IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking Final Reminder

Options

Comments

• Stormy2
    Stormy2 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2018 at 7:43AM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes but you might have to send the people who quoted you, a private message.

I will now double check my posts here and will delete your old username if I've quoted it.

:)
    Thank you very much indeed :beer:

edit... I have private messaged those who have quoted me .... Quentin's inbox is full though so I can not contact him.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You still haven't edited out references to who was driving in your posts!
  • Stormy2
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You still haven't edited out references to who was driving in your posts!

I hope I have done this now.
  • Stormy2
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just finished typing up the POPLA letter. I have a slight concern... obviously it is almost word for word from the one you suggested with only small amendments. There are instances of the word link.... I do not have those links to insert and can only delete that word. I'm hoping without those links it will be ok. I will embed my own photo of the notice saying tickets are not needed to be displayed as advised early on. I will also embed a copy of the Final Reminder letter for proof of their increase in charge and the proof of asking for a fee for using credit/debit cards.

I will let you all know how I get on and thank you again for your assistance... I am aware I was not an easy one for you please know I appreciate your patience.
  • needtechelp
    Options
    A family member has received the same kind of letter from Britannia.

No ticket was on the car.

Only just received the FINAL REMINDER.

Location of the contravention though states the name of a public road but it does not state the actual contravention. Date is some time in December.

They do not recall having gone into a car park - however car owner is a blue badge holder

So the template letter which disputes signage etc would not seem relevant.

Should they add a line stating that contravention never occurred.

Should they just send the letter, as is, and just wait for them to come back?

Sorry OP - it just seemed so similar that I wanted to ask the same question.

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So the template letter which disputes signage etc would not seem relevant.
    It is designed to fish a POPLA code, that's all, so submit it as is. No alterations. It's deliberately worded.
    Should they add a line stating that contravention never occurred.
    No.

This is not your thread so no replies again here please - unfair on Stormy2.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stormy2
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, I've been unable to do anything until today due to sickness. I've got my appeal ready and gone to the PoPLA site. I thought to choose the option for "the car was not parked improperly." From there it gets personal..... so to state the driver did buy a valid ticket it says "YOU bought a valid ticket" as defence which does not seem right given how I've followed things here. Would you tell me which of the reasons for my appeal will fit better to the template you directed me to please without me having to actually answer questions which state that the keeper actually did the driving. thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am sure the NEWBIES thread tells you what box to choose and it's not the one you said.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stormy2
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sorry... off to read again
  • Stormy2
    Options
    Hello to everybody who has helped me so far,

I received an email from POPLA y'day showing me a detailed report back from Brit Parking with 'evidence' 'proving' that the driver did not pay for said parking. This is untrue but there are photos of signs all over showing £100 fine which disputes part of my claim.. photos of ticket machine print outs without our reg in there, a letter showing they had rights given to contact DVLA and a multitude of other 'proof'. Also copies of the first letters never received by us. If I was lost before I am completely lost now. The ticket was bought as I have said all along... all parts of the PoPLA return I copied have been counterclaimed on. Today I have had an envelope which I just signed for arrive with all copies of said documents. Can anybody help me further? Thank you in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure