontinuing one ticket, is this because they have seen my evidence sent to them by the court?
    I am really pi**ed I really wanted to give them a slap in the face in court,
    Can I do anything to get in back in front of the judge?
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Got another letter discontinuing another ticket.
    351 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    As Gladstones have discontinued two tickets, can I still ask for costs?
    This has been to court twice, first was when they got judgement, second was the set aside, and the third was going to be the trial, so i feel i still have a case for costs, as they had no chance of winning, and it been a very stressful 6 months, and I have still had to do all the research, and had to spend money on my defence.
    Also can I do A SAR, to find out why they discontinued the tickets.

They are still at present taking my wife to court for her tickets,
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send a cost schedule (example in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2) to the court with a covering letter outlining the unreasonableness of the Claimant and their solicitors. The worst you can be told is ‘No’.
    Also can I do A SAR, to find out why they discontinued the tickets.
    Not likely to deliver what you are hoping for. A SAR will elicit personal information they hold about you, but that wouldn’t cover reasons why they discontinued your case - try it, you might drop lucky, but don’t be overly optimistic.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 26 March 2019 at 9:25AM
    D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 March 2019 at 9:25AM
    markudman wrote: »
    I got a letter from laughstones today, saying they are discontinuing one ticket, is this because they have seen my evidence sent to them by the court?
    I am really pi**ed I really wanted to give them a slap in the face in court,
    Can I do anything to get in back in front of the judge?

You can take them to court

]https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim?msclkid=43c963d3705d14e6d3283f4a9d208289&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**Consumer Rights-Letter Templates-Broad&utm_term=+letter +before +claim&utm_content=letter before claim

for inter alia harassment, misusing your personal data, derogation from grant, trespass, lots of information here.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=suing+a+private+parking+company&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-gb&httpsmsn=1&refig=860d5eb08a334fcc84f4d886b031f9c0&PC=ACTS&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=suing+a+private+pa&sc=0-18&qs=n&sk=&cvid=860d5eb08a334fcc84f4d886b031f9c0f

Complain to your MP. On 18th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Send a cost schedule (example in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2) to the court with a covering letter outlining the unreasonableness of the Claimant and their solicitors. The worst you can be told is ‘No’.

Not likely to deliver what you are hoping for. A SAR will elicit personal information they hold about you, but that wouldn’t cover reasons why they discontinued your case - try it, you might drop lucky, but don’t be overly optimistic.
    A SAR should reveal all letters & emails regarding the subject so unless the decision to discontinue was made entirely by word of mouth there should be a trail.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    This has been to court twice, first was when they got judgement, second was the set aside, and the third was going to be the trial, so i feel i still have a case for costs, as they had no chance of winning, and it been a very stressful 6 months, and I have still had to do all the research, and had to spend money on my defence.

Send your costs schedule to the Judge who dealt with the set aside and point out that the Claimant is dropping the tickets one by one, leaving you significantly out of pocket if they discontinue all of them and hope to get away scot-free after wasting your time and that of the courts.

Ask for your costs to be ordered to be paid by the claimant should they discontinue the entire claim. Enclose a costs schedule and the letters of discontinuance.

Don't be surprised if the Judge responds via a clerk, telling you to pay £100 for an order without a hearing and to complete a new application on another N244 form.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides