New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Travelling On

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
5.4K replies 251.9K views

Replies

• KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zoom meeting went by the way, completely forgot, both to sign up for it and to try to attend  ;) the fencer arrived at 7.30 that day to try to beat the rain this time, so by 10am I was ker-nackered.
    But I have a fence!  And a side gate that opens, as well as my nice metal front gate hung again.  I've lost the catch that goes on the support, so fencer guy fashioned a piece of wood that sort of has a snick to it.  Very cool.  
    Supermarket delivery arrived - erm, twice as many toilet rolls as I ordered?  Cans of tomato that I didn't order.  And the hash browns that I buy as a treat were scrunched open by a machine claw or something.  I've thrown out half the pack (its the "or something" that I wonder about, could be anything, including a rat) and 20% of my order was a no-show - I think supply lines are getting a bit stretched.
    Tidying and re-ordering the house has been the order of the day - shopping still to be disinfected etc, and the garden tidied, though I made a second pass at gathering the leaves today.  Bit by bit :smiley:
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news on the fence & the gate. 
    Less good news on the shopping though. 
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous news on the fence & gates!  I'm sure you are quite pleased to check another one off of your list!

I'm with you on the grocery disinfecting!  I had a large [email protected] order arrive over the course of last week - various storecupboard items we use regularly that were cheaper by far to buy from 'the beast' rather than the supermarkets & a bonus is completely contactless delivery by default. Still though - everything needs a good clean & then the kitchen floor given a good wash down :blush: - but it's been a challenging work week & all I really want to do is veg!  At some point though, I'll get to it!
    4 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Finally managing to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you know that the bark can blow away? 
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***