Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Here's hoping for a better July then May/June were
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a positive & fruitful July.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Watching a recorded escape to the Chateau then going to bed.
    Thought I had a can of gin and tonic in the fridge but was disappointed. Maybe I didn't buy it afterall.?
    Never mind, back to the diet tomorrow anyway.
    Dgd changed her mind about growing her hair for charity and so I cut about 6" off of the length.
    It's still down to her shoulder blades though.
    Biggest has asked me to babysit the dog next weekend. At her house not at mine as he would chew the legs off of all my furniture.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo, I'm sure you already know this, but cranberry juice is excellent for easing cystitis. Also, regarding DGD's glasses - can you take out insurance cover so if she breaks or loses them they can be replaced?

I really hope things start to settle for you this month and ou can enjoy your much needed holiday xx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I had an "angry" day yesterday.
    I was unhappy about trying to fit in dog care and in the end said no. Upset Biggest, felt guilty and awful, but still angry enough to say no.
    Struggled to focus at work, but at the end of the day downloaded an app that did spreadsheets, put my jobs on it.
    Printed it off this morning and felt in better control, although I didn't manage to keep to my timings, but with some delegations to the other Seamstress I did clear today's schedule. But I am not sewing tonight, I will work in the evening at home tomorrow.
    The day is going to see Mum.
    Diary is getting a bash as I tried to turn my frown upside down etc.
    I know I have to sort myself out.
    Saying No is still a difficult one for me.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am pleased that you said no to the dog sitting :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Thankyou x
    Good night all.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am pleased that you said no to the dog sitting :)

So am I! :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    edited 4 July 2018 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Morning, you can tell that I didn't sleep well by the time of my last post.

Today is my day off, so I am going to be.busy doing housework, before I go to see my Mum at Lunchtime. I have to fit my food shopping in so that I stop popping into the Express Shop on the way home.
    I still have work to do this evening that I brought home as I didn't do it all in the day, and if I want to keep up with the work then tonight I will have to sew.

Next week I should be having the new lady start, and hopefully I will have less work to bring home and can concentrate on the accounts, the social media and creating the extra sales of things that will make the difference in the profit margins.

It is too early in the plans to reduce the stock yet, we still need to keep the threads and the hemlines stock replacement going. Although selling off the fabric remnants really needs to be focused on.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    A relaxing start to the day after Dgd went to School I had a bath, the did the vacuum, cleaned the kitchen, did a couple of wash loads. Washed the car. Went to Mum, took her shopping at Aldi. She's very frail. It was a slow walk, and she had to use her inhaler.
    Dropped off some baby clothes for Biggest and collected a bag of boys clothes for a friend's grandchild.
    Home for a late lunch, and Dgd coming home.
    Popped to work to drop off a roll of fabric and bring back a matteress roll, nipped to the post office to post a book to Twin2 and a letter. Home again now to put my feet up until time to cook dinner.
    Dgd has been snacking so isn't hungry yet.
    Time for a bit of my Portuguese on my kindle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure