PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like a great shopping trip, Valli. May try something similar myself tomorrow (I need a facial scrub and stationery, obviously ;) ), but without the cheese, as we still have lots. Meat would be good, though.
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Well spag bol made and decluttered, washed up again.
    52 week challenge bank found and pennies put in it.
    DD now messing up the bathroom in the name of beauty :rotfl:
    Sandwiches made for work tomorrow
    Work bag out of the cupboard emptied of gibble just about to refill it with stuff I might actually need.

Piggers I've been trying to keep things friendly for the weans sake but it's just not going to work. It was my deluded way of thinking so I'm just cutting him completely off. Unless I need to speak to him regarding the wean I'm not answering his calls and I'm not letting him back in this house. The full point of me leaving was so that we felt safe and secure and I'm sure as hell he's not taking that from me. Can you tell I've gave myself a talking to? :D
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • katto
    katto Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    My first day:
    S&S Kitchen - done
    Empty out bins - done
    Wipe/scrub sink - later
    Straighten up cushions/covers/displaced toys etc.. - done
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it - done
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas - done
    Clear anything that shouldn't be where it is..maybe the Christmas tree if don’t want to wait till 12th night - done
    Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl – do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour? - done and have done nice parsnip soup finished as a bonus.

Feeling more accomplished than usual!
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Clothes ironed for tomorrow
    Showered
    Jammies on
    A wee half hour of telly and then I'm off to bed
    Will be in tomorrow after work_pale__pale_
    Night all sleep well
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Evening all, I am just updating my list and then getting an early night. The past week has been late nights and early morning so starting to feel it.

Monday - New Year's Day

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room
    Wipe/scrub sink
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Dust anything above eye level (if safe to do so)
    Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl – do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if the baked Camembert is in the diet plan. But YUM. Great YS haul today.

Listed 1 more item. Any tips for photographing clothes when I can’t model them?

Tomorrow I go back into routine mode. Even though I’m not working I need to keep to a routine or it all goes to hell.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Princess_Money_Penny
    Options
    Well done ladies good work :) I'm sort of getting the hang of this! Diet is none existent as I'm still 'decluttering' the mountain of chocolate the kids got for xmas. Think I'm going to end up doing all the lists a day late as I only really log on in the evenings
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Back to work today. Productive there but not so much at home. Dogs have been idiots and made more mess for me to clean up. They like to protest at me. I’ve managed to get in at nearly 8, deal with the mess they made, make teas then collapse in a heap. I’ll get the washer on before bed. Oh I did the bins. Need to suss which bin is due tomorrow. Might see if a child can help empty DW. Tended to OHs greatuncle, I think his dads been on the phone to him as after ‘I’ll see you tolorrow’ He’s phoned to say he’ll muddle on on his own and have a ready meal to save us the hassle. Well I’m no good at doing as I’m told!

Large hugs where needed .... I’ll be back later if I don’t nod off on the sofa
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Went to zumba.
    Continued decluttering piles of paper in the lounge; a considerable improvement.
    Continued deleting emails. A way to go, but improving.
    Nearly finished another report.
    Watched an acrobatic rat climb up the bird feeder and get a mixed diet of sunflower hearts, peanuts and fat blocks. Fairly cute really as long as he doesn't come inside and start chewing stuff.
    Put all today's meals on mfp and am 5 calories inside. That includes devouring some of the Xmas goodies.
    Checked bank account and filled in a few invoices/receipts.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:27AM
    Options
    Great first day, katto.

My list is quite short, but our loft bedroom ideally needs more than a HHC and I have other things I need to do this week, including flying at work. My classroom is in a bit of a mess.

Monday - New Year's Day

Schedule time with DS2 and his calendar
    Hoover any areas in dire need
    S&S toilets and sinks if required

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room

Wipe/scrub sink
    Check stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing

[STRIKE]wash bed linen[/STRIKE] - changed bedding on Tuesday
    HH tidy
    3 acts of kindness
    27 fling boogie time