What small moneysaving things will you be doing this NEW YEAR'S week? W/C 01/01/18

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: biggest small came in to us at 4.30 and been awake since. Gave up about half an hour ago and smallest small has just joined me. We’re curerntly snuggled on sofa. Just a small list today as we’re off on jollies for a few days:

Make packed lunch
    Take last of anything out of fridge with us to use up
    Lots of walking and steps for free exercise
    Taking meals with us (and cake ;))
    Vacuum lounge as didn’t get chance to do it yesterday
    Put last few bits of washing away
    Check banking, update sheet
    Reconciled credit card

Catch you at the weekend, have a good week folks. Hope you DH is feeling better Dawn.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 January 2018 at 5:35PM
    Options
    Morning folks

Dawn - I hope your OH is improving

Back to normality for 2 days, and then I'm off to my mum's for a few days. Totally cba with work but I am grateful for the relatively generous salary they pay me. Also, it appears that my protests about the scope of the job role have finally been listened to by my boss as has showed me a draft of a board paper that is suggesting splitting the job into 3 slightly different roles.:T

MSE things today:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Bring Christmas mug home and take different mug to work (not mse but y'know) - done
    • No alcohol
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Post letter to friend at lunch time. Nice free walk for exercise. - done
    • Crochet baby booties for sale
    • Wash on and out on the airer
    • Heating not on til later when I get in
    • Wrap up last Christmas presents that are heading to mum's. We were meant to pick them items up on the 23rd but OH had a crushing hangover so we had to get them after Christmas)
    • Nibbling up biccies in work and wombling some teabags that I know have been untouched in the cupboard for a least 2 years and have a BB date of 2013 - done
    Will add anything if I think of it

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1SmallStep
    Options
    Morning all! Echo feelings about going back CBF. Going to try to focus on it as a money earning exercise, see it that helps my sense of fulfillment a bit!
    Picked up from here about charging phone in work.
    Going to use hire car one last time before it goes back..grateful as it's wet out! Just decided which says am working where based on weather forecast so...please nag me to get on my bike tomorrow!
    Have made a list of twelve annoying financial jobs to do and will got those this evening
    Have a paying guest for one more night tonight.
    Lunch to work.
    Taking swim kit to work for rare foray to work pool, if it's open (funny times). Am only based there occasionally but must make better use of this perk!
    Yesterday's swim was indoors FVD...my friend has one of those lap pools with the flow you swim against. I'm a lover of outdoor swimming all year though...was in sea in skins only (nowetsuit) on Xmas day :) Do you still waterski? The propellors scare me!
    Have a good day folks x
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Up early to get lots of bitty things prepared as I've got to go out first thing to get loads of chores done.
    Cat cleaning all finished and I'm glad that cat litter stocks I bought before Christmas are still lasting.
    Banking all checked and d.debits for 2018 all written up ready for marking off during the year.
    Do a radiator shuffle in abit

I have to say I was very lucky with the dreamies although I don't planning on eating them....not even one!!!!
    It's just Tesc@ is the cheapest place to get their favourite cat food, I always get a nice money off voucher from them which really helps and this particular assistant always seems to see me when I'm piled high with Kitekat. If she hadn't of mentioned about them I would never of seen the dreamies as they were too high on the top shelf for me to see.

Nice meal at DMs yesterday. Brought home the last 4 brussel sprouts and quorn my DM was going to throw out to chuck into another stirfry for DD.This is the year when I will reduce waste more.
    After staying up late for New years Eve, you could really tell as my leg and foot swell so went to bed early with a hottie. Crashed out by 8.30pm. Must have really needed it but feel better for it.

DawnW hoping the OH back is settling down more.

have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) Wowzer Purps hope you make it through the day!

I am really tired today! Going to a friend's so the kids can play and we can have a natter - although right now not feeling terribly up for it... Now I've written that I realise I want to take a rain cheque so better text her soon...

so a day at home instead! We need to walk to the chemist so will do that shortly before the weather turns. While we're down there will stop at the library and maybe the park on the way back (depending on weather)

was thinking about make some gingerbread biscuits so madam can decorate - a good hours entertainment there!

*sow some lettuce
    * load of washing
    * Spanish (rubber) chicken pie for tea with lo veg ;)
    * playing with toys, relaxing, reading book, knitting
    * clean upstairs
    * continue with working on 2018 plans/goals
    * put beetroot in the oven
    * check onepoll

Ok that's all. Have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

Slinking back in after being awol for a while, things are still pretty rubbish but I'll get through it after all what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Organise Calendar -
    DIY Pamper session -
    Bank all change from DS moneys box -
    Ironing -
    Strip bed and remake -
    Sort/Tidy cupboards and start shopping list -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Luckyphone, Luckybob, FPL -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I have/will:

1. Checked online banking
    2. NSD
    3. Put batteries in my digital radio to save electric (currently listening to radio 2)
    4. Check for surveys and bzzagent
    5. Meals from stores
    6. Home physio exercises
    7. Netflix
    8. Read free kindle book
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,121 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    No spending today except for mr f popping out for a tub of spread as we'd run out. Am a bit achey today.....I need a big surgery....so am planning to sit with a hot water bottle & read my book. A nice way to spend the afternoon & free!
    Today's small things:
    *Laundry chores....done on as economical a programme as I can get away with. Washer reloaded for half price overnight wash.
    *Make bread - on its 2nd proving.
    *mr f had leftover Epic Man Stew from the freezer for his lunch.
    *Took down all the Christmas decs & packed away carefully for next year. Left an unspectacular wreath out as am going to give Mum some fir cones & spare baubles & ask her to re-make it.
    *Dropped yesterday's Ziffit sales off for collection.
    *Did a survey.
    *Decanted cheapy bubble bath into nice unusual witchy bottle I received as a Christmas gift.
    *Moved ornaments/plant/candles around for a bit of a new look without a spend.
    *Mended 2 items.
    *Paid 2 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Tonight's meal will be the rest of the lasagne cooked yesterday & ice creams we had forgotten buying.
    *Returned £10 to Leisure/Entertainment Piggy as our new year"s eve curry cost a bit less than I anticipated.
    Not a stonking day, but as we all know, the little things add up.
    Ziggy - how lovely to see you posting again. I had been hoping you were ok. There has been a Ziggy-shaped hole in this thread without your contributions x
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bagpuss741 wrote: »
    Today I have/will:

1. Checked online banking
    2. NSD
    3. Put batteries in my digital radio to save electric (currently listening to radio 2)
    4. Check for surveys and bzzagent
    5. Meals from stores
    6. Home physio exercises
    7. Netflix
    8. Read free kindle book

Yay, just managed to reach my £40 payout on Onepoll:j:j
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    Afternoon every one

Very cold and wet here

Day two of nsd

Today’s to do

Meals from store
    Check banking
    Wash on
    Work long shift

Have a good shift xxx lppxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50