PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all x
    So far I have....
    5 bags of rubbish flung
    All borrowed plates, cutlery, chairs and the like bagged up ready to be returned/collected
    Washed up, dried and put away
    Cooker top scrubbed
    Bunkers scrubbed
    Floor swept
    Every scented burner in the house on and windows opened
    2x washing machine
    1x winterdyke
    LR Decluttered
    General tidy up done
    Hoovered including moving the furniture
    My wardrobe emptied and rearranged nicely
    Work clothes looked out for tomorrow

Ex phoned to ask me to show him how to do a bank transfer I said no problem just come down. He then proceeds to have a full scale go at me and turn everything around so it's poor old him. So I told him to leave, cue me sitting on the floor in a heap sobbing. Then DS1 is on the phone wanting to know why I've started on his dad because he's so upset. I just give in so I do. Can't do right for doing wrong. Off to track down some chocolate to make me feel better.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Busy_granny
    Options
    Hello all fly ladies and happy new year.Thank you for all the threads,they are great.This Year has started badly here.A tree was chopped down today and the men have left without putting the washing line back.Then we smelt gas and the engineer said that the hob was leaking gas,so he had to turn off heating and the hob.It is under guarantee so the man should come tomorrow.If not,I shall miss my book club for nothing.Never mind,Christmas was lovely.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I don't think I'd feel comfortable joining the weight loss thread - too many peeps there I don't know. Deffo feel happier keeping it Flylady.

Me too. People posting on other threads scare me. I'm a big wimp really.

Hi FFP, nice you're back posting, but sorry that the ex is being......ex-Ish.

Mrs MP - that sounds horrible. Please go to the doctor we don't want you falling again.

List posted this morning done, toaster and microwave cleaned. Unsuccessful school shoe shopping trip, but we have found "the ones", I now have to order them online as they didn't have DD's size.. Which was what I wanted to do in early December. :mad: Still whilst waiting for her to try jeans on, I did write my list for this aftenoon. Good use of time!

Christmas is in the process of leaving this house. It seems to be taking me forever, but it will be gone by this evening. Beef is in the sc for dinner, and the remaining veg in the fridge will be used up then. I resisted going in and buying anything other than milk today, so that everything lurking is used up first. Fruit bowl has been revitalised from the fridge, so we are getting there. I have also resorted to hiding the butter in the fridge (yes, I know that I know it's there, but humour me!) so that I'm not tempted to resort to bread and butter, which is my absolute downfall. I don't want to be thrown out of the slinkies before I've begun!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lol Fayolle... I ate a whole battenburg and a tub of quality street in the interests of 'decluttering'.. and had tomato soup for dinner.. now, I could eat a whole farm of animals I am ravenous!

Arrived at 'you-know-where' ... noone deaded yet!!

Need nail glue.. I've broken 2 today and my appointment is not until the 12th!! My nail lady is a slacker haha!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Options
    Ironing is done and away, it took ages but did include all my holiday stuff.
    Expenses are done, just got to pay them now

Rolls for my work lunc hbought...........
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been shopping, fetched S from school but wasn't able to get drugs from pharmacy so will do that tomorrow. Nice easy tea - sweet and sour chicken. Been very organised and tomorrow's load of washing has been sorted so will pop it in first thing before I go to the stables to sort Huck out (go 3 days a week). The wind is picking up here; hate it.

FFP sorry to hear about ex .... men eh.

Pigpen I love your method of decluttering!

Kaz well done on getting ironing done.

Fayolle what a pain re shoes .... at least you're a bit closer to getting them now than you were!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Options
    FFP.. he is just doing what they all do.. trying to make himself out the victim.. next time he rings wanting help with something say no.. you CAN say no.. you are strong enough to do this.. You owe him nothing, nothing at all!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    So today has been manic. DH phoned me this morning to say someone has run into the back of him. No-one hurt, but van a mess. So this morning was lost to dealing with insurance etc whilst kiddies had to watch the iPad as I couldnt deal with them at the same time!

Since then - Asda trip done, bottle bank visited, car washed (not by me, the nice local man!), post office visited to send ebay parcels, and chicken in oven. Took kiddies to McDs earlier but resisted anything :A

Also paid off Very account and sent them a letter asking them to close it down. Off to read the meters and submit those!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2018 at 5:50PM
    Options
    FFP (((hugs)))

Been to town. Needed glasses fixing. Lady said it looked strained and irreparable - actually was broken screw, repaired and buffed up FOC.
    Needed foundation - went in Boots, almost used debit card but checked advantage card balance *almost swooned* more than enough. Then went in WHSm1ths. Got xmas cards in sale - 2 packs of 30 for 99p a pack and got a notebook, and some fancy post it notes (which, obviously I needed)and 30 thankyou cards and spent less than a £5!

Swung by tescos and got a huge piece of stilton and apricot (DS likes fruity cheese) for £1

will keep the challenges on here
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Cheeky_Girrrl
    Options
    Not till tomorrow though as it’s still a holiday here in Scotland - hope all had a cracking festive period
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure