No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UU: Nivea Pure deodorant. Think this is my new HG. I like that I can see how much product is left. Replcement bought. I don't stash these.

We were away overnight in Newcastle last night (took Emma back to Uni). When I was applying my make up it felt like my foundation had come to an end, I haven't put any on today because I was hungover and couldn't be bothered. So will let you all know tomorrow if it's done.

As I bought replacements for the above products only recently I won't count the amounts as saved.

Am going to repaint my nails later and am planning to wear OPI Live and Let Die.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    2 more UU. Was cold so decided to have a bath. UU LUSH Milky Bath bubble bar and LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic.

I like the bubbl bars and will treat myself to some again next time I need to replace any LUSH staples.

The face mask was the free one I got for returning 5 pots. Emma had used the rest. Felt nice on but I prefer Mask of Magnaminty and of course Cup o Coffee.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sbirks23
    sbirks23 Posts: 698 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And another two unexpected just used up :rotfl:

UU
    Elemis Aromazing shampoo 30ml - Lathers well
    Elemis Revitalise me conditioner 30ml

And now 18 UU and total skincare down to 394 :j
    sbirks23 wrote: »
    Wahoo finally down to less than 400!

4 UU's and listed some items on eBay:

Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash 50ml - finally used all I can out the tube.

Elemis Pro-collagen super serum elixir 1.5ml sachet - not sure if this wasn't mixing well on my skin as seemed to roll and feel al little gritty

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream ultra rich 2ml - LOVE the smell of this and seems to suit my skin (dry in areas and congested in others with perioral dermatitis and occasional adult acne)

Molton Brown Pink peppercorn body lotion 50ml - received as a gift, it's nice but I prefer other Molton Brown scents

Decided to sell as they're still brand new and won't use:
    1. Balm Balm Rose Geranium balm 30ml
    2. Balance Me Radiance Face Oil 10ml
    3. Lancome La vie est belle 75ml
    4. 2 x Pecksniffs Alive Soap 2 x 30g
    5. Elemis revitalise me soap 30g

So from my original 426, I've UU 16, and selling or GA 14 which brings me to 396 :T

I still haven't dared to count and list all my make-up :eek:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! If helpful please thank me Won 5* holiday,£100,gym,BAFTA vip,£75,tan,soundbar,signed cookbook,tix,duplo,facewash,Bodyshop,Lindt,Prevage,Everiche,disney,dvd,supplements,perfume,Topshop makeup + other prizes :)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 15 January 2018 at 12:59AM
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    asajj - The lip oil is a funny texture to describe, so I did a little observation test for you this morning. On application it felt quite sticky on my lips, and very, very sticky if I dabbed my finger on it and also on my hand when I transferred a little there. After 15 minutes it was hardly sticky when I pressed my lips together, and after 45 minutes or so my lips felt very smooth and hydrated and not sticky. I have always hated lip glosses when my hair sticks to them, but now hair is shorter so cannot make the comparison.

Conclusion very sticky on skin, but feels nice on lips after a little while. 3 hours since I applied it, have drunk 3 mugs of tea and lips still feel really hydrated. I love this for winter use, but in Summer always use something with an spf. Have not tried it under lipstick.

ETA - I have dry lips which get flaky really easily.

Ah thank you, very kind of you :) I think I'd be ok with stickiness for a bit as long as it hydrates. I'll keep this in mind. I'm using Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner currently. This was part of a gift set and came in a lovely gold case. I don't think I'd buy it as it is an expensive lip balm basically and not sure if it does much.

I went and bought Clinique foundation I mentioned earlier. So that's one in. I used my Boots points to purchase. Actually, I visited Armani counter in Debenhams to try Luminous Silk Foundation. However, the lady at the counter was very uninterested and somehow unhelpful. I wasn't sure about the colour match because the light was terrible. As I didn't want to waste £40 on something I'm unsure, I didn't buy it.

I have UU'ed a small (deluxe sample) pot of Murad Hydro-dynamic Ultimate Moisture. Really nice cream but pricey and I'm unsure whether it is worth the price. I have loads of samples/gift size products and I'm trying to UU some of them. I keep them for travelling but I don't travel as much so no point hanging on them. Also UU'ed another sample - L'occitane Velvet Balm. Very lovely texture and skin feels very soft after using. Probably WNBA due to price though.

Also TA a pot of Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. This has been open for a long time and when I try using it, it felt a bit dry and also made my skin around the eye area a bit itchy.
    ally.
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Elizabeth Arden I hour hand cream. 30 ml. Ugg. Basically Vaseline. It does the job but not worth the money. Gave one tube away. Still have two small ones in the stash.

I’m using the lip conditioner from this line and do like it.

Annabelle eye makeup remover pads. 75 count. WBA. Does the job at a good price. Don’t need to remember to buy two products this way.

St Ives Apricot Scrub. 300ml tub. Thought this was never going to end! Good value BUT I’ll stick to the smaller tubes in the future.

It’s warmed up to -18, so hand creams and body lotions, etc are in full use
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Maybe it's because it is my first month actually keeping track but I feel like all my products are never ending this month. Can't seem to get to the end of any of them. Lots of packaging spluttering and reluctant to give up their contents but always seem to get enough to get through the day.
    I should probably be glad as it extends how long it will be until I need to spend any money but have such a large stash and I just want to get started on creating some space!!
  • VALM
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    We were away overnight in Newcastle last night (took Emma back to Uni). When I was applying my make up it felt like my foundation had come to an end, I haven't put any on today because I was hungover and couldn't be bothered. So will let you all know tomorrow if it's done.

Yes, the foundation is finished. Second make up product of my Finish 18 makeup items in 2018 done.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Maybe it's because it is my first month actually keeping track but I feel like all my products are never ending this month. Can't seem to get to the end of any of them. Lots of packaging spluttering and reluctant to give up their contents but always seem to get enough to get through the day.
    I should probably be glad as it extends how long it will be until I need to spend any money but have such a large stash and I just want to get started on creating some space!!

I would think we all know this feeling :rotfl:. I’ve got a Ren face wash on the go that’s been open forever and there’s still plenty left. Really frustrating but such a good feeling when you finally finish something.

On the Clarins lip oil, I really like the raspberry one. A lovely pink and tastes like a jam donut :D
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i reorganised my stash bags by brand this morning. I may never run out of shower gel.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    My LF beauty box is in. Therefore I have INs:

BalanceMe Congested Skin Serum
    Korres White Tea Fluid Gel Cleanser
    ESPA Pink Hair and Scalp Mud
    Monu Body Oil
    Erno Laszlo White Marble Essence Lotion
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.