No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU

Boots The Spa Mineral Bath Soak 125ml - This was a good bubble bath, smelled very mineral-y. I have plenty of bath stuff left and don't often take baths so will stick to my stash atm.

Bomb Cosmetics Festive Fair Isle Blaster
    - This bath bomb came in a gift box for Christmas. It was lovely. I don't usually buy bath bombs so it's great to get one as a gift.

My night cream has one use left and getting stuck into my sample body butters and creams so should have even more use ups soon.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome to the thread redglitters.

How are the people on the no buy January doing? I haven't bought a single thing and don't need anything at all this month.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Corgimum
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »

How are the people on the no buy January doing? I haven't bought a single thing and don't need anything at all this month.

I haven't bought a thing! No clothes, no house stuff, no toiletries. Only petrol and food
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    doing quite well with use up/throws aways. Only thing i can think i might need is hair dye as i don't keep that many in stash. Other things might be needed as I'm finding things are bad before i can use them up :( not
    really bought stuff in years so not a surprise.

soap and glory stuff seems to last longer than sancturary spa.next to test is jack willis/ted baker
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I walked through the Boots 70% sale and bought nothing.
    I was seriously tempted by the LE special edition C&P in their shop but resisted as I have already got a pump and 7 minis in the stash.
    I did have to use up a BS voucher on my loyalty card earlier in the month but those were no cash spends.
    Finally finished a Philosophy microexfoliating facewash which I won't be buying agin due to microbeads.
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Can I please join you? I have no idea how much toiletries are in my stash, its that bad some of the items are a few years old! They are in drawers and boxes. They are all stored out of heat and light so I think they are mostly all still usable and I intend to try this year to make use of as much as I can and buy only items I have no back-ups of.
    I will start with a PP list for this month, small goals in the hope that it gives me motivation to continue.

My PP list for January :

Hugo boss woman orange edp 75ml
    Rituals Sakura body lotion 70ml
    Elemis skin bliss capsules 14
    Decleor eye cream 2.5ml
    Roger & gallet fig handcream 30ml
    Kerastase elixir cream 50ml
    Nuxe moisturiser 15ml
    Right guard deo spray pink bottle

Some of these are half used so hoping for some UU to report soon. The perfume has around 20ml left so concentrating on finishing that up, Ive had it 3-4 years!

was the same with stash .I moved house end of last year and the biggest part was all the smellies!! how does that even happen.considering how little i have bought over last few years i hate to think what the expenditure has been , even with glitches
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I have only bought 1 thing, namely 41ml Mitchum AP/Deo stick as I realised that I don't have any in my overnight bag, as my dear sis (who does most of the organising for elderly ma as she lives nearer and unlike me is in good health) works I am first port of call to stay the night at short notice if ma is ill or takes a tumble.

I always keep deo, toothbrush and paste a cleanser, toner and moisturiser in the bag at all times so I don't end up missing necessary stuff.

I have to confess to having been doing some research on The Ordinary products to see if I can find less expensive replacements as I UU products. I had 4 things in my basket, but now see I have closed the tab and lost them before I could make a note for the future. There are so many products in the range and it took me ages working out what I would need:( Perhaps that is the universe taking over to prevent me from buying ATM:rotfl::rotfl:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    UU
    50ml Lotil English Weather Cream 6/6
    IN
    41ml Mitchum AP/Deo stick 1/1

Potentially 4/6 more UU might happen, but difficult to gauge how much is left sometime:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Three INs today:

Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo 750ml
    Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Reconstructor 750ml
    Tigi Bed Head Colour Goddess Miracle Treatment Mask 200g

I've been bad and broke my No Buy. Though I am nearing the end of my current shampoo and conditioner so I want to be prepared for when it's empty. And the mask is to hopefully help my slightly damaged hair

But it's my birthday today! :)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I've bought some cotton wool pads and a bath lily. All very low in price and needed. I have placed an order with Avon today for some handwash at 1.00 x 2 for the kitchen sink which is an improvement from buying L'Occitane.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family