asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 13 January 2018 at 7:31PM
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    5 use ups to report, pp list is now

7ml Clarins Raspberry Lip Oil
    125ml Clinique TTDO Cleansing Balm

TTDO Balm is a favourite and I know it is not cheap but it feels luxurious and a little goes a long way.

I got close buying this Lip Oil couple of times but it felt sticky when I tested it. Did you find that too?

2018 didn't start great for me and I'm in danger zone for impulsing buying. When I feel drained emotionally, I shop.
    ally.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU

The Body Shop Rose Body Butter sample size
    - I loved the scent of this. I never usually go for floral scents but I thought this smelled lovely. WDB as I love The Body Shop products but will get through the stash first.

Sure Bright Bouquet Roll-on Deodorant 50ml - I love the scent of this so WDBA. Have a couple of spare deodorants stash so will use those up first.

Have also hit pan on my night cream and have some more sample size moisturisers that shouldn't take long to use up. Addicted to seeing my bathroom getting tidier and tidier as more things get used so haven't succumbed to any buying temptations recently!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a some uu

Benefit Porefessional 7.5ml - I like this but WNB as I do wonder if I really need a primer. I have 3 full size Laura Mercier primers and a Pixi one in the stash so no need to decide now.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant x 6 sachets - these were NBI sent to test, WNB, it is too hard to get the consistency right (a dry powder that you add water too) if you can it is good though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Progress is slow this month. Nothing feels like it's going to end, no matter how little is left. I've even started working on some products I was trying to sell, but no one was interested in them, so I've started to use them again to try and finish them. Re-purposing a face moisturiser as a body moisturiser. I am making good progress on the shower gel and the body spray on my PP list.

I've realised that I need to buy some more shampoo and conditioner soon, but I'll let it get nearer to the end of the bottles before I order them
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    UU three for January:

Living Proof Volume Conditioner. WBA. Like this range but have plenty at the moment :D
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Plumpudding
    Options
    I've used up Sanctuary body scrub and nuxe huile prodigeuese today. I've got one last body scrub in stock, a very natural one that looks like it should be be on top of a cupcake. And another small bottle of huile prodigeuese. I always seem to get it in free gifts from online beauty shopping.
    Has anyone tried Lancer exfoliator? Its like rubbing baking soda onto your face. Not sure if I will be able to finish the tube.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've used up Sanctuary body scrub and nuxe huile prodigeuese today. I've got one last body scrub in stock, a very natural one that looks like it should be be on top of a cupcake. And another small bottle of huile prodigeuese. I always seem to get it in free gifts from online beauty shopping.
    Has anyone tried Lancer exfoliator? Its like rubbing baking soda onto your face. Not sure if I will be able to finish the tube.

I've tried Lancer and didn't like it either. Had a very dry consistency.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2018 at 2:13PM
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    TTDO Balm is a favourite and I know it is not cheap but it feels luxurious and a little goes a long way.

I got close buying this Lip Oil couple of times but it felt sticky when I tested it. Did you find that too?

2018 didn't start great for me and I'm in danger zone for impulsing buying. When I feel drained emotionally, I shop.

asajj - The lip oil is a funny texture to describe, so I did a little observation test for you this morning. On application it felt quite sticky on my lips, and very, very sticky if I dabbed my finger on it and also on my hand when I transferred a little there. After 15 minutes it was hardly sticky when I pressed my lips together, and after 45 minutes or so my lips felt very smooth and hydrated and not sticky. I have always hated lip glosses when my hair sticks to them, but now hair is shorter so cannot make the comparison.

Conclusion very sticky on skin, but feels nice on lips after a little while. 3 hours since I applied it, have drunk 3 mugs of tea and lips still feel really hydrated. I love this for winter use, but in Summer always use something with an spf. Have not tried it under lipstick.

ETA - I have dry lips which get flaky really easily.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sbirks23
    sbirks23 Posts: 698 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wahoo finally down to less than 400!

4 UU's and listed some items on eBay:

Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash 50ml - finally used all I can out the tube.

Elemis Pro-collagen super serum elixir 1.5ml sachet - not sure if this wasn't mixing well on my skin as seemed to roll and feel al little gritty

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream ultra rich 2ml - LOVE the smell of this and seems to suit my skin (dry in areas and congested in others with perioral dermatitis and occasional adult acne)

Molton Brown Pink peppercorn body lotion 50ml - received as a gift, it's nice but I prefer other Molton Brown scents

Decided to sell as they're still brand new and won't use:
    1. Balm Balm Rose Geranium balm 30ml
    2. Balance Me Radiance Face Oil 10ml
    3. Lancome La vie est belle 75ml
    4. 2 x Pecksniffs Alive Soap 2 x 30g
    5. Elemis revitalise me soap 30g

So from my original 426, I've UU 16, and selling or GA 14 which brings me to 396 :T

I still haven't dared to count and list all my make-up :eek:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! If helpful please thank me Won 5* holiday,£100,gym,BAFTA vip,£75,tan,soundbar,signed cookbook,tix,duplo,facewash,Bodyshop,Lindt,Prevage,Everiche,disney,dvd,supplements,perfume,Topshop makeup + other prizes :)
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

Belated New Year to everyone as this my first post.

Last year, I got my stash as low as 74 which is good for me and I would like to go lower. I going to buy multipurpose products such using shower gel as bubble bath etc. Fingers crossed!

Here goes, my update:-

UU
    Rose Garden Ylang Ylang Garden Oil
    Molton Brown Moji Lime Bath and Shower Gel
    Avon Eau De Parfum Premium De Luxe Gold Blush
    Urban Decay Medium Loose Finishing Powder
    Waitrose Baby Butter Cream
    Dove Pampering Body Wash - Coconut Milk and Jasmine Patel
    Hair Argan Deep Hair Conditioner Travel Size

NBI
    M&S Clementine and Cardamon Hand Cream

IN