PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been away for a few days so limited decluttering done but
    621 underwear with holes in binned.
    622 magazine read and recycled.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I’m back :rotfl:

F868 - F885 Seven small print pictures & eleven pool towels - SOLD

The weather has taken a turn for the worse - freezing again & threatening rain very menacingly :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F885/F20,180 :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Half a dozen books, a pair of slippers, a pair of espadrilles and three vest style tops in the charity bag :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a day off today after rest of family went back to school/work after the long weekend.
    As part of another online decluttering challenge I am doing at the moment,today I concentrated on decluttering the front room.It doesn't actually look too bad,but I knew there was alot of stuff lurking in the cupboard that needed sorting through.There is permanently a bundle in the corner to be sorted for donation,and bundles of papers/kids drawings/letters etc to be sorted through,sitting around the room.
    So,out of the house today:

Donated to a friend:
    799-845:47 DVD's that my kids (ages 9-16) have grown out of.Some of them were from when my 16yo was a pre-schooler :eek:.I was initially going to donate them with everything else tothe charity shop.Instead I decided to offer them to a friend of mine who would not be able to afford DVDs for her kids.I told her to keep what she would like,any others either keep/donate/fundraise for an overseas charity she is involved with.She was thrilled :j:j,so I am glad I did that.

Donated to school:
    846-861:16 pairs socks to use as spares
    862-874:13 pairs underpants

Donated to Charity shop:
    875:photo pen
    876:magic sword illusion toy
    877-879:Top Trumps card games (Bin Weavils,MoshieMonsters1,Moshie Monsters2)
    880:Lego Create The World cards
    881:pro-thumb wrestling stickers kit
    882:Minecraft Blockopedia-I really wanted to sell this-it cost me £15 new one Christmas,and has hardly been used.But then I dicided I really wanted it out of the house more-the space means more to me.And I hate the time needed to sell stuff- photograph,list,field enquiries,arrange a time to have a person collect,be let down and re-schedule,be asked at the doorstep if I would take less £ than agreed.........
    883:purse
    884:jewellery box
    885:pug-shaped novelty pencil sharpener
    886:Ecology Science kit,never used
    887:bouncy smiley ball
    888:plastic walking toy
    889:sweatshirt with labels still on (unwanted gift to me)

Out for recycling
    890-891:2 boxes that had been held onto since September.
    Day to day recycling,I don't count in this challenge,but we got these boxes in September last year.Each one contained a budgerigar for my son's birthday.Why we held onto them after transferring birds to their cage,I do not know-they have grown so much they would never fit in them again if they were being transferred somewhere......
    892:bundle of scrap paper out of cupboard I had been sorting.
    893:mail sitting around,sorted through,out for recycling
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have just been having a look through the decluttering 2017 thread,so I could see where I am this year compared to the same time last year.
    I wasn't actually posting in May last year,but when my mojo came back,by 24th June I had decluttered 774 items.It was 3rd July last year when I reached where I got today (893 items.)By the end of last year's challenge,I had decluttered 4300-odd items from the house.
    I am happy with how the house looks at the moment-lots of open spaces,lots of empty surfaces and cupboard space.But I know my loft is still a nightmare,and there is still too much paper hanging around.......
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Weather is miserable, we are miserable & we have sold an egg basket :rotfl: but that is it :(:(

F886 Wire egg basket - SOLD
    F887 - F891 Large black bin bag of rubbish in wheelie bin, bag of books to mini library, box of safe toys to drs surgery, bag of glass to Bottle Bank, small bin bag of general toot to Tip

We are getting a bit desperate now as still have so much stuff & are dependent on other people for various things - someone rehoming cats, cs to visit & decide what they want, DB turning up with van, DNeph being home so we can deliver his furniture & boxes of stuff, people collecting the items that have been reserved etc ad nauseam :eek:

Currently in a state of limbo & have completely lost our collective mojo :o:eek::o & the poor weather doesn’t help :( I will struggle for OS pleasures for another thread I post to :o

A rather depressed MrsSD signing off
    F891/F20,180 :(:(

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    Options
    623-632 books to League of Friends shop at work.
    633 body lotion sample used and packaging binned.

MrsSD you have done so well both in France and at home and an sure all will be fine and a day of not much happening is sure to happen.
    I'm sure more will be fine tomorrow and you have got rid of 5 bin bags worth today.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Back again :rotfl:Feeling a bit better as the weather has perked up a bit in that it is now reasonably warm even though still overcast :) + while DSis was out running errands, my DH & I stripped & remade our bed (the bed is too short for my DH so the covers get messed up :rotfl:) + we sorted out our packing & made decisions on travelling clothes & clothes for next 10 days:rotfl: - a quick win from our POV as we didn’t have to involve my DSis at all :rotfl:

Prior to DSis running errands, she & my DH started sorting the main kitchen so

F892 - F897 Two large bin bags of ood food, bottles of oil & spices galore into wheelie bins, another bag of glass for bottle bank & another bag of recycling emptied into recycling wheelie bin, small bag of toot from our bedroom, my old tracksuit bottoms binned

F898 A lint roller - SOLD for 50 cents :rotfl:

Nearly 900 :rotfl::rotfl:

The whole experience has made me even more determined to be absolutely brutal when I return to MY home :rotfl: (don’t know if there is a ‘grim determination’ smilie :rotfl: ) & I have already started a comprehensive list of things to do & the order in which to do them :rotfl: If we should ever move house I want to be sure that no boxes of toot will move with us :rotfl: & that I wouldn’t have too much to dispose of before we moved. I read somewhere on one of the threads that the first round of decluttering & tidying is only the start :eek: As you get tidier & less cluttered you want to get rid of more & more & I would like to be able to clean swiftly :rotfl: plus I love looking at clear surfaces & empty cupboards & shelves :rotfl: not that I am odd or anything :rotfl:

Onwards & upwards

MrsSD
    F898/F20,180 :rotfl:

• villagelife
    Options
    More has been done
    634 a tub that had contained bird good which I had been keeping even though it was broken.
    635 a mini Easter egg thrown away. I found it in a tree in the garden from an Easter egg hunt last year!
    636 half eaten sachet of weed killer that I found in the shed.
    637 battered packaging from netting. It's easier to store netting without the box.
    638 a couple of sheets of sandpaper that had been used.
    639-640 couple of plastic pots binned.
    641 a broken plastic plate binned

I think that's all for now.
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all!

Just a flying visit, having caught up with the thread. Well done all. :T Glad you found your mojo amongst the clutter Mrs SD. Probably hidden behind the boar's head. :rotfl: Saver-upper and villagelife (love the Easter Egg!), you're really powering ahead there. poorbutrich this thread does inspire, doesn't it? I found some car keys for a car we haven't had for years - but that's not in the same league as actual parts!:D

Posted a fair-sized post just before going to bed on Sunday and lost the lot! :mad: Tired and cheesed off, I went to bed. Since then things have been a bit of a blur.

Monday - drove to Glasgow, picked up DD and her remaining stuff, came back, unloaded car and deposited her at her dad's (where there's a bed!). Did an extremely small declutter and went to bed.

Tuesday - saw the full extent of the contents of her flat and nearly burst into tears. All decluttered spaces reclutter plus some. Sorely tempted to report 126lbs of DD permanently decluttered and I wasn't telling where the body was hidden! Fortunately, sense of humour reasserted itself, I thought "nuts to this, clutter will be here when the sun isn't - especially in Scotland! :D" and we went for a drive.

Wednesday - mojo back. Much of DD's stuff, plus a bit extra moved. She's not really up to helping at the mo, which is upsetting her, but it can't be helped. :( Anyway, most of her stuff's being stored. I'm counting it this time, because it's clutter but I won't count it again when she takes it with her.

Anyway, I have been keeping a daily record of the totals, so here they are:

Used batteries and assorted lightbulbs, Recycled, 2.25lbs
    Dodgy-looking tin of metal primer, Recycled, 1lb
    GF penne, Binned, 1lb
    High Fibre white macaroni, Binned, 1lb
    Brown chapati flour, Binned, 2lbs
    Whole wheat fusili, Binned, 0.5lb
    2 x Supernoodles, Binned, 0.5lb
    Mixed recycling, Recycled, 2.5lbs
    Plastic crate & mixed rubbish left in it, Binned, 3.5lbs
    First Aid Quals, Filed, 0.25lb
    Large Tins x 2, Recycled, 1.25lb
    Edwardian Dominos set, Put away, 1.5lb

Totals
    Day’s total 17.25lbs
    Running total 445lbs

Handbag 'waiting to be repaired', repair done and being used 0.25lb
    Old hand bag/purse with receipts, 0.5lb binned
    Back up CDs/DVDs checked, 1lb either deleted for re-use or binned.

Totals
    Day’s total 1.75lbs
    Running total 460.75lbs

First Aid Kit contents amalgamated and pouch binned, 0.25lb
    Freezer Drawers put back in freezer :o, 2lbs
    DD's stuff - either amalgamated or stored
    Caster Sugar, 2.25lbs

Ood Flour binned, 3.25lbs
    Bakeware, 0.75lb
    Food Colouring, 0.25lb
    Icing Sugar, 2.25lbs
    Xanthan Gum, 0.25lb
    Vanilla Extract, 0.5lb
    Matrioska Measuring Cups, 0.5lb
    Spiraliser, 2lbs
    Box of Assorted Ornaments etc, 17.5lbs
    Assorted China, 5lbs
    Lentils, 1.25lb
    Clothes, 15lbs
    Small Electronics, 4lbs
    Toiletries, 2.25lbs
    Pillows/Bedding, 6lbs

Totals
    Day’s total 65.25lbs
    Running total 526lbs

Have fun all..
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing