Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• Samphire
    Options
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »

Trying to get into bullet journaling. Ordered a new planner but not sure of the layout will see :P

I’ll be very interested to see how you get on ma-ri-ella. I’ve seen some beautiful bullet journal ideas on line, but it seems to take so long to set them up. I may start small with a gratitude journal. I picked up a pretty notepad from Wilkinson’s yesterday and I want to write down a few things I’m thankful for before I go to bed each evening. Hoping it will help me keep positive :beer:
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Welcome Positive Thinking 2015

Luxury Woman, I am so glad that you chose to use your Boots Advantage Card points to treat yourself. I hope that in time you will come to realise that there is no need for you to feel any guilt if you buy yourself treats that are exclusively for you

I bought a special offer ticket to see The Divide at The Old Vic for £10 which saved me £45. These tickets are sponsored by the company Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) and allow people like me to be able to afford to see productions at The Old Vic that I would not otherwise be able to afford. I was only 4 rows from the stage, so I had a really good seat. This play is absolutely fantastic, it is set in a Dystopian World where men and women live either side of the said 'Divide' where their lives are very regimented and governed by archaic rules on how to live. At 4 hours long, it is the longest play I have ever been to, but I found it fascinating and captivating from beginning to the end. I would give it 8/10 only because it is such a long play, not because the content of the play is in any way lacking.

In the evening I went to Reggaeoke at The Ritzy in Brixton. One of my sisters also came along to this event and met me there. We both had a really good night, but neither of us were brave enough in the end to get up on the stage and sing a song.

I am taking it easy today, and just catching up with the washing and drying and relaxing watching catch up TV.
  • LuxuryWoman
    Options
    Hi Positive thinking

Wow, Sugar you do have fun, you might be my new guru and role mode., reggaeoke sounds amazing!

I'm glad you all think my purchase was a good one, I feel so glam in a 'grown-up lady' kinda way!
    It makes me happy and I am starting to realise I am allowed to feel happy :)

A few chores today and a bit pf pottering then a roast with family later - no spuds for me though, need to feel my jeans a little looser.

Have a great Sunday all.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies and welcome to new faces.

My fabbing is always a bit hit and miss, i.e. I might be dressed and made up nicely, but my nails are a mess and I keep missing the body moisturisation, but I try to remember a little perfume and an application of hand cream before I put my coat on to go out and I am nearly always aware of my posture, when sitting I try to sit up straight for a good percentage of the time, not leaning against the back rest of the seat/settee etc.

I was happy to let "my grey grow in" a few years ago and it always looked really nice, but I became very pale and pasty and my hair was getting whiter and I felt that I looked washed out not pale and interesting so had it coloured light blonde, looks great, but I need to convince myself to prune my budget elsewhere to cover the cost, currently £40 for a cut and blowdry each 6 weeks and nearer £70 the next 6 weeks for colour touch up. I appreciate that my not be a lot for those who perhaps live in cities, but need to believe that I am worth it (although I hate how that slogan has come to mean self entitlement as fuelled by the ad agencies)

LuxuryWoman - love the idea of your compact, I hope that it will continue to bring you joy each time you use it.

Sugarbaby - So good that you have access to such a great variety of interesting and economical things to enjoy.

positivethinking - I live in trousers, leggings or opaque tights through the winter, but love my epilator for the warmer months, last time I tried to shave my rather fleshless legs I ended up with so many cuts, don't want to go back there.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ma-ri-Ella I started a bullet journal this year. I have struggled with it somewhat because I!!!8217;m not naturally creative and it takes me a long time to make the pages look pretty, as I!!!8217;m not artistic. I bought some coloured pens and stencils and use those to help with the artistic side. For example, I write lists in different colours and use the stencils to draw borders etc.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello, hope you've all had a good weekend :)

Today I've been out for a run which always makes me feel fab (not at the time but afterwards :D).

I've cleaned out my makeup bag and chucked out a few dried out mascaras, ancient lipsticks and eye pencils. I found a few smaller bags and split up the makeup so that I can find everything easily. I've also sorted out my jewellery so that I know what I've got and where it is.

Outfit picked for tomorrow is jeans, a red and white top, black cardigan and black pumps. The top has a bow at the neckline so no necklace needed, picked out some little red heart earrings to match the top.

Away to paint my nails with clear polish and then head for an early night. Getting more sleep is definitely part of feeling more fabulous :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, :hello:

No real fabbing news to report, I’ve been lazy & skipped yoga the last 2 nights so back to it tonight.

DH driving me mad yesterday with tantrums (yes DH & not DS :rotfl:) when he didn’t get to do what he wanted when he wanted I.e. play with his home brew in the garage. Well sorry for needing help to run the house, keep us fed and DS in even a loose routine! I was told that I’m only nice to DS & the cats and never him (DH). :rotfl::rotfl:

Also when I said he didn’t listen to me he told me it was because he was BUSY (playing on his *insert gadget here*) & I’m BORING. He honestly sounded like a stroppy child, was quite funny after I got over the annoyance factor. He doesn’t listen & just tunes me out to play on his laptop etc so I end up shouting and then he tells me how horrible I am to him. :eek: :rotfl: He is fine most of the time & does a lot of the cooking, helps with DS etc but just has tantrums every so often. :cool:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 February 2018 at 9:10PM
    Options
    sashy its good that you can laugh about your spats with OH. Those early years are sooooo difficult, so it!!!8217;s good that you haven!!!8217;t lost your sense of humour.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sashy Maybe you could be "boring" about something he would enjoy / like, but because he didn't listen to the lovely mother of his son when she spoke to him, he missed whatever it was ;):D It used to work with my DH before we got married :) (but tbh he WAS jetlagged a lot of the time so I got away with it:rotfl:)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Put on my stripey top yesterday and realised the reason I haven't worn in for ages is because it's actually not very flattering. Meant to go through my clothes at the weekend but didn't quite get round to it so must try to do this soon. So the stripey top will go to the charity shop and I quickly changed into a plain green top yesterday.

Today I'm wearing black leggings, a grey and white stripey top (I should be banned from buying stripey tops :rotfl:), grey cardigan and pink pumps. Little bit of makeup and perfume on and that will be me. Best go get ready, hope you all have a good day :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure