Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 January 2018 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Morning folks

A bit sleepy as didn't get home til 10 but very much enjoyed the film. Seems to me that there's a lot of poor reviews on IMDB from people who were disappointed that it wasn't the film they expected, but having gone in with an open mind, I was fine with it. No spends except a couple of coffees before the film as OH struggles to wait somewhere by just loitering.

Bit annoyed with/worried about OH as I'm not convinced that he ate anything yesterday, or maybe that he ate junk and binned the evidence. He certainly didn't eat what I left him. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water and all that... :cool:

So today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores (at least for me!) - done
    • Charge phone in work
    • Crochet
    • No alcohol
    • Brisk walk at lunch time to get the blood flowing - done
    • Book Asda shop for click and collect - done
    • Write out meal plan
    • Take cash out for physio app tomorrow
    • Might update the budget spreadsheet. Would normally wait for OH but I feel a tad twitchy about it.
    Not much at the mo

Have a good one all

clf x

PS: Foxgloves - did you see my question about the onion sets last week? Any ideas? Thanks x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dawn, I know that tea bags are the one thing I would be climbing the walls if I didn't have! My local dog rescue post a similar list so I've been buying up all the suitable reduced cheeses for them as they use it for treats.

Back to work today for 4 days this week, I can't wait to go back to three days, the extra money will come in handy but I deliberately worked out my hours there to keep me under the tax threshold.

Plenty of Shepherds pie left over for dinner tonight and panini sorted for lunch courtesy of yesterday's shopping trip.

I have sorted out the receipt to return a couple of things to work (a bed cover and a culotte suit that makes me look like an overgrown toddler!)

I have turned the thermostat down as its near the front door which is always colder than the rest of the house so doesn't bear any relation to the temperature upstairs!

Must clean fish and cat litter before work.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi guys - opps I really should get on and do some of the things I need to! I have spent the last couple of hours working out oh's gifts for his birthday/our 10 year anniversary (15th/16th Feb....) I've decided - uncharacteristically - to be generous and do a "year of dates" box - with 12 individually wrapped date. I've made a start on thinking what they can be and things I'll need to get etc

That has meant I've wasted half of my day! So now need to get cracking:

* tidy up/flylady
    * go for a run
    * nip to sains to see if they have tights for madam for ballet - might actually just do it afterwards on way home and she can make do with socks this session - saves on petrol ;)
    * in conversation with my new manager re start date - eek so exciting!
    * jacket pots for tea - will cook some broad bean chips while the oven is on :)
    * knitting/reading etc this evening
    * snacks ready for ballet run!

ok better dash

oh vickthestick my wombling total is high because oh got a hamper from a contact through work (should have got it before xmas but his boss was being a bit weird - that's a whole other story!) that (allegedly) costs £120 retail

Dawn glad to hear there's an improvement for dh x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • vickthestick
    Options
    Determined, that's good that you got that hamper :)
    And FatRab, razors must be expensive because a policeman told me a couple of years ago that it was the most shoplifted item!
    Just back from hospital - DH has all clear from colon cancer and no need to go back for five years. However, looks like the chemo has damaged his bones and he now needs a referral to orthopaedics! As a special treat, I am allowing him to eat his soup and homemade bread in front of PMQs:rotfl: rather than going to Waitrose for a 'free' coffee and lunch whilst reading Motorcycle News - he's such a spendthrift! :o
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Hahaha I'd heard that too!

I'm off shopping today so will try the downshift challenge, I have a budget in mind for what's on my list so will see how that goes....

Thankfully I don't need new razor blades yet!

Glad to hear your good news!
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    All this talk of razors has reminded me to epilate before I go to the physio tomorrow! It does save a fortune on razor blades. I paid £30 for mine.

Ladies - I can really recommend it. It doesn't really hurt after the first couple of times.

Gents... Well I guess you could try it on your beard but I imagine it would WRECK :eek:
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have no plans to light the stove as the living room is still pleasantly warm from when it was lit on Monday :)

As you say fatrab the micro things all make a difference to the pennies in our pocket. The price of razors is eye watering, unfortunately I like my men clean shaven.

I so wish I could regularly eat at DawnW's her meals often make me salivate.

DawnW I'm so pleased your OH has gained a positive outlook to his health that will go quiet some way towards his healing, even if you have had to pay out for the appointments.

Today's plans:
    :heart2:Make a batch of porridge
    :heart2:Make a loaf of bread, we have decided to use the bread maker (it makes this type of loaf better than I can in the oven) as the kitchen is only 13.2c I will move the BM to the living room so the dough rises better.
    :heart2:Set WM to run overnight
    :heart2:Set DW to run overnight
    :heart2:RMSurvey
    :heart2:FPL etc
    :heart2:NSD
    :heart2:Drop of donations to food bank
    :heart2:Use lego brick to prop keyboard up with as foot has broken off
    :heart2:Eat pear children were avoiding as it had a bruise, I cut out the small bruise the rest was delicious
    :heart2:Finished dd banana as a posed to starting a second
    :heart2:Read weekly email
    :heart2:Renew library books
    :heart2:Request audio books from library
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I so wish I could regularly eat at DawnW's her meals often make me salivate.

DawnW I'm so pleased your OH has gained a positive outlook to his health that will go quiet some way towards his healing, even if you have had to pay out for the appointments.

:o Goodness BB, most of what we eat is homegrown / foraged or reduced / on offer... and I should be able to cook ok at my age :eek::rotfl:We were into self sufficiency back in the 70s/80s, and still do what we can. We no longer have goats, chickens, ducks, lambs etc :( and don't make cheese /do serious butchery etc any more, just cook from scratch, pick blackberries etc and grow what we can in our little garden.

Your house sounds lovely btw, reminds me of somewhere we used to live :) We just have a little terraced house on the edge of a small, not very prosperous market town now, and I do miss it all :(
  • vickthestick
    Options
    I had to bite the bullet on the debts and shift it all onto a Loan.
    We should be better off as we (read I) won't be paying the escalating fees on DH debts.
    Best go fix the signature.

How does the bullet journal work?
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Quick tot up of the evening:
    • B/L/D from stores (at least for me!) - done but had to buy a plain pizza from tesco and top it myself
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Crochet - off to do this now
    • No alcohol - done
    • Brisk walk at lunch time to get the blood flowing - done
    • Book Asda shop for click and collect - done
    • Write out meal plan - done
    • Take cash out for physio app tomorrow - done
    • Might update the budget spreadsheet. Would normally wait for OH but I feel a tad twitchy about it. - done. Fund fund looking shocking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts