Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I must admit Maman you’re a lot braver than me wearing that dress!

I would love to be able to wear something like this, but it would show 3/4 of my bra!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It would show off my truely dire legs~shudder.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone. Got back from holiday in the early hours this morning. Had a few hours sleep. Rest of day has been shopping and washing - the worst part of a holiday. The weather was great but won't be going back to The Gambia.

Weighed myself this morning as knew I'd definitely put on weight - haven't actually weighed since before Christmas! Looks as though I've put on about 1/2 stone! Straight back on plan today!

Brunch - SW fry up
    Dinner - HM thai green curry with rice. It's from the new Tom Kerridge book - Lose Weight for Good. I haven't got the book but this recipe was in a magazine. Have to say it was a lovely curry with plenty of Speed.

HEA - 1% milk
    HEB - 2 Alpen Light

It's good to have some decent food! Everything at the hotel was bland and cold! The only hot food was the omelettes I had for breakfast because they were cooked to order.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see you back denise . I know that feeling of putting on half a stone on holiday.:eek:

Glad you enjoyed the sunshine and good on you getting straight back on plan. :T

I've been watching the Tom Kerridge programme. It's really good.

Thanks all for the comments about my dress. :)
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2018 at 12:37AM
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed The Gambia Denise. We went about 20 years ago and thought the sea and countryside was beautiful (not the towns though where the poverty was very shocking)

We were out for dinner with old friends tonight so had no control over the menu but fortunately it was a roast so shouldn't have been too bad. I was over syns again though but I've been good all week so if I stay under 9 for next 3 days I should still come in under for the whole week

Breakfast: one slice wholemeal toast, Light butter honey
    Lunch: chicken, rice, sweetcorn
    Dinner: one tonic water, roast pork and trimmings, mincemeat Bakewell tart with vanilla ice cream, 2 chocolate truffles, coffee. (No alcohol as doing Dry January)

I'm guesstimating 30 syns for the day and have had HEA and HEB
  • joedenise
    Options
    Didn't really enjoy the Gambia to be honest. One week would have been enough really as there wasn't much to do in the area we were staying. Great if you just want to lay in the sun but we don't really do that, we like to get out and see a bit of the country. We weren't shocked by the poverty as we were expecting that and it's similar to Goa where we've been a few times. Absolutely hated being hassled by the locals whenever we left the hotel!

Today's going to be another on plan day:

B - SW fry up; 1 slice WM bread & light butter (0.5 HEB + 1.5)
    L - jacket potato; LO thai green curry (not synning as synned full portion last night)
    D - roast pork, roast potatoes, roasted carrots, onions & peppers; mashed swede, cabbage, splash of gravy (0.5)
    S - 1 Alpen light (0.5 HEB)

HEA - 1% milk
    HEB - 1 slice bread; 1 Alpen Light
    Syns - tsp light butter 1.5; gravy 0.5

Keeping syns low this week as would have had quite a few at the end of the holiday (my week is Thurs - Wednesday).

Would really like to lose as much as possible this week so no alcohol syns! Best loss I've ever had is 1.5lb so could take a while to lose my Christmas, New Year & holiday weight!!!

Denise
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Morning all

Got over my fit of pique on Friday; I had a Nature Valley bar (9 Syns).

Yesterday's plan was:

B - Bacon medallions with two fried eggs, mush and toms
    L - Baked oats with banana, raspberries, blueberries and grapes
    D - Chicken curry. This was made with a Java curry pasta. I used 84 grams and it made three separate meals, so 28 grams per meal. I have no idea how many Syns this is, but it's similar to the Mayflower one, so I am counting 4 syns. It was cooked with onions, carrots, mushrooms, peas, sweet potato and butternut squash.

Today is not going to be as good; my son brought home a HUGE Arancini ball and I intend to enjoy every bite.

Have a good Sunday, all.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,900 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

WI yesterday morning and I had put on 1lb (not a surprise as I came on yesterday as well). Fell off the wagon yesterday as well.

Need to get those few extra pounds off to get back into target range, I am determined.

This cold weather doesn't help much, as it just makes me want to eat more.

It's snowing here in Brum as well (really wet stuff though). :snow_grin
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • joedenise
    Options
    Abbafan - get the slow cooker or pressure cooker out and cook up some hearty stews - great food for this miserable cold weather. Could always just do it in a saucepan or casserole dish in the oven if you don't have SC or PC.

Will definitely help lose those few pounds you need to get back to target range.

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    4.5 lbs off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts