Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good loss poohsticks:T. Hope the manflu clears up soon.

TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Morning all
    Bit sore today as fell over yesterday on the !!!!!!! ice :mad: lovely bruised arm going a nice colour today :D
    It's just as well that purple is your favourite colour then!:D:rotfl:

Been a tough week work wise as had an observation by senior management and also had the education psychologist in. Good thing about her is she backed me up by saying his nibs is too close to me and sees me in a parenting role. So recommends he works less with me :T will see what happens :D

That's great news! Don't just wait to see what happens. Go and see management and say you welcome the EP's advice as the full time responsibility for him, year on year is making you anxious.:)

Hope the black dog bu**ers off PDQ MrsR. That's another NSV for you with the jacket and the bra size!:T

Saturday, when we don't have a home game. is usually my time for pottering in the kitchen with the radio. I'm down to just one HM ready meal in the freezer and want to prep tomorrow's food as we're out a lot but I don't want to miss my roast.:drool:

I've not been to group since before Christmas but have there been many comments about changing the syn values of things? I noticed this week that the Amoy noodles that were always free now have some syns in them. It's not a new recipe as far as I'm aware.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, baked beans, HEA milk
    L: smoked trout, stir fry veg and maybe fried potato
    D: Lamb Rogan Josh (1.5), HM pilau, SW chips
    Syns: curry, weekend wine:j

I didn't have any booze last night after all. I'm out during the week so wanted to start the week ahead.:)
  • maman
    Options
    Can anyone point me to that bra measuring site that was posted on here? Thought I’d saved it :(
    Just tried a few and none of them agree :rotfl: goes from 34DDD to 36F :rotfl:

I think this is it tie.

http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bra-size-calculator/

We've not seen tete for a while.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    You have not failed!!!!

Says the winner..... :T:T:T:T:T

But my journey continues!
    Can anyone point me to that bra measuring site that was posted on here? Thought I’d saved it :(
    Just tried a few and none of them agree :rotfl: goes from 34DDD to 36F :rotfl:

I know the feeling, if I cough the wrong way they fall out!
    maman wrote: »
    I think this is it tie.

Thanks I will have to do this before I get new bras for the holidays - I am going to wait and ensure I hold my boobs in place when I cough until then!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    I think this is it tie.

I know you asked about measuring yourself but if you have a Bravissimo or a Rigby and Peller near you it is well worth treating yourself to a fitting and one bra there. You can then buy more in the same size online if you want to be MSE.

I was measured properly about 10 years ago when I was slimmer than I am now. I was at the time wearing a 36C bra and I often chose M and S minimiser bras because I had this matronly bosom! I was astonished to be fitted with a 32E and to realise I had a really pert shapely bust which was smaller than it had seemed in the wrong size bra. It changed my whole silhouette and made me look overall at least a dress size smaller.

Because places like M and S and the other chain stores don't stock a lot of big cup sizes, the fitters there are all trained to measure everyone with bigger band sizes and smaller cup sizes than they need (because the volume is the same) but getting the ratio spot on is transformative (though it may take a few days to get used to wearing a tighter band).
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    maman My consultant mentioned that the mugshots are now synned but she also said if you've been losing before eating them then that's not going to change just because they now have syns. She's not going to syn them herself and said it was up to us what we do about it. Personally, I believe they are now synned to make people aware of how much they are using them. I know a girl who has at least 2 a day on top of her three meals. That's going a bit over board with it. I can also see muller lights getting synned down the line too. There's people who eat 6 a day because they're free! That's going to impact on weight losses.

SP here again today. Have a massive pot of speed soup bubbling away. I'll be eating it for most of the week :rotfl:

Congrats to all the losers and hugs to those who are struggling :)
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.

That's the site I used a little while back to measure myself. It came up with 34F but I'd urge anybody using it to try bras on in the size it gives and then adjust. I found a 34 band very tight so I'm wearing 36E now - comfortable and a far better shape.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Well Maman your good vibes obviously worked as I am very pleased to report a -3.5 lbs!

So the swimming works - who’d have guessed.

Didn’t go this morning as after the conversation with the in laws last night both of us felt the need for a drink which turned into two which resulted in a very late night but will go tomorrow first thing.

Look after yourself Mrs R & Jay.

I keep meaning to go to Aldi as I really fancy a curry and I’d like to get some meatballs but at the same time, operation empty freezer is still in progress. Perhaps next week.

Not sure what’s on the menu tonight but it will be eaten after taking the dog in an extended walk to up the exercise tally
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Just popping in quickly to update with food plan for the day (having a bit of a lazy one as I have more revision to do...)

Brunch - 2 LM Red Onion and Rosemary sausages, 2 boiled eggs, mushrooms, red onion
    Dinner - Fajita mix (chicken, peppers, red onion, spices), HEB wrap, HEA reduced fat cheddar
    Snack - Christmas truffle (5 syns), mugshot if I need it
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    108_B1373-54_A0-4_E6_A-_A9_B0-5867_E40350_E8.png

85492_DCE-3_B4_F-4085-8_E05-69_EE749_D0_EC1.png

From a Facebook syn group
  • maman
    edited 20 January 2018 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Well done on your loss gettingtheresometime :Tand thanks for the info.
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    maman My consultant mentioned that the mugshots are now synned but she also said if you've been losing before eating them then that's not going to change just because they now have syns. She's not going to syn them herself and said it was up to us what we do about it. Personally, I believe they are now synned to make people aware of how much they are using them. I know a girl who has at least 2 a day on top of her three meals. That's going a bit over board with it. I can also see muller lights getting synned down the line too. There's people who eat 6 a day because they're free! That's going to impact on weight losses.

That makes complete sense to me. I've never fancied a mug shot but I do much prefer straight to wok noodles compared with dried as a change from rice or pasta. At most, I have them once a week so I think I'll just be aware. I wonder whether I can ignore the extra syns they stuck on wine??:D

Nicki wrote: »
    I know you asked about measuring yourself but if you have a Bravissimo or a Rigby and Peller near you it is well worth treating yourself to a fitting and one bra there. You can then buy more in the same size online if you want to be MSE.

I was measured properly about 10 years ago when I was slimmer than I am now. I was at the time wearing a 36C bra and I often chose M and S minimiser bras because I had this matronly bosom! I was astonished to be fitted with a 32E and to realise I had a really pert shapely bust which was smaller than it had seemed in the wrong size bra. It changed my whole silhouette and made me look overall at least a dress size smaller.

Because places like M and S and the other chain stores don't stock a lot of big cup sizes, the fitters there are all trained to measure everyone with bigger band sizes and smaller cup sizes than they need (because the volume is the same) but getting the ratio spot on is transformative (though it may take a few days to get used to wearing a tighter band).

I agree. I go to an independent shop to be measured and buy just the one. Then I look regularly in TKMaxx :money:to buy more but you have to try them on. What annoys me is that so many bras are padded in one way or another which for most sizes just isn't necessary. I keep soft tshirt bras for under jumpers but when I want a really streamlined shape I have a couple of unpadded (very expensive) ones.

I bought this dress:
    http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/velvet-floral-print-plunge-dress-6920973

It's a very small 12 and without a good bra I'd be falling out of it!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure