Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Today's going to be a bit of a back-to-front kind of day! Main meal at lunchtime as DD2 and partner are visiting and don't want to be too late getting home.

Today's plan:

B - bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans
    L - roast gammon, roast potatoes, roasted veg (carrots, onions, courgettes, peppers); green beans, mashed swede & peas
    D - not sure but probably butternut squash soup; slice of bread (0.5 HEB)

HEA - 1% milk
    HEB - bread (0.5); either crackers or rye cakes (0.5)
    Syns - Laughing Cow extra light 1; butter (for mashed swede) 1; maybe a G&T or 2 this evening!

Denise
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Had a fabulous meal at a Syrian restaurant last night - overall I don't think it was too synful. The meats were grilled (in view), no added syns there, so oil in dressings, a tiny piece of Halloumi and a small flatbread was about the sum of it. Oh and two gins beforehand. :)However just in case, I'm aiming for a very low syn day today. I will get to target!

B Berries and yoghurt
    L Just eating breakfast so may not bother
    D HM beefburgers SW chips and salad

Have a good day.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Am well chuffed to report a -2lb today. Haven’t been swimming as I think I’m going down with a cold and have been tired & achy all week - though that didn’t get me off dog walking duties lol.

The only thing I can think of that might have helped is I’ve been doing SW in conjunction with watching how many calories I’ve been eating and actually logging syns & calories.

I doubt very much that the fact that I’ve also been eating popcorn (cooked from kernels) helped - though I found that once I’d eaten my portion, I felt fuller than if I’d eaten the syn equivalent in crisps.

Weather is awful here ...so at the moment curled up on the settee, with mutt, watching the Olympics before watching the rugby.

I’m not sure what’s on the menu food wise yet - hubby is talking about a curry so a visit to Aldi may be in order ( hubby tried the lamb Rogan Josh this week & he was impressed as well!)
  • lightbulb0811
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    -2lb for me today. I've been rubbish at keeping up with the thread and posting meals, time just seems to run away! Today's plan is:

B: Wholemeal toast 9HEB), beans, mushrooms, poached egg and a potato scone (3 syns)
    L: HM Lentil Soup
    D: Chicken Curry.

I've a couple of tubs of SW chip shop curry sauce in the freezer, has anyone used this in a chicken curry? If so did it taste okay? I've also bought some Mayflower sauce for the first time so I could use this instead although this would have syns. Thanks in advance x
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,843 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've a couple of tubs of SW chip shop curry sauce in the freezer, has anyone used this in a chicken curry? If so did it taste okay? I've also bought some Mayflower sauce for the first time so I could use this instead although this would have syns. Thanks in advance x

bubbs has and it looked great - see picture in post #1449 and ingredients in post #1469
  • lightbulb0811
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    bubbs has and it looked great - see picture in post #1449 and ingredients in post #1469

Brilliant - thanks , i'll have a look :j
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T to gettingthere, lightbulb, nicki and poohsticks on your losses.

I think it's a good idea to change your target nicki and then when you get to the new higher one have a rethink from there. It's good that you can fit into a 12 but although I'm not slavish with BMI, it is a good guide to a healthy weight as are the height/weight charts.

joedenise wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with SSM. You're only 70 once. You've got the rest of the week to rein it back!

Denise

I think you did well to limit your gain to half a pound dusty! I think what matters is that you enjoyed the meal out with your family. I'd definitely recommend having whatever you fancy on special occasions although I think after a while doing SW we gravitate to wise choices.

Hope that whatever's encouraging your comfort eating/drinking settles down soon. :) I'd suggest tight planning as you'll probably feel worse if you lose control.:(

I just had two gins last night which is very low for a Friday evening. Unfortunately the first one was in a bar where they only sold Fever Tree tonic which has syns.:mad:

I've done my meal plan and shopping list for the week so off to Aldi soon. When I get back I'm going to cook a batch of veggie chilli. DH said he's willing to try although he did ask where the chicken was in this week's stir fry.:eek:

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB (half) toast, scrambled eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham, bubble & squeak, pickles
    D: HM pork burger, patatas bravas, mushrooms, green stuff
    Syns: HP sauce 1, alcoholic beverage of choice tbc.;)
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Gtst the popcorn from home bargains isn't bad £1 for 4. Popcorn is quite high in protein I think it is so isn't too bad in moderation. I love it as a snack, mum keeps nicking it mind and I burnt some at work the other week lol
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Gtst the popcorn from home bargains isn't bad £1 for 4. Popcorn is quite high in protein I think it is so isn't too bad in moderation. I love it as a snack, mum keeps nicking it mind and I burnt some at work the other week lol

The only place I could think of getting the kernels is Holland & Barrett so got 2kg for £4 ....so at 25g a go I think they’ll last me a while lol.

Didn’t know that they were high in protein but that would explain why I feel full after eating them.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Nicki wrote: »
    Another -3lb off this week which I'm really happy with. I've now lost 10% of my starting weight. Adding in some Body Magic has been the key for me. I'm aiming to do 10,000 steps a day and I also downloaded a beginners exercise app called Easy Does It which I've been doing daily. It's only 15-20 mins per day and is very gentle but since I started I've lost 3 inches off my waist and half an inch off each thigh.

My aim is to lose another 2 stone if I can but the clothes I was wearing two years ago when I was happier with my body (size 12s) all fit again and it's nice to have more choice when I open my wardrobe. I may in fact adjust my target upwards because although my BMI is still too high for my height I probably don't want to drop more than one more dress size.

Great loss & well done on club 10 :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure