No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone :)

One UU this morning:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturiser 40ml WDBA and have. Replaced with the a back up from my stash.

Nothing seems to be ending this month. I'm not making much progress on my PP list this month. I should be able to finish the BHA Liquid this month though. But I can't get any hot water to run out of the taps, it's warm but not hot, so I can't have a hot relaxing bath. So I can't use the bubble baths up until it's fixed :/
  • redglitters
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes!

A few INs to report, from the 70% off boots sale yesterday.
    Mostly bodycare sets as I dont seem to stash these items as much as skincare and I havent really tried much of the soap and glory stuff so will give them a go at that reduction.

Soap and glory glow ball set
    Soap and glory try your luxe set
    Sanctuary being Macademia cup with straw set
    Jack wills english rose body butter
    Dove Roll on (for my daughter)

I will start using the handcreams from the soap and glory sets as soon as I finish my roger and gallet handcream I am PP at the moment as Ive heard they seem to go off quickly! Does anyone know how long the other soap and glory body products last before they go off?
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes!

A few INs to report, from the 70% off boots sale yesterday.
    Mostly bodycare sets as I dont seem to stash these items as much as skincare and I havent really tried much of the soap and glory stuff so will give them a go at that reduction.

Soap and glory glow ball set
    Soap and glory try your luxe set
    Sanctuary being Macademia cup with straw set
    Jack wills english rose body butter
    Dove Roll on (for my daughter)

I will start using the handcreams from the soap and glory sets as soon as I finish my roger and gallet handcream I am PP at the moment as Ive heard they seem to go off quickly! Does anyone know how long the other soap and glory body products last before they go off?

To be fair, I have only ever had Hand Food go off on me. I have just opened a 500ml pump bottle of Clean on Me and this is within the 24M guideline on the bottle. Will report if the smell/consistency changes.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    75ml Boots Extracts Mango body scrub. This one smelt synthetic. I won't waste my money on these again though I still do like the butters.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hello. Haven't been on here for a little while so I thought i'd update.

I have had a few UU's:
    Finally finished Avon Care 3 in 1 face cleanser, toner, moisturiser. WNBA as I felt that it was quite weak as a moisturiser for my dry skin that I suffer with on my cheeks and I had to use a fair bit for it to sink in. I have been using it for ages as it never seemed to run out lol.

Alberto Balsam smooth and sleek Organic Argan oil & Jasmine flower shampoo. WDBA. I have used many different types of shampoo and this one was buy far the best one that I have used with my hair type. Smells lovely too.

Palmolive Naturals Almond & Milk shower cream. WBA but I have at least 6 or 7 more shower gels to use up lol. It lathered quite well and smelt pleasant. The smell lasted a little longer on my skin that others.

Passion body spray and Truth body spray. Cheap and cheerful, does the job. I always keep one in my handbag for a quick spray when needed. I have another 1 of these half used lol. WBA when I have used them all up.

However I have had 1 IN: Alberto Balsam smooth and sleek shampoo to replace the one I have used up. I don't have any shampoo in my stash so it was a necessary purchase :)

So my total is 12/62 UU for now.
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • sunny_money
    Options
    UU
    Herbal Essences daily detox conditioner 400ml
    Benefit they’re real mascara
    No7 dramatic lift mascara mini

In
    L’Or!al elvive extraordinary clay conditioner 400ml
    Rimmel Volume shake mascara
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One UU tonight and it's something off my PP list:

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 30ml WMBA. I'll probably buy another trial size to trial it as an all over exfoliant instead of using it as a spot treatment. This was nice and gentle.
  • sstevo19
    Options
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    My PP list for January is:

[STRIKE]The Body Shop Spiced Apple Body Gel-Lotion 250ml[/STRIKE]
    Avon Dark Orchid & Raspberry Bubble Bath 250ml
    Avon Chocolate & Orange Bubble Bath 500ml
    Avon Naturals Cinnamon and Cranberry Spritz 100ml
    [STRIKE] SVR Topialyse Mains Hand Cream 50ml [/STRIKE]
    Avon Naturals Milk & Honey Shower Gel 200ml
    Paula’s Choice Calm Redness Relief Normal to Dry Skin Moisturiser 60ml
    [STRIKE]Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 30ml[/STRIKE]
    Avene Eau Thermale Spray 150ml

Not much progress on my PP list this month. I should finish the shower gel and thermal water before the end of the month, hopefully.
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Hmm ok so finally making some progress this month with two more UU

Boots Essential Hair Moose extra firm hold - WMBA, looking to change up my routine though so won't buy it for a while yet
    Sunday Riley Good Genes - WNBA, disliked both the smell and texture of this and didn't think there was enough of a difference in my skin to make the price and the odd feeling on my skin worth it

Have a night away next weekend so going to raid bring some of the travel size bits in my stash with me and see if I can make some headway with those.
  • VALM
    Options
    UU
    Herbal Essences daily detox conditioner 400ml
    Benefit they’re real mascara
    No7 dramatic lift mascara mini

In
    L’Or!al elvive extraordinary clay conditioner 400ml
    Rimmel Volume shake mascara

I UU the No 7 mascara last night too. I guess you were not impressed enough to repurchase. I liked it although was a bit miffed last night as I was getting ready to go out when somed of it flaked off and fell onto my top, I put it in the wash before I went out and hope it's come out.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family