The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Goodness neighbour frightened the life out of me a little while ago. She came in my door screaming there was a giant mouse in the courtyard. Went out for a look and it was a guinea pig and it was getting really cold. Wrapped it up in a warm towel and phoned DS to bring down GD's cage (hers died) Also phoned pet shop. Will take it down there tomorrow and he is going to put a photo of it in his window. Don't know if it has escaped or someone has put it out. (It is not very old as it does not look as if it is fully grown.
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    rosemac wrote: »
    Just bought the grandkids a Nintendo Wii on hot uk deals for £20. It is second hand but has a years guarantee and has been refurbished. Have got it for when they are here save them trailing their dads old one when they come down. Just need to bring their games. Dad has an Xbox now that I won and gave to him.

Brilliant rose! :T Bet your GKs will think you're the best! :A
    rosemac wrote: »
    Goodness neighbour frightened the life out of me a little while ago. She came in my door screaming there was a giant mouse in the courtyard. Went out for a look and it was a guinea pig and it was getting really cold. Wrapped it up in a warm towel and phoned DS to bring down GD's cage (hers died) Also phoned pet shop. Will take it down there tomorrow and he is going to put a photo of it in his window. Don't know if it has escaped or someone has put it out. (It is not very old as it does not look as if it is fully grown.

Oh no! Poor little guinea pig. Thank goodness you got to it in
    time before it froze to death. :eek: I'm hoping that it just
    escaped - rather than someone deliberately putting the poor
    little creature out to fend for itself. :(

Hopefully someone will come forward. xx

Alfie xxx :p
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • rosemac
    Options
    Morning peeps. Had a half decent nights sleep last night yaaaaay. Looks not to bad outside this morning. Hopefully that is the end of the wind and heavy rain. Guinea Pig still alive. Hope weather has calmed down a bit for everyone else. Need to head out around mid day so thermals are going to have to be looked out. Hope everyone is well.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    duck_holding_umbrella_rain.gif

Good Morning,
    It is bucketing down here again and set to continue until tomorrow.
    The harbour was flooding over yesterday when we walked down to the town and the sea well up the bridge and our garden is really saturated so not good. On the bright side it isn't cold here!
    Glad no-one had too much damage. Hope you get your fence sorted out indie.

Great you have rescued the Guinea pig rose. Wonder if someone got it for Xmas.

Hope everyone is well and getting back to normal. Thinking of you FF
    Good Luck to all.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    d831a320ed1b94dcde658f6cb4137d8d--happy-thursday-images-good-morning-happy-thursday.jpg

:hello: Good morning everyone

The weather is wonderfully calm here today - thank
    goodness!

Even the birdies are happy and singing away!

Apparently the sun will be peeking out from behind the
    clouds throughout the morning. soleilnuage.gif

So pleased the little Guinea Pig is still thriving this
    morning rose. :)

Have a lovely and lucky day all and please take care
    whatever your plans.

Thinking of you fire**fly. :A

8bb269d744b594b1491d3d69618e2d7c--free-hugs-big-hugs.jpg

Alfie xxx happyflower.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ho Alfie I will look into the bird watching day and talk to DS about it too.

We were lucky yesterday no rain when we picked GS up from school and it was mild. DD1 has no heating since Sunday and stayed here beginning of the week but had to be home to take GS to school yesterday. The engineer is coming between 11 to 1 today so DH is going over there.

Your rain sounds bad Sheils. So hope it is better today. love your pic.

Indie hope your fence isn't too bad and you have your car working again.

Rose had to smile at your neighbour but it was no fun for the guniea pig. great you rescued it. Lets hope someone claims it.

Thinking of you Firefly.

Very dark here this morning.

Take care everyone.
  • rosemac
    Options
    Goodness as usual was up earlier this morning when it was fine. It has bucketed down most of the day. It is now really cold (turned heating up) Guinea pig is now living in the lap of luxury lol. It is now eating and has his/her photo in a shop window. Hopefully it will be ok. GD wants it if we do not find an owner. She has not seen it yet but DS has agreed.
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Aww Rose hope someone comes forward for GP, but at least if not will go to a lovely family, I really love the teddybear ones! Have you tried animal search uk they seem to be the biggest for lost pets , or not sure if on facebook but posting in local groups sometimes helpful x Well done on Nintendo wii!

Leanfun yay for birdys! I so mss living in the countryside used to get all sorts including an albino squirral and all 3 types of woodpecker (less/greater spotted and green) But then we often ended up with cows/sheep in the garden when the field fence blew down hence why i am quite good at herding now lol:rotfl:

sheils..hope the weather calms down for you, :( ot so bad here , no rain but very strong random gusts of wind.

Hi to all I missed. Didn't sleep well at all last night, just wasn't tired least I finished a book , but then tossed and turned until 4 zzz. Tonight will be the night, I have my calms and I am ready!

Have a good day chat soon x
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • rosemac
    Options
    mummy know about the ZZZ it is horrible when you you cant sleep or only have a few hours. She had a teddy bear one lol long sticky up hair (like a punk lol) Hopefully we can find the owner but if not she/he will have a good home.
  • rosemac
    Options
    sorry mummy have not tried animal research but will do. Thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business