No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    My PP list for January is:

[STRIKE]The Body Shop Spiced Apple Body Gel-Lotion 250ml[/STRIKE]
    Avon Dark Orchid & Raspberry Bubble Bath 250ml
    Avon Chocolate & Orange Bubble Bath 500ml
    Avon Naturals Cinnamon and Cranberry Spritz 100ml
    [STRIKE]SVR Topialyse Mains Hand Cream 50ml[/STRIKE]
    Avon Naturals Milk & Honey Shower Gel 200ml
    Paula’s Choice Calm Redness Relief Normal to Dry Skin Moisturiser 60ml
    Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 30ml
    Avene Eau Thermale Spray 150ml

My updated PP list :)
  • Ish67
    Options
    Hi my lovlies. First time posting on here. What a great thread. 👏🏽 I seriously am a compulsive buyer. It would take me hourssss ... literally to list what I have ... to top it up, I keep adding to it every time there’s an offer 😬 ... after reading some of the comments on here, I’m definitely going to start using up b4 buying ... can’t imagine how much I’ve spent unnecessarily ... if I get the time I will post a list of what I have 😜 ... watch this space ... xx
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ish67 wrote: »
    Hi my lovlies. First time posting on here. What a great thread. 👏🏽 I seriously am a compulsive buyer. It would take me hourssss ... literally to list what I have ... to top it up, I keep adding to it every time there’s an offer 😬 ... after reading some of the comments on here, I’m definitely going to start using up b4 buying ... can’t imagine how much I’ve spent unnecessarily ... if I get the time I will post a list of what I have 😜 ... watch this space ... xx

Welcome to a fellow compulsive buyer!

Have a look at my stash list on page 2 (it's so big it wouldn't fit on one post!), basically I want someone to beat it now! :rotfl:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Welcome to the thread x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Boots Extracts Peppermint body scrub. WNBA. Hate this product. It's watery and ineffective. According to my stash list I have one of these left. They are 75ml sizes so I want to rattle through these so I can use my Cup o Coffee 1/3

Bath and Body Works Ultra Shea body lotion Japanese Cherry Blossom. Love these and will repurchase on holiday. I have 2 full sized lotions left plus a gradual tan lotion and then 2 x oils and 8 x travel sizes. Will work through the full sizes and then the travel as there not much point in saving them. If I manage to get through a substantial amount before I go away in October I will buy a B&BW lotion from eBay. I have a Sanctuary inshower moisturiser in the bathroom that I will use next.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Welcome to the thread.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    Options
    VALM - well done on finishing your blusher, I know how hard that is.

The problem you are having with your B&B is the same as I had with Bourjois blushers and eyeshadows, after a couple of uses you can't get anything on the brush, I got rid of the ones I had and have never bought since.

I thought my primer would be done today but no it just keeps giving.

• LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Another UU

Botanica 30ml Hand cream, from a gift set from Wilkinsons bought for me last Christmas found in the drawer with a little bit left in it. Used if up in 2 days but it hasn't had the desired effect it did have so glad it is now all one. WBA as it left my skin nice a soft when I first used it and lesson learned is not to hoard hand cream lol. Starting to use up yet another year old half empty hand cream. Will hopefully finish that one soon too.

7/62
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • dolly84
    Options
    I have a uu

Tresemme Salon Smooth Serum - this was OK, not great just OK, I have 2 more in the stash (bought on 3 for 2 without knowing whether I liked it which is typical of the old me) but after that WNBA.

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    5 use ups to report, pp list is now

15ml Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel
    3ml Vichy Liftactiv Serum 10 Eye & Lashes
    2ml sample Monsoon ? perfume
    10ml Gatineau Lip Care
    50ml Lotil English Weather Cream
    Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel pads step 1 & 2
    7ml Clarins Raspberry Lip Oil
    125ml Clinique TTDO Cleansing Balm
    41ml Mitchum AP/Deo stick
    [STRIKE]1ml sample Clinique Be Happy perfume 1/1
    250ml Verveine Hand and Nail Cream 2/2
    NIOD FECC 3/3
    15ml Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser 4/4
    30ml NIOD MMHC 5/5[/STRIKE]

I almost succumbed to buying Q's TSV of the Revitalash products, I use the eye lash one and wanted to try the one for brows as mine are rather sparse now, but the reports mentioned brows growing very dark and that would look so odd on me, that I changed my mind so No Buy is intact so far.:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure