Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah, re-reading what I've written, I agree with both those comments 😥  If I had my own car, I'd pop in for half an hour ... what I might do tomorrow, in any case, is tell them I need a break - they know perfectly well that I have chronic fatigue, in the past they've made sure a spare bedroom is free for me to have a lie down.  Nothing's spare right now because of the Scottish lot having come down, so I'd go sit in my sister's car.   That would work!  Insert lots of swear words here 🙄  Bleep and bleep again.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sitting in sisters car rather than overwhelm.  Go for it - seems like a plan - I'm sure others can add to those phrases.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Eek, no, that definitely doesn’t sound like fun anymore. Make sure you do what you need to to stay safe.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    themadvix said:
    Eek, no, that definitely doesn’t sound like fun anymore. Make sure you do what you need to to stay safe.

Exactly, much as we love family, we do actually need to love (well care for) ourselves more.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,553 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yikes KC - with all those little germ breeders running around, I'd be employing all those strategies!

4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you everyone!  The issue is kind of moot now :( I've been throwing up - don't know if its stress or a bug, though I'm guessing the former.  But in any case, sister's 48 hour ruling says no way, I'd forgotten that, was expecting to probably still go.  So it goes.  I'm going to need to take it slow today, but I'll just keep going here :(  SpaceX takes off at 1pm today our time, so I'll watch that.  Maybe look at Prolific.
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not well KC. Not going is definitely the right decision for all involved. I was going to suggest this a while ago, before the decision was out of your hands, but didn't want to poke my nose in too far! Get well soon 🤒
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Be better soon ❤️‍🩹
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not well KC. Not going is definitely the right decision for all involved. I was going to suggest this a while ago, before the decision was out of your hands, but didn't want to poke my nose in too far! Get well soon 🤒
    Never a problem, Squirrel - I still don't have a firm boundary on when it's appropriate to cancel something like this, partly because I'm such an anti-social git.  I suspect its why I got sick, I should have cancelled at the latest when I heard about the antibiotics, my sister rang especially to tell me, and offered to ring off and let me think about it, which I turned down, as I'd made the decision.  There's always something to learn!

beanielou said:
    Be better soon ❤️‍🩹
    Thanks beanie!  
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,553 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    KC - I'm sooooo glad you are NOT going - from a health perspective.  Health always comes first, social niceties are a distant second!!! xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure