Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Well, the heat is well and truly with us . Need to learn how to do a rain dance .
    On Saturday , the push/ pull sink plug n the bathroom decided to break . I went to my local Homebase , but they didn't have the size I needed. On route to Homebase, I sent my friend a text to see if he fancied a swift Guinness . We ended up having way more than a swift one . I got too comfortable ,and kept on insisting one more which is wrong and a bad habit I need to get out of . The pub was virtually empty but he doors were right open and after all the walking I didn't fancy moving anytime soon. Got home around 6.30 but considering we were out from 1 o'clock it was too much .
    When I eventually went to bed, I woke up at 2am obviously feeling rough . I got the last 2 nurofen . The pain went pretty quickly but because of the heat I could not get back to sleep .

I ordered sink fiting on fleabay ,and hope it's the right fit etc

Just come back from another session with mr. Trainer . Enjoyable .
    The walk to and from , not so . Too hot . One thing to mention regarding mr.trainer: he has done a web page for me with little video clips of him doing the various excercises over the last few months.
    Very impressive . I have a home workout , a muscle workout and an abs workout . He varies the excercises also . Very impressive .

I'm staying by the dyson fan for the rest of the day . Feeling better now :)
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your trainer sounds fantastic and really supportive AC.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • another_casualty
    Options
    You are right Mrs. P :) I would be lost without him .
    I have a long way to go ,and if I carry on I should hopefully get there.

Slept better last night , but woke up at 4 am . Not a big deal really .
    I listen to Steve Allen on Lbc who lives in Twickenham and tells us all about there and London .

Just been out to the shop to be a few bits . Too hot to go anywhere ,so I'm back indoors now .

Just gave meter reading to edf via their app. I asked for electricity bill to be increased due to me using the dyson fan religiously at the moment . I also phoned Wessex water to increase monthly payment from the £19 from sept to £30 incase I get any surprises . The first payment of £40 in August will stay the same .

Speaking of the electric meters . The key that closes the door has gone missing for months . I will have to pay £10 for a new one ,as will the other 3 flats . I did say though that I won't be giving it to contractors etc as I believe that someone did this hence the problem

My windows haven't been cleaned this year . I had to send an email to the managing agents asking why . Reason I ask , is that I saw a chap come out of his van , hose the upstairs windows and ignore mine.
    I could be getting the wrong end of the stick , but I would like to know when my windows are actually cleaned as it is a service I am paying for .

I'm hoping to record some music ideas if I have the energy .
    Where is the rain ? :(
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where is the rain ?

It's here! It was mizzling when I woke up, but luckily it's stopped, although it's still overcast. We did finally have a couple of lovely sunny days at the weekend, so lots of washing got done and hung out on Saturday, and we went to a car boot sale on Sunday, but yesterday it was back to being overcast. It's cooler here too.

Are you sure window cleaning is down to the management company? When I lived in a flat, it was my responsibility.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Glad you got your bits and pieces done before the rain givervamp .
    Too hot for a rain dance at the moment , so I may meditate later on or pray more .

Yes, the windows are the responsibility of the managing agents.
    I get an itemised bill every six months which includes ground rent as well. In my last place , the service charges were cheaper and very little was done and most of the stuff was my responsibility .
    What I have now , is more communication and also a sinking fund etc
    They do seem to do more , but I’m not sure about the company they use to do the window cleaning . I’ll keep you updated
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Still no rain :mad: Then again , I could be in London :o

I'm still waiting for the mgt company to respond to my email .i will try again on Monday if I hear nothing .

Yesterday, I was feeling relaxed and mellow ,albeit on one of the hottest days ever. That was until I received an mail from my mad brother..then another..then a phone call . :mad:
    Bear in mind , if I don't answer he would keep on and on so I thought it best to deal with it .Big mistake . The call ended when my phone died on me after approx 3 hours . Yes , I kid you not :mad:
    The thing is , he is more eccentric than catweazle . He phones when he wants something but very rarely bothers to reply to text/ phone calls from myself or other family members . Then it is everyone else's fault .I helped him with his problems best I could . When he uses the phone , he doesn't put it to his ear . He has it on loudspeaker and insists there is something wrong with my phone ..or that I've moved around the room . Hard work . He is threatening to visit soon .
    I my emigrate . Iceland looks appealing . Can you get steak and chips over there ?:)

So an awful attempt at sleeping last night . The previous night wasn't too bad tbh. I've been to the shops but have retreated back to the flat and the fan .
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,692 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    3 hours :eek::eek::eek: That sounds horrendous.

No let up to the warm weather although I love it. We have lots of shade in our garden though so I am getting lots of reading in. Now cuddling my 3 month old DGD2. She doesn't like the heat either.

Hope you sort window cleaning out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    33 here today and there's talk of up to 37 tomorrow - I love the heat but this is not pleasant, poor dogs are really feeling it.

Sounds like you're getting on really well AC - must be busier in Poole now with the holiday makers! Did you change the wardrobes yet?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks enthusiastic :) It is like talking to a disruptive 2 year old .
    Still , it's done now and I'm back to some sort of normality .

Received the plug for the bathroom sink via fleabay . Perfect fit . Cheap and cheerful :j

I bought a live rammstein dvd/ cd set via fleabay also .Thing is , on a hot day I'm watching masses of pyrotechnics with fire everywhere .
    Will I ever learn? :rotfl:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    33 here today and there's talk of up to 37 tomorrow - I love the heat but this is not pleasant, poor dogs are really feeling it.

Sounds like you're getting on really well AC - must be busier in Poole now with the holiday makers! Did you change the wardrobes yet?

Hello Anna :)
    It's the animals I feel sorry for more than anything else .

Yes Poole is busy now . I was thinking of going there for some food shopping tomorrow , but I don't think I'm brave enough .
    I may go there tues/ weds morning when it's supposed to be a bit cooler .

The wardrobe ? It's a question of whenever my friend is up for it . I don't want to encroach too much on his family life . When he decides he is ready for another Guinness or cider is the best time to discuss :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure