No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• mad_scientist
    Options
    Hello everyone, I managed my first UU for the month today so not exactly sprinting out of the blocks!

1. Avon jet femme fragrance body spray 75ml. WNBA I try not to buy aerosol sprays because they don't last very long. Still have 9/10ths of the perfume left lol

I had a message from mse to say it was my 7 year anniversary so that's 7 years of the no buying toiletries challenge (and still a long way to go !)
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • sunny_money
    Options
    All the best to all the new year newbies!

UU
    No7 Beautiful Matt foundation 30ml - WNBA not touch proof
    Benefit Gimme Brow mini - WBA
    Simple make up remover wipes

Finished 2 Miss Pattiserie sugar scrubs - the tubs were both half full of the oil still, so I added coarse sugar and the tubs are full again!
  • sbirks23
    sbirks23 Posts: 698 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So I had my christmas present money to spend at Bicester Village last Friday and found some Charlotte Tilbury bargains which I've been after for a while. I also found some more bits in the house whilst having a clear-out and the dentist gave me free mini toothpaste. A quiet weekend meant I've had chance to list some stuff on eBay so my new tally is:

426 Total skincare items (doesn't include make-up or hand soap)

12 UU :T
    10 GA or Selling

UU include:
    Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum - WNBA as I have other serums which I think are much more effective e.g. S5
    Radox Shower gel Shea butter & ginger - WBA I loved this when I first got it but get bored easily of shower gel so just had a few uses left in this which needed finishing.
    Origins Plantscription Anti-ageing serum sachet - Liked the feel of it and absorbed well.

Which brings me back to 404 .... :o
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! If helpful please thank me Won 5* holiday,£100,gym,BAFTA vip,£75,tan,soundbar,signed cookbook,tix,duplo,facewash,Bodyshop,Lindt,Prevage,Everiche,disney,dvd,supplements,perfume,Topshop makeup + other prizes :)
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    UU
    Spa cucumber refreshing facial wipes finally finished. They were OK but didn't really cleanse but they did cool my face and wipe off any make up. WNBA

Decided to use up my more expensive citrus body butter tonight first as it was bought as a gift by my partner last year and I don't know what occasion I was keeping it for and it is the oldest one so I'm smelling of lemon and lime tonight lol
    :)
    3/62
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LLM2018 wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to join please? I have been stock taking yesterday and have 62 products. It doesn't seem like much but for me, it's alot.

I don't count anything that belongs to my partner even though he has a full bathroom drawer lol. He thinks he uses everything! He doesn't. I don't count toothpaste or handwash as we both use that and I only have one IN at a time and replace when almost empty.

LLM x

Welcome to the thread.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join please? I have been stock taking yesterday and have 62 products. It doesn't seem like much but for me, it's alot.

I don't count anything that belongs to my partner even though he has a full bathroom drawer lol. He thinks he uses everything! He doesn't. I don't count toothpaste or handwash as we both use that and I only have one IN at a time and replace when almost empty.

LLM x

Welcome, no matter the size of the stash if you know you have products languishing in a cupboard instead of being used it's time to start this challenge. xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UU

Decided to use up my more expensive citrus body butter tonight first as it was bought as a gift by my partner last year and I don't know what occasion I was keeping it for and it is the oldest one so I'm smelling of lemon and lime tonight lol
    :)
    3/62

Yes, there's no point hanging onto that body butter for it to go off and be useless. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Plumpudding
    Options
    A couple of recent UUs

First Aid Beauty facial cleanser - WNB like you VALM I found it a bit soapy. It dried my skin out
    A guest soap. Every UU counts!
    REN 1 minute face mask - this stung a bit but my face did look brighter after. WMBA
  • Corgimum
    Options
    I have finally done a stocktake and I am pleased to say I only need to target my stash for about 3-6 months before I can keep on top of it. As I said in my earlier post, I have been addressing my stash for a while already as a silent lurker.

January Project Pan
    Bare Minerals face primer
    Nivea Soft Face, Body, Hands (using as hand cream)
    Outback blue Lush soap (it’s on its last legs)
    The Body Shop Coconut shower gel 500ml
    Mark Hill Seven wonders hair spray
    Alberto Balsam Blueberry shampoo
    Alberto Balsam Blueberry conditioner
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye cream
    Bare Minerals Skinlongevity vital power infusion serum
    The Body Shop animal shape bath jellies
    The Body Shop Red Musk Eau de Toilette

Gone already in January
    UU- The Body Shop Green Tea Eau de Toilette - It was OK but the scent doesn't last WMBA
    TA- The Body Shop Vitamin E lip balm - TA as was covered in sand but was quite old
    GA - The Body Shop Green Tea Sorbet WNBA – These sorbets are rubbish. I feel terrible to give this away but life is too short for terrible products. I had to put another moisturiser on after this as it was so useless.
  • MoneysavingmadGem
    Options
    Finally got chance to have a look through products and actually surprised myself I dont have that many!

36 items does not include nail varnish or make up.

Make up good supply except foundation.

Only 1 bottle shampoo and body wash so will have to buy some at some point but not this month

First UU -argon oil face cream wba but means I have to fly to morrocco as was from a womans sanctuary. But good stuff!

TA -gone off eye make up remover

GA - foot cream gift set

Planned project for Jan

Ns facial scrub
    Avon strand strength hair conditioner (1/2)
    !!!!!!!! swedish face scrub
    !!!!!!!! swedish face mask (1/2)
    Avon hand cream - use as body lotion
    1x nail varnish (colour chosen)
    !!!!!!!! love nature face cream
    The one mascara (1/3 mascaras)
    The one foundation
    Simple face wash (1/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories