My 5 year plan

Options

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick update for today, another NSD!

Should have enough food to get me through tomorrow then on Friday we will go shopping for the weekend. We're back to meal plans and shopping lists but it needs to be done.

I'm continuing to pay all the household bills at the moment due to current circumstances, but Mrs fatrab will now be buying the weekly shopping, so I've removed that from my SOA. We did a combined SOA at the weekend to see where we would stand if everything was combined, so hopefully after October (assuming everything is settled by then) we'll go back to making a combined effort.

Looks like it'll be a quiet few weeks, so I'm back to coasting along waiting for payday!! :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you get the car sold :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • fatrab
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Hope you get the car sold :)
    Thanks! How's your new car? :)

• fatrab
    Options
    Morning!

I was expecting to have a relatively quiet weekend but looks like that plan has gone out the window.

My mate who is a [retired] plasterer has managed to make time to help me finish off the hall this weekend, so will be plastering tomorrow and hopefully sanding down on Sunday. With a bit of luck and some effort, next week I should be ready to paint it!
    It's only taken me 4 months....:eek:

Anyhoo, Mrs fartab and I have decided that a more serious effort is required on the dieting and moneysaving front, so from Monday we're hitting it hard. We're a bad influence on each other so that needs to stop.

Have a great weekend :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck with the weight loss and the debt slaying - I know what you mean, my OH and I are bad influences on each other as well! ;)
  • fatrab
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

Had a no-show on Friday from the chap who was supposed to come and see the car which is annoying but these things happen. Had a few other folk showing interest over the weekend though which is promising and hopefully one of them is coming tonight, weather dependant.

I also forgot to mention that I had an appointment at the bank on Saturday. They asked me to go in to discuss my mortgage options and have a general review of my account but basically just wanted to try and get me to take a credit card and upgrade to an account that I don't need. Eh, no thanks!

Their mortgage rate was actually more competitive than I thought it would be but I've secured a better rate elsewhere and I'm sticking with it.

On the diet front, we went shopping last night and stuck to our meal plan so fingers crossed this is a new beginning. I've said this before but I'm determined to be 14st by Xmas!

And finally, my mate didn't make it round on Saturday but he came yesterday and plastered the hall so I'll probably not get that sanded til Tues/Weds this week. Hopefully be ready for paint by the weekend and the new carpet can go down at some point over the next 2 weeks :)

• jwil
    Options
    All sounds good :)
  • fatrab
    Options
    Afternoon!

Well the chap turned up last night and after a great deal of humming and hawing made me an offer on the car. I think he was expecting a 7 year old car with 85000 miles to be in the same condition that it left the showroom! But the wee car is tidy and he didn't have much to complain about so we've agreed a sale after a bit of good old fashioned haggling. Mike Brewer hasn't got a patch on me!!!!

Fingers crossed he shows up on Friday with the money as agreed but since he didn't leave a deposit the car is officially still for sale. Watch this space as they say......

Yesterday was an expensive day so hoping today and tomorrow will be NSDs. Had to fill the car up (£50) and go to the chiropractor (£35) as my back is giving me grief again.

I'll be decorating every night this week and prob most of the weekend. Hoping to have the new carpet down by Friday next week. Busy busy busy... :)

• jwil
    Options
    Congrats on the car sale :T
  • fatrab
    Options
    Morning! Not a lot to report today so I'll keep it minimal!

NSD yesterday but today will be a spend day as no lunch with me :(

Local bakers does a cracking brown baguette with Tuna mayo salad so I'm quite looking forward to wasting £3 on that to be honest :). Mrs fatrab is food shopping today so there should be a few more NSDs this week.

Been decorating for a few hours each evening this week so that has kept me out of mischief. We're friendly with a local carpet guy so he popped round and quoted us for the hall carpet last night, so that will be getting fitted next Weds (assuming I get my finger out and finish painting by then!). Still got the plastering to finish (its 95% complete), old carpet to lift, skirtings to prep, line the walls then paint everything. It's going to be a busy weekend!!

Will let you know how it goes with the car sale tomorrow, fingers crossed he's true to his word... I also fixed a few of the little things he pointed out that were wrong with the car. I had to reset the electric windows as the auto-up-and-down feature wasn't working - which was a 10 second fix - and a little bit of trim on the bodywork was peeling off, so a simple fix with 3" of trim tape and 2 minutes prep and it's looking good as new. Just wish I'd noticed them before he came to view the car.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport