Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Something on the lines of 'Have you anything better' as you hand over the paperwork and $ on show. If no go take the $ back, nothing lost.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    Something on the lines of 'Have you anything better' as you hand over the paperwork and $ on show. If no go take the $ back, nothing lost.

Exactly this. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. If you’re really lucky they may give you a small upgrade and decline the tip. (I give it anyway) if it doesn’t work, no problem, take what you have and be happy. I must say that we have rarely been disappointed.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    bairn7 wrote: »
    Thanks photome. There is nothing wrong with the Altima in and of itself. It's just that its all I seem to get, every time I hire a car. I go a few times a year so it's getting a bit same-y. Last time I got a Maxima by chance and the power difference was immense.

I'd just love something different and don't want to get to the lot just to see another line of Altimas! It seems to be the stock full size car of car hire firms.

I have always fancied a maxima the basic model has 300hp, its not in alamos full size catergory though
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Exactly this. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. If you’re really lucky they may give you a small upgrade and decline the tip. (I give it anyway) if it doesn’t work, no problem, take what you have and be happy. I must say that we have rarely been disappointed.

have you had it work with Alamo, i have tried a couple of times and it hasnt worked
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    I have always fancied a maxima the basic model has 300hp, its not in alamos full size catergory though

We got a Maxima from Alamo in Key West last week.
    It came under their "premium" range.
    We had booked an SUV but they didn't have one.
    Bonus of a small car rental location!
    travelover
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    have you had it work with Alamo, i have tried a couple of times and it hasnt worked

It’s worked twice. Both at LAS.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey guys!! :):)
    Just saying Hi !! :D:D
    I got a new mission, flight for 2 Adults + 1 teen for 12/13 nights going end of May... Stuie Budget = Max £1350 to cover flights !! Got my work cut out again !

and as to your car talk, Maxima is Prem, had that car 3 years back, its nice! I remember from last year also, that Alamo included the Dodge Charger R/T in there Full Size rangle (V8 lump in that car!), and other firms list that car as in there Prem range....

And as for backhander tips in the garage, always works for me, but I am a cheeky sod, so a lot is based on the garage guy/gal and how your perceived! :D

Other than that, Hi all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • stevie11
    Options
    Eh Stuie, typically for that period from London airports you are on £500+ each whilst Dublin fits within your budget in the low to mid £300. Of course you will need to factor your positioning flights.

Lax with Norwegian may be a little cheaper from London but then you have to factor getting from LA.
    Good luck
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 January 2018 at 1:25PM
    Options
    I can do MAN - LAX for £1331 for 3 peeps with ThomasCook, that gives us 11 nts Vegas (12 total)....
    My Dublin routes at the moment, are coming in at £392pp for DUB-LAS with my last leg miss, but that doesn't include how I get to DUB or the actual flight times!, etc

The ThomasCook one looking favourable at the mo.... only downside is, they charge £25 per person to guarantee seats...... hmmmmmmmmmm !

Although I read what I believe is the correct answer already, what do u guys make of this:

Usually, when flying into the US or certain places, you need at least 6 months remaining on your passport........
    My step-daughter's passport expires in August, which would be 2 months after we get back........ thoughts ?
  • stevie11
    Options
    That is usually the difference between the low cost airlines compared to the fully scheduled.

I think with those two options you are about on budget with add-ons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure