Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 December 2019 at 3:21PM
    Options
    In the style of Henry Reed https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/naming-of-parts/ a deadpan, subversive clever johnnie, today we have Finishing Of Christmas Cards. We probably also have the Exercising Of The U3a LogIn Fetails, which have been sent to me after a month, since writing Christmas cards sends me round the twist :D.

Tomorrow we will have Replacement Of Phone Batteries, as the problem isn't fixed, just delayed; we may also have Checking The Connections to this and that of the tv and dvd, as they blink out quite a lot.

But today we have Finishing Of Christmas Cards.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :dance: Christmas cards are finished! They have stamps on them!

:wave: Finally managed to log in to u3a, they've managed to overcomplicate whats behind the login like crazy, but I can find the info I was after. Job jobbed :)

:rotfl:Still need to do two birthday cards

:question: My sister checks out qvc quite a lot, and I'd told her my kindle was slowly dying (turns out its dying a lot slower than my phone battery, my tv and my dvd recorder, but still ...). Fire 10 is on sale at £100, it can take a 512GBexpansion for £60, its almost the size of a Microsoft Surface and it has a nifty case you can use to balance it safely. On sale for today only. Is it worth it? I don't know ... I think it probably is, except the RAM is quite small, only 2GB. Flip a coin for me ...

The big list: 10/50, and I'm onto the next, no11: all the presents are bought, just got to wrap them.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the cards :j :j (You are now ahead of me!!)

Go for the Kindle :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well done on the cards :j :j (You are now ahead of me!!)

Go for the Kindle :)

From me too. Do it!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks beanie, you know, I think I will :) It will mean I won't have to take the computer to London when I go catsitting, for instance, and it can back up my whole computer too, which is handy :)

I hope you catch up with me on the cards soon - you have more people than I do, remember :)

I haven't done much, but I did do 45 minutes chopping back the laurel, I'm cutting it back further than I did last year, so it will take less time next year. I can't dig up bramble roots in this weather, but I'll be ready for it when the soil dries out a little bit.

Tomorrow:
    - the council's healthy walk.
    - wrapping presents.
    - cook the veggies that belong to the nutroast, maybe do the whole thing, I'm not sure about that :o
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Hooray to finishing the cards, we have just finished ours that need posting. Just a few neighbours left to send. Hopefully the tree that has been in a trug of water will make its way inside and get decorated today or tomorrow. It's all go here!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thats good news, SL :) Unfortunately, I'm having a sssslllllloooooooooooww day - woke up at 4.30 for no reason and couldn't find it in me to go back to sleep. Squeaked into the council's walk, and I thought I was doing well at that stage, I'd put the wm on, but I'm slumped in my armchair since I got back. Plus my slightly-estranged auntie left me a phone message, because I sent her a Christmas card - need to phone her today, tomorrow's my birthday and I'm out all day. Okay. These are things I have to do:
    - put the dishwasher on.
    - phone my aunt.
    - faff about upstairs carrying on the tidying that made me late for the council walk :D I bear no responsibility whatsoever :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 16 December 2019 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Sorry, not read your diary for a few days but have just had a quick catch-up.

Did you get the Kindle Fire in the end? That offer on QVC is too late for me now (just seen your mention of it:() and have been wondering about buying a Kindle Fire but am never sure it will do everything I need it to do that I rely on my laptop for. Your discharging the battery on your phone is a great idea:T. I have to do the same on my ancient laptop where I'm always getting the 'plugged in not charging' message whenever I try to charge it up:mad:. After reading advice from just about everyone and his dog (and being to scared to do anything too techy or major) I resorted to someone's advice to let the battery totally discharge before plugging it in and recharging. I used to plug it in whenever the 'battery low' message appeared when about 20% capacity remained but it always refused to charge. The recharge from nil worked every time I've tried it:j

Might not be back before tomorrow so I'd like to wish you an early but very happy birthday. Have fun!:bdaycake::beer:_party_:dance:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :hello: Hello FS, nice to see you, hope you're doing well. Thanks for your birthday wishes, have some cake, its gluten free :D :bdaycake:

I *did* get the Kindle Fire, thanks for reminding me :) £5 off, they've sent me another £5 voucher for something else, and apparently there's a voucher for a good quality case.

The phone, though - the bad things keep on happening to it every so often, so its not fixed. I'll take it to a repairy type place later this week :(

Dishwasher and some faffing done (more later) and I even managed to phone my aunt ... though I feel like utter carp now :(:(:( not that anything terrible happened. Just that speaking with her stirs up lots of bad stuff - I'm really glad she misremembered the day of my birthday enough to call me just the day before. I'm off to stuff my face now.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Happy Birthday KC! Have a good one and do whatever you want to do x :kisses: _party_:dance::j:beer::)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure