No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Tonight UU

Penguin shaped bath bomb lol. I'm 30 and my mother insists on funny gifts at Xmas, baring in mind she gave me 7 bath bombs for Xmas as well as 2 off other half's family. I do like my baths though :) I liked it, smelled of strawberry and turned the water pink. Skin felt soft afterwards as it moisturises as well.

Strawberry bath salts, part of a gift set from my brother. Only a mini sachet.

The last tiny bit of Avon Apple Crumble bubble bath. I love this. WNBA. Smells good and makes lots of bubbles :)

All good so far, PP is to use my Avon lavender overnight foot cream with the moisturising socks tonight, I had opened it last year and used it once so will try it again and see how I get on with it.

6/62 not bad lol. :)
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I feel the same about S&G and wonder whether a lot of people do considering the amounts left in Boots at the A Trafford Centre the day before NYE. I have two large bottles of shower gel that I need to open next as these are the oldest in my stash. I do like their facial cleanser though.

yes me too. :o I got caught up in the S&G hype right at the start and got some sets from Boots in the sales so did have quite a stash, but dislike the way the stuff goes off, even when not opened.
    Also when I complained to their customer services I got a really cheeky email back so that was the final straw. :mad: Will not be buying any S&G again.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • sbirks23
    sbirks23 Posts: 698 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    UU:
    Balance Me Super Moisturising Body Wash - I love the smell of this and it really is moisturising so WDBA if on offer. (Obviously only once the stash is under control!)

So stash is down to 403 :eek:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! If helpful please thank me Won 5* holiday,£100,gym,BAFTA vip,£75,tan,soundbar,signed cookbook,tix,duplo,facewash,Bodyshop,Lindt,Prevage,Everiche,disney,dvd,supplements,perfume,Topshop makeup + other prizes :)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    1 UU from me Oskia Pure MSM Supplements. I have 1 IN of the same to replace it. This is one of the new additions to my skincare too and helps my skin to stay clear.
    ally.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Botanics eye cream
    Liz Earle Orange Flower body wash 500ml
    Nivea Pore deodorant
    Jessica Phenomenon Oil mini
    [STRIKE]L'Occitane Lavender liquid soap
    First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Cleanser
    [/STRIKE]Elemis PCMC 15ml
    [STRIKE]Kind Natured shampoo [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]OPI Nail Polish remover mini bottle [/STRIKE]
    ESSIE Gel Setter top coat

UU: Kind Natured Shampoo. I have two left in use. 1 is a bottle of Aussie decanted into a pump bottle which we must have taken away with us at some point and the other is my bottle of L'Occitane Repairing Shampoo which I use at the weekends.

The body wash and deodorant I think will definitely be gone by weekend. I've also cut open a tube of Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Ultra Shea body lotion.

5 by Spring:-

Drumroll please. The Benefit Dallas blush is done. I am going to attempt to pan two x Urban Decay blushers this year. You may all recall me buying the UD Gwen Stefani Blush Palette which I was successfully panning until I dropped it and broke the panned products. Emma bought me a replacement so I want to pan the two remaining blushers from the original palette. They are called Cheeky and Easy (from memory). Am going away this weekend so will pull this palette out next week to start. I am also using Benefit Galifornia at the moment (a mini) size for this month but don't expect to hit pan.

Eyeshadow from Smashbox Full Exposure palette. I am hopeful that I can finish this shortly too but won't take this away with me as I have now crushed all the shadow away from the sides of the pan so have to keep the palette flat.

Have put these as joint as they are both well underway

Sephora by OPI JUST A Little Dangerous
    Laura Geller Balance N Brighten
    L'Occitane Amber and Santal fragrance
    Laura Mercier Grey Pearl Caviar stick

The rest of these products are still work in progress. The Balance N Brighten is frustrating me a little as I keep getting hard pan and have to keep taking a top layer of product off with sticky tape. It won't defeat me though.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!

Some updates:-

UU
    Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream 15ml - Very nice, WDBA
    Elegant Touch Nail polish remover 200ml - Better than the Avon rubbish I'm currently using!
    Lancôme Galatee Confort 400ml - A lovely cream cleanser but I'll compare it to others before purchasing again
    The Body Shop Shower Gel 250ml - Raspberry - Gorgeous scent, I already have the EDT as well.
    Avon Naturals Mango & Ginger 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner 700ml - WDBA but not in this size bottle as it takes up too much room and I don't like decanting!
    Johnson's Baby Oil 300ml - Aloe Vera - HG body product.

GA
    Sanctuary Warming Detox Charocal Wash - Just horrible, did nothing, wasn't thick enough to actually warm up and stay warm for more than a second or two, made my skin feel horrible! Reviews are mixed so hopefully someone else will like it!
    Wella Silvikrin Hairspray 400ml - Maximum Hold - Made my scalp itch and isn't as good as the L'Oreal Elnett sprays.
    Primark Texturising Hair Powder 14g - Tangle central!
    Primark Volume & Texture Spray 75ml - Didn't make much difference at all.

TA
    Cien Tropical Shower Foam 200ml - Came to use this and found the cap was missing, no other spray tops would fit it either!

IN
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 400ml - Supreme Hold - To replace the Wella one I GA.

....and I'm a sucker for pretty eyeshadows, especially on sale!
    Kiko Water Eyeshadow - Shade 220
    Kiko Water Eyeshadow - Shade 224
    Kiko Smart Eyeshadow - Shade 22
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One TA/Sort of UU:

SVR Topialyse Mains Hand Cream 50ml WNBA. This is the worst hand cream I've ever used. It's causing my hands to dry out. I would put some of this on, and my hands would feel drier than before. And it's marketed as a nourishing hand cream. I did use most of it though :/
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Welcome to newcomers.

I have some UUs

Indie Lee COQ-10 Toner. It feels very pleasant and it didn't cause any reaction on my skin but I didn't think it was anything special and not a great value for money. It is more for normal to dry skins anyway rather than my combination skin so WNBA.

Max Factor Infallible 24H Matte Foundation - Natural Rose. This has a good coverage and it stays on whole day. Usually on offer so great value for money. WBA.

Clinique Superbalanced Silk Foundation - Silk Ivory. Absolutely love this. Bought it sometime in summer and used it pretty much everyday. So great value for money. WBA. I might wait for an offer in Clinique before purchasing this.
    ally.
  • London_baby
    Options
    UUs:

Kylie Minogue Music box edp-WNBA Terrible, poor sillage. Would have been annoyed if I had paid full price.

Ins:

Our moment, 1 Direction perfume - Perfume stash has reduced quite a bit so don't feel too bad purchasing. Going to set myself a challenge to limit perfume buys to one a year.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU tonight:

The Body Shop Spiced Apple Body Gel-Lotion 250ml WBA in a different scent. This was nice and it sinks in quickly compared to normal cream based lotions. This was a LHJ for sure. I had been using it since the beginning of October for nearly everyday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure