What small moneysaving things will you be doing this NEW YEAR'S week? W/C 01/01/18

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was working today and discovered that our fox has been run over, I thought it was a bit odd that his food was untouched when I went out and then 30 yards down the road there he was :( He was a big brute and looked very healthy and well fed (as healthy as a dead thing can look, he had no mange etc.)

I left work at 3pm to take DS to the dentist, he got in a strop over the medical history form and walked out, it cost me a £40 cancellation fee (I had booked it with a private dentist to get him seen quicker.) I am furious and left him to find his own way home. I will furnish him with the number of our NHS dentist and he can sort it out himself.

I have jotted down my hours for the next two weeks in my £1 shop diary, this is the first time in years I've not bought a Paperchase one!

Dinner is a pre-prepared chicken in Madeira sauce thingy but at least I got staff discount off of it.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    FVD you must be so mad with your ds! Let him sort this kind of stuff out from here on out. Nothing like natural consequences to make us see the error of our ways!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    I am itching to go to the local coop for the cheeses and platters but need to hold my nerve until 8.30....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • 1SmallStep
    Options
    836 and also wondering about dnms cheese haul!
    Sad to hear about the ��
    Fed DD leftovers and walked her home to get my extra steps in! Not missed any days yet :) Feeling shattered though, legs were really heavy. Not sure how the mornings bike ride will go. It is at least due to be dry, if windy. :) talk about it enough and I'll do it!
    Am exploring home swap holidays, wondered if anyone had experience / recommendations about companies? We are used to Airbnb but thinking of trying a swap or a points based system, so no cash needs to change hands. One to research at the weekend I think! Have a friend coming for dinner tomorrow, about to raid the freezer for something! :)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the fox FVD:(

I'm right with you 1LL, I also came back on to find out if DNMS got any bargain platters:D!!!!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • vickthestick
    Options
    Hello,
    I thought I would join in, New Year, new focus needed.
    I have been here on and off and recognise some names from before.
    NSD today. Which is just as well because I have nothing to spend!
    I also want to know what happened with the cheese, and I've only just got here!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    FatVonD - sorry to hear about your foxy and the probs with DS

DNMS - following for cheese updates :rotfl:

Right, just need to have a coffee and get dressed then drive to mother's. See you on the flipside.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    ha ha who knew I had a little group of small thingers waiting on an update!! :rotfl: I did get a cheese box (it was the last one when there were loads earlier in the day!) from £4.50 to £1.50 :T and also an antipasti platter for 65p :T a few other bits as well :money:

So on to far less glamorous stuff :rotfl:

* need to go and wash my hair in a minute
    * lunches made last night
    * fruit and olives for snacks
    * submit expenses - must do this today
    * go into the a1di that over charged me last week and get my money back. While I'm there exchange madam's gloves for some mittens (the fingers on the sky gloves aren't right!)
    * madam to CM
    * update spending diary
    * go for a run after work before oh & madam get back ;)
    * dinner is lentil ragu & pasta (with cheese :D) meat eaters can have sausages cooked yesterday. Loving the minimal cooking regime!
    * knit, read book & watch vikings tonight

Hi & welcome back vickthestick

Have a great day guys :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • vickthestick
    Options
    Morning all,
    Taking the Smalls out shopping today to spend their Christmas gift cards in town. NSD for me!
    Whilst there, need to collect lots of bank money bags to bag up the bagpacking fundraising money from last week and pay it into the charity account.
    Then offloading one to a sleepover at a pal's to be fed elsewhere!
    Must tidy up and sort through the freezer to find something to feed my brother and his wife on this weekend.
    And the washing needs to be going through that machine like a ninja today!
    I've also posted my current SOA onto the forum and I'm awaiting the various options of wisdomness appearing.
    Have a good one everybody.
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone. I used to post on this thread everyday but I've fallen out of practice over the last few years. I'm trying to get back into MSE ways again now.

So my list for today
    • All meals from stores (DD sleeping at a friend's house)
    • NSD
    • We are out for the afternoon so heating won't need to be on!
    • HC
    • Dry washing on airer
    • Make two birthday presents using fabric/craft stash
    That'll do me for now as we have a bit of a busy afternoon.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business