First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Mooloo! Have you still not seen a GP? :(
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mooloo

Fruit and barley water helps with cystitis also if your having scented baths or your wearing thongs that can cause it. Xx
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo I have just checked the box of treatment sachets I keep in case of emergency, and as I thought, it says that if you still have symptoms after taking the full course you should consult a doctor.
    Please, please, do, or you will end up with a bad kidney infection :( Taking painkillers will not clear it up.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    90 quid for kids glasses :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    They are £157 without the voucher!
    Her eyesight has deteriorated rapidly in the last 9 months, to double the strength of her current glasses, so she now needs varied focal ones.

I will just have to find the money. I will possibly have to put it on the credit card and pay it off in a few instalments, like her school trip.
    With all the extra work I have done this month, at least the business is out of the overdraft for a whole month now and when I pay the wages and rent there will still be some in the bank, ready to go towards the stock I purchased this month.
    I shouldn't need any further stock for several months, Except zips, we always need to buy zips as never got exactly the length we need. I have hundreds of zips too!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey. That is a big before..
    I have never heard of a child with varifocals
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2018 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Me neither! DGS (11) has needed glasses for short-sightedness since he was three, but he only has single-vision lenses. His most recent pair did cost a bit though, as they have designer frames. He does look really good in them though.

ETA It sounds as if Mooloo's DGD must have a particular type of eye condition if she's needing varifocals at such a young age. What a wonderful invention they are! .

Mooloo I hope you're feeling better x
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I hope that she doesn't loose them or sit on them like the last three pairs she had.!!
    Taken some time out to relax with friends, sit in the shade and chill. Mind you they are having a bbq this evening, so that's my diet broken.
    Back to vegetables and salad tomorrow then!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Ps. Yes I am beginning to feel much better. Drinking water.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you're beginning to feel a bit better Mooloo . Just keep an eye on things and do see the Dr if it doesn't clear . Lots of water will help flush the infection away but with this heat you'll need to drink a lot .
    Does dgd have a hard case for her glasses ? It's worth getting one if not . Pocket money fines can be useful if she doesn't take care of her expensive glasses . I learned that many years ago with dd 2 .
    Lest I should melt I'll send positive vibes for the week ahead . Let's hope it's trouble free .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport