PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :j Well done Saver-upper :j you are going great guns :T

basketcase, unfortunately he never made a reappearance so we still have a bookcase to sell - yah boo sucks :(

We have slightly lost our mojo over the last couple of days so the French decluttering today was rather mundane -

F820 - F839 Four glass jars washed & recycled, 1 plastic jar washed & recycled, 5 small plastic pots recycled, 10 items of very ood food binned

WE will start again tomorrow, WE WILL start again tomorrow, WE WILL START again tomorrow, WE WILL START AGAIN tomorrow, WE WILL START AGAIN TOMORROW :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F839/F20,180 :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi fellow declutterers :hello:

basketcase, I don’t know how to multiple quote either :(
    You have definitely got into the swing of things & your total is coming along nicely (whatever happened to the wm weight :D ? )

Today is freezing - AGAIN, so struggling to keep warm rather than decluttering :o but

F840 Bag of glass to bottle bank
    F841 - F842 G-Plan chair & baby’s high chair - SOLD
    F843 - F844 Small black bin bags of old medicines, potions & lotions, make up, bandages etc. - BINNED
    F845 Small box full of cardboard recycled
    F846 Bag of metal coat hangers for Tip
    F847 Still boxed & complete manicure set to ME

NOT A HORDE IN SIGHT :mad: apparently there is a car boot sale today in the local town but I bet our ‘stuff’ is cheaper :rotfl::D

From a disappointed MrsSD
    F847/F20,180 :rotfl:

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • luverlyjuberly
    luverlyjuberly Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I' doing a big declutter at the moment - there's a big line of stuff to go down the middle of my living room!
    From September 2008 - Wepromiseto £133.19, Greasypalm £46.16, Quidco £10.40, Cashback Kings £74.54. Vouchers £31.00. myhpf £21.03
    Topcashback £137.54 Matchbetting £24.70 MORTGAGE FREE END OF JULY 2015 (YIPPEE!)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    I' doing a big declutter at the moment - there's a big line of stuff to go down the middle of my living room!

:hello: luverlyjuberly, don’t forget to count/weigh when it is all out or relocated to its final place :) Are you doing the Marie Kondo method?

I wish you every success :T as success stories inspire us all :)

To a Clutter Free 2018
    MrsSD

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,969 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 May 2018 at 10:35PM
    Options
    basketcase wrote: »
    MUST learn to multiple quote....
    basketcase, I don't know how to multiple quote either :(

Edwink to the rescue :rotfl:

All you need to do to "multiquote" is......Look at the bottom of the post on the first post you want to quote and click on the little "orange and pink balloons" once. Then go to the next post you also want to quote and click on the "balloons" on that post too and ALSO on that post click the "quote" button.

The screen will then show both posts starting with [ QUOTE = NAME? ; 12345678 ] and ending with [ / QUOTE ] (No spaces will be left in between as I have had to do in my red text example here.

You can delete any of the text the posters have typed in their post that is not relevant to your post BUT be careful not to delete the QUOTE on both ends of the posts plus the other bits and bobs I have highlighted in red above.

Hope that makes sense :o. Maybe just give it a go and see how you get on. It certainly saves a lot of time using the multi quote facility on threads.

HTH

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello and welcome, luverlyjuberly! Good luck with the decluttering, you're certainly in the right place for support. Keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Thanks for the instructions on multiple quotes Edwink - much appreciated.

Mrs SD - what can I say? The hordes don't deserve your stuff. They obviously don't recognise a bargain when they see one. Have some decluttering vibes and a dodgy hug :grouphug:. Hope they realise their mistake and turn up tomorrow!

Still feeling rough from the oven cleaner, so I decided to lighten up and do a bit of pottering. Gave DS a lift into town and asked him to take back a couple of library books (1 mine, 1 DD's) that have been hanging round a few days.

Gave the kitchen a general tidy and decided to do under the sink. It looks a lot emptier now - and I can actually see things! All the glass in the oven doors has now been cleaned, but am having to redo one side repeatedly because it's still patchy.

Anyway, today's efforts yielded:
    Wrecked ovenware, Recycled, 3lbs
    From a cupboard: Port, opened ages ago and never finished/Pimms No 3 (Winter) likewise, nobody liked it very much (Unlike No 1!). We’re not big drinkers ... Hooch down drain, bottles recycled, 3lbs
    Soda Crystals (open packet, so a bit lumpy), used in the bathroom and kitchen drains, 0.75lb
    Library Books returned to Library, 1.5lbs
    Duplicate cleaning stuff & containers, consolidated where safe, some used up and packaging recycled, 2lbs

Totals:
    Day's total = 10.25lbs
    Running total 241.75lbs + washing machine(!) 200lbs (thanks Mrs SD :D) = 441.75lbs

Tootles off to alter signature.
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Good afternoon from a gloriously sunny & warm France :) not a cloud in the sky, the bees are buzzing, the birds are singing & the cats are sunbathing:rotfl:

edwink, thanks for the info - I tried but only ended up with the 2nd post - either I can’t do this on my iPad or I am showing my usual proficiency - NOT :rotfl:

basketcase, hope you have more success with multi quotes than I did:rotfl:

Re the alcohol bottles I hope you weighed them before you emptied them :rotfl: who am I kidding - of course you did:rotfl: You are doing ‘exceedingly well’ with my Mr Kipling hat on :rotfl:
    Thanks for the dodgy hug :T I must just have a warped mind :rotfl:

The sunshine has managed to draw in three separate individuals :)

One just had a nosey, one turned up for the electric hedge trimmer that he had reserved :) but unfortunately didn’t buy anything else but the third was subject to a bit of pressure selling by DSis & DH :rotfl: so

F848 - F856 Large painting in frame, 4 wall pictures depicting the four seasons (don't think he got my DH’s reference to Vivaldi :rotfl: ), dressing table chair, small bottle containing a marble? (which DF had excavated nearly 25 years ago :rotfl:), overwound, so not working, wood surround wall clock & the piece de resistance, wait for it..... drum roll please................................

A stuffed BOAR’s HEAD :rotfl::T:):rotfl::rotfl::eek: I think the poor man scarpered before DSis & DH could ‘persuade’ him to buy any more :rotfl: I distinctly remember hearing screeching tyres :rotfl:

F857 Electric strimmer

STILL no hordes :( but DH has had a couple of ‘nibbles’ on Fa.eb..k market place, so fingers crossed:)

DH watching MotoGP on laptop (after mowing gite lawn, sorting & packing more English language books in crates ready for 13th Tip run & uncovering outside water meter!), DSis cooking a Sunday roast (on the hottest day so far :o:rotfl:) & after a quick spurt of decluttering in our bedroom I am now reading/posting whilst sitting & baking in the sunshine - nice cooling breeze just started :j

F858 - F860 Crates of books for Tip

How is it that sunshine can spur you on?

Anyway, I have wittered on far too long :o:D so

Have a great day everyone & I hope the sun is shining

MrsSD
    F860/F20,180 :rotfl:

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you basketcase and Mrs Salad Dodger :j.This is such a supportive thread.
    Did a bit more sorting today.There are a couple of shallow plastic boxes in my fromt room,containing mostly donations.I spent time sorting through those-making sure toys had all the pieces,in good condition etc.I did set aside a few things for donation-will list them when they leave the house.
    Out of the house today:

Recycled:
    792:bundle of scraps of paper the kids had been messing around with
    793:assortment of mail sorted through,alot straight out for recycling: reminders for me and kids to have regular eye checks-a 2 page reminder,sent individually,for each of us!Really??,Tesco vouchers and advertising gumph
    794:gift bag,torn and tatty
    795:bundle of Top Trump cards,torn or stuck together :eek:
    796:plastic container that had contained above-mentioned card collection
    797:card-making kit-card scraps finished,put out for recycling

Binned:
    798:large bundle of marking pens and pencils
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi fellow declutterers :hello:

Saver-upper, way to go :j I finally did a bit of arithmetic - 6 items a day will see the 2,018 items gone :) then I thought I bet someone already worked that out :o & they had :T on the 31st December :eek: seems the information went in one eye & out the other bypassing the brain :rotfl: :T huge congratulations - you are ahead of target :T:T

It is another gloriously sunny & hot day here :):T:)

DSis & DH are off on their travels :) 13th Tip trip with a carload (mostly already listed) but

F861 - F862 More crates of books :o

Then they are off to bank cheques, see insurance people & visit cs re organising a collection early next week.

I am sitting in the sunshine drinking fizzy water just waiting for the hordes or even the couple of people who have reserved 3 items between them :) Got all excited earlier - car with trailer pulled up & two people got out - quick tour but the only things they wanted were earmarked for DB :eek: Disappointed again :(

Oh well - off to do a bit of tidying keeping an ear out for the missing hordes :rotfl:

Would love to hear from some of the original posters - puhleeze :rotfl:

To a clutter free 2018

MrsSD
    F862/F20,180 :rotfl:

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    :rotfl: me again :rotfl:

F863 - F864 Double bed with mattress & still boxed under bed drawers picked up & PAID FOR
    F865 Black bin bag of ruined bedding - BINNED
    F866 Bag of cardboard, plastic bottles etc - RECYCLED
    F867 Box of cardboard - RECYCLED

MrsSD
    F867/F20,180 :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure