PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,969 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 12 May 2018 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Hi everyone

Lovely to see more join the mse decluttering team:j. Well done to all those that are adding bits to their totals. Mrs salad Dodger you must be worn out you really should stop for a cuppa once in a while;):rotfl:

Not been home as been away for a lovely restful break to see friends and on our return had new carpets fitted and new beds delivered so been pretty busy here but I have managed to get my decluttering head on so here goes.

1 Pair broken £1 shop glasses
    1 Battery operated toothbrush
    1 Green leaking ink pen
    1 Parasol stand gifted to lovely neighbour, I've never seen anyone so happy bless her
    1 set of wheels from bed
    1 bag of pieces of black out curtain liner

Both old good condition mattresses being collected by a charity next week. Have new bedding for the beds which is a luxury for us because our previous used sets were gifted to us from our friend who changes her bed sets every other year it seems. Just washed all of it and it will go to our local hospice charity shop when nicely folded. Will count those to add once they are ready to go out the door.

Can not remember my previous total:o so will add when I post the amount of bedding going out the door.

Edwink

+ 6.....????/2018
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all!

Edwink – well done on not losing the momentum following your break. It can be tempting, I know.

Hope today’s decluttering went well for everybody. A quick update from me; I did better than I thought I would:

Beads from dismantled wooden curtain (we used to craft), 1lb
    Double cassette (book), 0.5lb
    Papers & card (inc MOST of a card index - I know!), 0.75lb
    Instruction Manual/Car boot liner/Screwdriver (Inc for glasses - that's where they went!), 1lb
    DAB radio - defunct, 2.25lbs
    Bag of assorted rubbish + box, 1lb
    Winter scarves & gloves, 0.5lb
    Cowl, 0.5lb
    Craft/Sewing items, 1lb
    OOD Maps/Guide books, 9lbs
    Recycling, 3lbs
    Drawing pins/paperclips/bulldog clips, 0.5lb
    Flower press/Parchment kit/Books, 2.5lbs
    3 Mugs, 2lbs
    OOD half-used toiletries, 0.25lb
    Pratchett books (in Polish), 1.75lbs
    Badgemaking Kit, 2.25lbs

Totals
    Day’s total 29.75lbs
    Running total 614.25lbs

Pottering off to watch Eurovision. It’s a guilty pleasure and a great excuse for Snacks n Pimms.:beer::D
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,969 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 12 May 2018 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Another load going from me today.

1 New Dorma Mattress protector CS
    3 Blankets washed CS
    1 Pair walking boots CS
    1 Pink hat CS
    10 Pillow cases CS
    1 Tatty pillow case BIN
    1 Blanket repurposed for indoor poorly hens

Sheets are drying by the stove tonight ready to fold and go to CS. Will add those to my next batch.

Edwink

470 + 6 +18 = 494/2018
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Uncluttered_unicorn
    Options
    1402 Lip gloss, uu

Ok, I pushed on a little more today. A cluttered shelf was annoying me :D

1403 to 1404 2 old school ties to be returned to school (they are in the car so I'm counting 'em)
    1405 Fan - cs
    1406 Ornament - cs
    1407 Sergei Meerkat, still in box - cs
    1408 to 1411 Cards, pics, leaflet, study sheets - recycling and bin
    1412 Broken charge - elec recycling
    1413 Broken lightbulb
    1414 to 1415 2 make-up items - bin
    1416 to 1417 2 broken hangers - bin
    1418 to 1428 11 hangers to cs
    1429 Torn paper carrier - recycling
    1430 to 1454 22 makeup items posted to charity which accepts lightly-used products, plus 2 pairs of socks, plus packaging.
    1455 Old accounts book
    1456 to 1461 glass bottles to recycling
    1462 Conditioner bottle - hopefully our last ;). We have been trying to reduce our plastic usage, however after trying unsuccessfully to switch to solid shampoo and conditioning bars, we've admitted they just don't work for us, and bought a new brand at the local health food shop to try. V happy so have purchased 5L bottles and will refill as required. Should last ages and we've calculated will save 25 bottles going to recycling (or possibly, landfill :( ). The conditioner bottle is being recycled as I am going to fill a spare pump dispenser bottle rather than the original FiN one.

(Community picking-up for this year now totals 29 carrier bags, 3 binbags and around a dozen glass bottles hoiked out of ditches (bleurgh :(). Maybe I would have been better weighing these collections a la Basketcase :D )
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Bonjour tout le monde, the weather has been appalling this weekend - lots of rain, very cold & the sun only makes brief appearances - 5 mins at a time with no warmth :(
    We are now giving stuff away as the cs van is turning up on Tuesday & we are hoping they take everything :rotfl: that is left :rotfl:

The French family friends made a brief appearance & were given a few things

F969 - F971 Toy tank, box of bath goodies & a game of Monopoly - DONATED

Yesterday we managed to sell (bargain basement prices :rotfl:) about 25 items so

F972 - F996 Dozen dressed Action men, extra Action men kit & clothes, various ornaments, crockery etc - SOLD

The new owners also bought about 25 more bits & pieces at bargain basement prices

F997 - F1021 Glass fronted bookcase, Couple of cuddly toys, coffee table, lamps, crockery, cutlery, ornaments etc

:j Yippee :j have breached the 1,000 barrier :j:j:j

To a clutter free 2018 :j

MrsSD
    F1021/F20,180
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Thanks, Basketcase. the shoes are really comfy and to be honest I didn't feel very tempted by what was in the shops. I need so little as I don't work and have some good outfits for when I need to look less like a French peasant.Well done Uncluttered - taking on litter. And Mrs SD- when I read that you were giving away items I was tempted to pay you a visit- but then remembered - the stuff is supposed to leave the house not be added to. Actually I did buy some UK stuff - clothes for myDGC I just love picking children's outfits and DS andDDinL are always pleased to get stuff -they work lond hours andoften don't have the time. As they have just left after a weekend visit the outfits are away and I can add to my total so far of 240
    4 children's toys bought specially and now away with the children.
    1 pr trousers discovered while looking for scarf yesterday - it was chilly.
    2 crocheted Xmas angels discovered in drawer where I was keeping the toys .
    2 books - so 5 items to CS total now245.
    I must say that while looking for the scarf I realised that my chothes piles are all mixed up and this is the next place to hunt.
    Keep up the good work everyone!
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done all! (I see you found your running total edwink)

As for Mrs SD :T:j:beer: on cracking the 1000 mark. That's seriously good going - especially when added to your UK totals.

Well, I was feeling quite tired and didn’t get up to much decluttering today. But I didn’t want to lose momentum, so I emptied a laundry basket full of what turned out to be dirty clothes, brought up by DD in the move, and cleared the top of my freezer where a few things were hiding in plain sight. I washed the clothes, but I’m not counting them because they’re to wear so aren’t clutter. Packed amongst them, for safe transport, was a fetching Art Nouveau style mirror, now stored.

Anyhoo. Today’s paltry collection is:
    Mirror to storage, 1.75lbs
    4xWine Glasses (DDs) to storage, 3lbs
    Glass Cookie Jar to CS, 1.5lbs
    OOD GF Stuff (which wasn't eaten because it tasted awful - as GF stuff often does. Presumably we were keeping it in case it mellowed like wine?! :D). Now in food bin, 3.5lbs

Totals
    Day’s Total 9.75lbs
    Running total 624lbs

Which means I’m over 30% of the way to 2018lbs!:shocked: (Coo... :rotfl:)
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone,

The rest of the French family friends turned up & made a pretty good job of helping us clear out various items - guess about 120 - so

F1022 - F1141 DVDs, lots of toys, cuddly toys, ornaments, 2 plastic boxes, 7 poolside recliners + 7 Cushion pads for recliners, tennis racket, ping pong table with lots of equipment bats/balls, hiking pole, 6 jackets, jet wash & lots of bits & bobs
    F1142 Large cart donated to our farmer friend
    F1143 - F1172 Various odds & sods that my DH is taking home
    F1173 Small freezer to DNeph

DSis has decided to donate some of the nicer bits left to her local cs & hopefully everything else will be snapped up by local large charity - with an enormous warehouse :T If it all goes then I will make a guesstimate of about 1,000 :rotfl: I did say there was a lot of stuff :rotfl:

I will love you & leave you fellow declutterers :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F1173/F20,180 :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have spent this week decluttering my front room.It is now done,just have a few random bits of paper that the kids havew written/scribbled on over the years.Some I will keep,others recycle.
    Out of the house today:

Binned:
    894:single cycling glove

Recycled:
    895:pair of trainers that I had been wearing for months after the fronts had split so badly they were were flapping as I walked :eek:
    896:pair of slippers,also well-past their best before :o
    897-905: 6 inch high pile of papers (always measure an inch as "1" on my count),from the cabinet in front room I have been sorting through this week-alot of scrap paper,old bills and anything else with identifying info will be shredded.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Everyone has been busy over the weekend
    Well done MrsSD for reaching 1000

671 - a tub that had contained barbed wire binned.
    672 - an empty bottle of engine oil gone
    673- 674 a couple of plastic coverings for garden tools that are never used.
    675- a random plastic handle
    676- an old eggbox.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family