Options

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning ,

Glad you had a good holiday Leanfun30.
    Sun is shining here today, so some washing will go on the line.

Need to be in work a little earlier today.
    After work some cleaning needs to be done. Only today and tomorrow then a weeks holiday, as it is half term.

Have a good day
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Back home for little while. Enjoyed our Highland break although I am always amazed how many foreign visitors they get. I quite often feel we are the only British visitors in places!
    Managed to see Ds3 for 10mins on way home. Gleneagles is really busy so all chefs are hands on today even doing jobs like peeling veg as the KPs can't cope. Wanted to take him his birthday present as he didn't make it home this year. Rushed down town to vote when we got back - walked as it was such a lovely afternoon. Sun is still shining away.

Glad you had a good time leanfun. Agree it can be difficult picking from strange menus. I quite often fancy what DH has ordered when I see it.

Hope everyone has a great half term when it comes. We only have Bank Holiday Monday here in Scotland as our kids have exams in May because of the earlier summer holidays. Always thought it was a nice time to have off especially if going abroad.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning

Think ancient lappy has finally given up the ghost. Tried to post
    yesterday, but he wasn’t having any of it. After struggling for
    hours I eventually gave up.

I can use iPad for comping but dislike using it for posting. Have
    a lovely day all and will pop in when I can, hopefully (eventually)
    with a new lappy.

Take care

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Lovely Sunny day here. Also last day at work for a week.

AlfieBlue I hope you get your laptop sorted out soon. Maybe you will have some luck and win a new one.

After work I will visit my mom and then a quick pop to the shops.

Have a good day
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Challenges

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, glad you had a good break, leanfun and sheils. You certainly had the weather for it. I had a busy day yesterday, son had his op then nephew dropped in for a visit then had to go food shopping. The op went ok, he had some biopsys taken and has a mild form of Crohns so at last we are getting somewhere. The biopsys will take 4-6 weeks to come back so we will have to wait and see what they say. I need to pop out and get some wood glue later as cupboard in kitchen need repairing.Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning cooler here today but still bright.

Sheils great you enjoyed the highlands. Would love to be going there again.

I Love Comps hope you enjoy your week off work.

Indie so pleased there is some movement on a diagnosis for your DS but not so good to hear Crohns do hope it is extremely mild. Hope you have managed to repair your cupboard. You sound very busy.

Alfie sorry your laptop has finally given up. Hope you still pop in. Not seen any laptop comps lately but you never know.

Bedmaking and shopping here. Although we do have a freezer full of food. We just need fresh food ready for DD2 coming.

Good luck all.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Been a nice sunny day here but bit windy. All our washing is dry though.
    Going to have a quiet week here. All my family busy working all week .
    Poor DD finished her placement and got away a bit early so she could work at the fish restaurant at 4.30pm and got held up in holiday traffic. She only just got back in time so wouldn't have time to walk her dog or eat. Just as well I managed to walk her dog earlier. Think her BF would be home before 7pm though.

Hope your DS is ok indie.

Alfie I hope you find a nice new lappy.

Sounds like you are going to be busy again leanfun.

Enjoy your holiday I Love Comps.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning dull here this morning.

Just last minute things to do here before DD2 comes tonight.

Midweek I had a WEM that only had a heading didn’t say I’d won but when I looked up the sender it was from Older is Wiser and after contacting them I’ve won a cycle scarf
    From here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5990755&highlight=buff+coolnet+uv+neckwear

I also wrote an email to the person who sent the WEM about the night in hotel win thanking them and saying we enjoyed it. From reply I don’t think many say thank you as was recently said in other posts on here.

Yesterday I had a phone call from a friend who lives in the Lancashire. Her mother aged 91 died this month after being very ill this year. They had been caring for her in her own home until just over two week before she died when she was hospitalised and then transferred to a nursing home. My friend had been very upset that they could not have her back in her own home. However the nursing home was so good my friend could not praise them enough.
    She was telling me that everything was straight forward dealing with her mother’s affairs. Except she wanted to be buried with her husband and apparently the plot had been bought by her grandfather and the law changed recently and the plot had to go through grand father’s estate. This meant forms had to be agreed by three relatives and one went on holiday. Fortunately it was only for a week and she now has funeral arranged.

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you are doing.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon
    I was working this morning,Went to another home i haven't been to in a few years and the girls remembered me.lol. None of the same nurses there but people are always moving on in the industry. It's another beautiful day here and very warm.Well done on the wins leanfun.Sorry to hear about your friends mum, glad to hear the care home was nice and supportive to all concerned.
    I am just catching up with comps now, hope you all have a good weekend.
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Well done on your win leanfun30

Going dull and overcast weather wise here.

Yesterday my daughter came up just for the one night. It is my birthday today, we are off out later for a meal.

Have a good day

My Challenges

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure