PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Back yet again - you can’t keep me away :rotfl:

Thanks for the hug basketcase :T Waiting for an appointment with the doctor & hoping it is for tomorrow :D as I now cannot open my mouth to eat :(some would say that is a good thing :eek: but I can & am drinking copious amounts of tea & popping Ibuprofen like it is going out of fashion :rotfl: Sorry about the car :( but if you pay in cash you can weigh that :D
    I will mention that regardless of how much goes out - you are still decluttering & everything counts :T + well done on emptying the Bugs Bunny Cupboard :T & great idea for storage until the car is back :T Although I am with you on the ‘I want it out’ of the house mentality :rotfl:

An update on the items that were going to be stored with our farmer friend & probably would have degenerated through lack of use - the grandmother clock is going to London to be sold, the large dresser & the large table are being ‘stored’ (but will be in use) with the young French couple who have started the herbal & pottery business - Delphine & Fabien - they have six hectares of land & are growing everything organically + 20 sheep/lambs + 2 DDs :rotfl:. So my DSis has bitten the bullet & not charged them upfront (they have no money:eek:) - she has told D&F that she would prefer the furniture be used rather than rot away & that they would be doing her a favour rather than the other way around :):)
    As a gift from D&F, because my DSis has been so nice to them :), we now have a couple of bags of dried herb tea infusions & a pot of basil flavoured sugar (I might use that for bread :D), a pot of salt & herbs for use with pasta & a pot of herbs for casseroles - all hm & organic :T:)

Also while we were there, my DSis got to bottle feed a lamb :D she was in seventh heaven :A

Meanwhile DB & DH loaded up the van with French rubbish to accompany the German rubbish & did a Tip run. Everything has to be sorted to go in correct skips & because they were doing that properly two of the staff helped them:T

For the last hour DB & DH with a little bit of assistance from DSis & me have just managed to put the dresser in the van & the table will follow shortly. The dresser was massively heavy & the inside is showing it’s age :eek: all the shelves & walls of the bottom half cupboards fell out as it was manhandled through the window. The top half had been taken off & although heavy came out through the door :D & did Not fall apart :D are being delivered tomorrow a.m. - so

F2821 - F2822 Dresser & Table to D & F
    F2823 Grandmother clock to England
    F2824 Van load of stuff to Tip

Just off to put dinner on :)

MrsSD
    F2824/F3500 :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 May 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    MrsSD well done on your incredible total
    683-688 books to League of Friends shop.
    689 back of a broken clock. I think the front has already been binned.
    690-691 a couple of broken necklaces
    692 a broken ornament
  • stellata
    stellata Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you mrsSD for encouraging words. I’m getting back to it today, have started with the recycling as you suggest:
    Magnolia Stellata
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Back again :rotfl:

The table & dresser have been delivered :T

F2825 - F2830 Plastic garden chairs delivered to French Farmer friend
    F2831 - F2850 DNeph’s stuff boxed up ready to be delivered tomorrow - where on earth he is going to put it all with the extra furniture (counted previously) is a moot point :rotfl: Oh well that is his problem:rotfl:

Happy decluttering & welcome back on the decluttering bandwagon stellata :T there are lots of us on board:rotfl:

MrsSD
    F2850/F3500

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thankyou basketcase. I will try not to. Interestingly the walk has now not just relieved me of some physical weight but now it is over I feel lifted and I feel able to get on with other things. It's not euphoria, but just a big thing needed doing and now it is done it isn't blocking me any more. Like being overwhelmed but not in a negative way. it still produces the same results though.

Last night I loaded the car with a further three bags, two of clothes and one of books. The books have been waiting for a while. DH had tor ead the first in the series tosee if he wanted to read the rest. He doesn't so all out and will be dropped off tomorrow on the way home form work. so now it's 25/52 bags plus 6 other items. More to follow as I have abookshelf to clear.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • stellata
    stellata Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    Back again (in a small way)!

239-242, 4 cardboard boxes I!!!8217;d been keeping for something.
    243-260, clothes from my spare room wardrobe which I!!!8217;ll never wear again (cs)
    261, 262, toilet roll holder and towel ring from my last house; I prefer the ones which were here when I moved in.
    263, salt and pepper set
    264, outside light, replaced.

265, a collection of halfbused shower gels and similar, I just tipped them all into one bottle and used them to clean the bathroom!
    Magnolia Stellata
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Bonjour encore :rotfl:

F2851 - F2862: 5 wheelie bins filled with rubbish, recycling, old bedding & towels, my DNeph’s old wm (he now has his mum’s wm), bag of glass & five bin bags of rubbish ALL to Tip & sorted when DB & DH got there :eek:

F2863 - F2864 Two wheelie bins full of rubbish for Tuesday’s collection
    F2865 - F2866 Two small black bin bags of ood shampoos, potions & lotions for Tip

The doctor’s appointment was a success - ten days antibiotics :T

The van is packed ready for DB & DH to leave at 5.00 a.m. :eek: I have no idea how it is going to fit in my house :eek: there is just so much :eek:

Anyway I am off to do the washing up & then probably/possibly to bed :)

MrsSD
    F2866/F3500

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    Options
    979-981:a pile of my papers shredded.When I am decluttering paper,I measure 1" deep of paper as "1".This was actually a 2.5" high pile,but have rounded it up
    982-986:the beginning of shredding a huge box of my partner's papers.He had set them aside in DECEMBER :eek: for shredding,but was never going to get around to it.4.5" worth.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    F2867 - F2868 Plastic Folders crate & stack of cardboard dividers - RECYCLED

MrsSD
    F2868/F3500

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    F2869 - F2871 Three black bin bags filled & put in wheelie bin
    F2872 - F2875 Large plastic garden table & toy chest filled with bits - table cloth, ornaments, vases & general household goods + carrier bag of jigsaws & toys - COLLECTED by farmer & wife
    F2876 Crate of cleaning products for DNeph :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F2876/F3500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure