PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• retiredinfrance
    Options
    Thanks Mrs SD.
    Yes I will start again next year and in the meantime I have started a 12 Days of Christmas challenge to my self,
    On the first day of Christmas I decluttered
    one used pen
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    I am with you on that villagelife - my 2018 decluttering has been the easy stuff with no real or difficult decisions having to be made. It sounds like we will both have to ‘gird our loins’ :rotfl: & get on with it next year :D. Perhaps we can encourage each other :D

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    *418 more plastic wrappings - recycled.

I do have things ready to go to the tip, textile recycling and CS it's just finding the time. Might do the CS tomorrow.

retired I've just done the drawer thing with my small set of bedside drawers as I wanted to sort and trim down spare presents and bits. Things have been put back in the same drawer just decluttered along the way. It does make a difference:)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    On the second day of Christmas I decluttered
    2 out of date food items.

I know, I know I haven't got enough days left and I didn't find a used pen to add to the food stuff, but I am having a little fun with a little festive decluttering.

Just thought , a younger person would read that bit about fun and roll eyes and say "get a life "
    And as I typed that bit I started to smile and then to laugh!
    Yes, decluttering is FUN!
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Thanks Happy Kitties, for following the drawer thing . I also am going to do that again with a cupboard now and then. I will start with the two bedside tables that I use to keep underwear and bits of stuff . The bits of stuff are a winner for decluttering .Keep up the good work!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    On the second day of Christmas I decluttered
    2 out of date food items.

I know, I know I haven't got enough days left and I didn't find a used pen to add to the food stuff, but I am having a little fun with a little festive decluttering.

Just thought , a younger person would read that bit about fun and roll eyes and say "get a life "
    And as I typed that bit I started to smile and then to laugh!
    Yes, decluttering is FUN!

Made me smile too :rotfl: but apparently the 12 days of Christmas start on Christmas Day - so I have learnt something new :D However I am really looking forward to seeing what else you can declutter :D

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 December 2018 at 9:02PM
    Options
    *419-425 6 items to the CS.
    *426 crawling under the bed i found a small gift box which had been trashed by the cat- now in recycling

retired I do feel better for doing the small set of bedside drawers. Feel more in control if you know what I mean. Plan to do the big set of drawers by my bed after Christmas, it definitely needs a sort out.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Thanks Mrs SD. Now I have learnt something about the 12 days of Christmas. Decluttering broadens the mind as well. However, now I've started I will continue and now I must think about what to declutter tomorrow as well as grocery shopping.
  • stellata
    Options
    594 cake tin sold
    595-598 cardboard boxes
    599 bag of Xmas cards to work
    600 parcel posted which has been sat in kitchen for days
    601 polystyrene packaging to tip

I'm quite pleased with myself :)
    Magnolia Stellata
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1572-1635 papers
    1635-1638 glass cleaning cloths
    1639-1682 pencils
    1683-1708 pens
    1709-1727 greetings cards
    1728 one pack notelets
    1729 one notebook
    1730 one bank card
    1731 a 'to do' planner
    1732-1735 miscellaneous items
    1736-1747 books

I've a way to go before getting to 2018, but these are the last I have written down - I still have a pile to check and note

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure