2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, postage is £3.50 :o but is free if you spend £30.
    If you lived near me I'd be happy to combine orders and deliver to you but I think it would take me a long time to get to yours :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, postage is £3.50 :o but is free if you spend £30.
    If you lived near me I'd be happy to combine orders and deliver to you but I think it would take me a long time to get to yours :D

I think it might :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So this morning I've enquired about having a pitch at a couple of small local events, one is a fund day at a caravan park, (pitch is £5), the other is an open afternoon fun day at a care home (free pitch). I'll see if either come back as a yes and then will need to order more stock :D I know I said I wasn't going to go down this route but I was doing yet more thinking last night and my money situation will change quite drastically next summer so perhaps this could be a way of plugging that gap. If I view it as a longer-term thing and plan to build up contacts etc over the next year then hopefully it will generate some income from then on? Lets see :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    It's just a pity that the P & P is so high.
    Good idea to test out venturing further afield.
    THe care home would be a good one I think.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• benbenandme
    Options
    The care home have come back to say they already have another seller selling the same thing so can't offer me a pitch (but I may go along and get to know her anyway ;)), I haven't heard back yet from the caravan park but I also found another event at a localish school and they are happy for me to have a pitch. There isn't a fee for pitches but they request a donation for Autism Wessex. I'm happy to do that, they are a local charity that I have a lot of time for ;)

So, looks like I need to start thinking about doing some ordering :D:D

This morning I've been shopping as ds didn't have any trousers for holiday (need them for the evening). I've got a couple of pairs and he can choose which ones he prefers. I also got myself a pair of jeans (reduced to £12.99) and another pair of balck jeans in M&S reduced to £2.99 :eek: They could well go straight on ebay if they don't fit :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    My starter pack is due for delivery tomorrow :j :j That means I can go through it and see what is in there before I order extra stock for events. I am very excited about it all, tonight I want to sit down and crunch some figures so I have a goal in mind to aim for.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Whoop whoop, I've just completed a Newvista survey which has taken me to the £50 payout :beer: :beer:
  • beanielou
    Options
    You are on fire :)

• benbenandme
    Options
    So today my starter pack arrived (30 cards) and the Christmas stock is available to order (not yet available to the public online). So i have been sat going through my list and now have got it down to:
    • 97 birthday / occasion cards
    • 6 x boxes of Christmas cards
    • 4 x packs of notecards
    • 3 x advent calendars
    • 5 x advent calendar cards
    • Various other xmas items (bunting / money wallets etc)

In total this will all come to approx £170 with another £30 for a handheld card payment device. So, with my original £45 starter pack this takes me up to roughly £250 outlay :eek: However I have filled in and returned the form and paid for my stall at the event that confirmed for August 25th. So once I'm back from holiday I need to get this all sorted out and get some more events booked in :D:D
  • beanielou
    Options
    I still have one of the advent cards~~as I keep forgetting to give it too anyone early enough:rotfl:

Happy holidays :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure